Here's What Target's 17" LED Ropelight Snowflakes look like, lit up, tile roof

Topdogg, yes you bet it was windy lat winter. There was 3 or 4 days in a row where the wind gusts up on my upper roof were 45 MPH.

I bought some eye hook screws and fastened my 6' inflstsble globes to the tile roof. You have to use a masonry bit to drill a pilot hole, then screw in the eye hook. See photos below. The bounced around a bit in the wind but the key is using all 4 tension cords and keeping them in stiff high tension to minimixe bouncing around. They held their ground...on the roof!

christmas-2007_42.JPG

christmas-2007_43.JPG

christmas-2007_44.JPG

Hey if you don't mind me asking ,How much are the Snowflakes @ Target? , I have been looking for those exact snoeflakes for awhile, and had no clue that target had them, Now I only need to get 20 or so, Hopefully they don't cost and arm and a leg:eek:

Hey if you don't mind me asking ,How much are the Snowflakes @ Target? , I have been looking for those exact snoeflakes for awhile, and had no clue that target had them, Now I only need to get 20 or so, Hopefully they don't cost and arm and a leg:eek:

targets lights are listed online, but i dont see that ropelight snowflake but they do have it in the store. I saw it last night.

Edited by mnkyboy

On my megatree I use standard home depot LEDs minis. I braid 4 colors together to form a super string. My how to page here shows you how I did the megatree:

http://www.lauderdalechristmas.com/how-to.htm

I invented an awesome new jig to help braid my light strings quicker using my power drill. Here's a video on youtube of my helpers wrapping up a superstring.

snowflakes on roof from target are $20.

Edited by jeffostroff

Here's what the new packaging looks like this year for the snowflake. I spent all weekend sriving to every Super Target from Deerfield beach, throught Boca, and Boynton Beach and Coral Springs, snapping up all their white LED snowflakes in preparation fro building my 16-channel vertical cascade.

snowflake10.JPG

• 3 weeks later...