Looking to expand

I am currently looking into buying items and expanding my display. I posted over at the DIY forum and they were a little rude. They were very arrogant and said a five year old could put the kits together. I don't think they understand my skill level is poor and I work a 60-70 hour work week. God bless my family because they constantly help with what lights I have now. Well if anyone wants to make some money on there gently used stuff that is ready to be plugged in and displayed please email me at [email protected]. I will gladly consider all items Blowups,Blow Molds,Lights,controllers, etc. You can make some extra cash and I can expand my display. Thanks!!!!

This is my quote from DIYC. I don't see this as saying my five year old is putting this together by himself.

"I have my nine year old helping me solder. It is real easy to learn and if you take your time you'll be okay."

I have a few ren 24's for sale. Make an offer but make sure the offer consists of an individually apology to every person any of your posts offended. I know that may seem like a steep price but thats just part of my price. Shipping not included.

post-9077-12957107069_thumb.jpg

I have a few ren 24's for sale. Make an offer but make sure the offer consists of an individually apology to every person any of your posts offended. I know that may seem like a steep price but thats just part of my price. Shipping not included.

ALso the REN's run DMX so you can use them on LOR software.

WOW, did you really get offended by something that wasn't even directed toward you. And how would you police the feelings of everyone that read his post?

And the DIYer sounded quite arrogant to me when he stated...

This is my quote from DIYC. I don't see this as saying my five year old is putting this together by himself.

"I have my nine year old helping me solder. It is real easy to learn and if you take your time you'll be okay."

Ok, his kid is 9 instead of 5. That's the definition of arrogant (overbearingly assuming). He stated he had no skills and wanted plug and play. And to show his arrogance is rude!

I don't know Bumble Yeti from the next person here, but if a new comer can't ask a question without being harassed, why keep the door open? We'll just keep the little click together...you know, for old times sake.

BTW, we were all new here at some time or another and I'm sure that there are elements in all of our displays where we obtained the information from here.

So get off your high horse. If you want to be a moderator here, talk to Chuck. This is supposed to be family friendly, not just when you decide it to be.

Folks, it's just Christmas Lights.

When people sell controllers, they typically either list them in the "for sale" section or on eBay. Most of us don't have a stockpile of unused controllers that we're willing to sell at a loss... when people sell they're either downsizing the display or quitting altogether -- and that doesn't happen terribly often...

-Tim

Bumble, Welcome to Planet Christmas! We were all new here once, and have different levels of expertise and different tastes. Think about what you would like to do: do you have a theme in mind? (winter wonderland, toyland, candy canes, nativity scene, Santa's workshop, etc.? Do you like blowmolds, cuttouts, wireframes, home-made items, mini trees, megatrees? Static lights, chasing lights, animated?

If this is your first year lighting up, I recommend focusing on the solid elements of your house and yard. Outline the roof first, then doors and windows with lights. Move on to your bushes, trees, and sidewalk and driveway. (You don't have to do everything but start with your house outline). Then add 1 or 2 large elements like a snowman, Santa, nativity, or tree. Be creative and do what you like! Most of us here add a few new items each year to what we have already. Then if you want to and can afford it, start with a lighting controller to change colors and chase things (later on you can sych to music if you want). The thing is Have Fun! And there are a lot of good resources here to help with whatever you choose.

I am currently looking into buying items and expanding my display. I posted over at the DIY forum and they were a little rude. They were very arrogant and said a five year old could put the kits together. I don't think they understand my skill level is poor and I work a 60-70 hour work week. God bless my family because they constantly help with what lights I have now. Well if anyone wants to make some money on there gently used stuff that is ready to be plugged in and displayed please email me at [email protected]. I will gladly consider all items Blowups,Blow Molds,Lights,controllers, etc. You can make some extra cash and I can expand my display. Thanks!!!!

I have to think that there was a misunderstanding when you read the comments on DIYC(and yes, I was one of those who posted). Even after rereading all the posts I don't think that comment was meant as an insult but as a reassurance that you can probably handle the soldering if you wanted to give it a try.

Having said that, DIYC is a Do It Yourself community and the Renard is a Do It Yourself Controller. In your first post you implied you don't really want Do it yourself. For that reason I think you might be happier with a complete controller such as d-light, LOR, etc. If the Renard has issues you'd need to be able to fix it yourself(with the help of DIYC) but the bought controllers should come with a support system.

I submitted an idea on the forum and will admit I was looking for a quick solution. Money is tight (recently took a **** of a pay cut but happy to be employed). The money I had saved to buy LOR just wasn't there. I did not want to insult anyone or hurt there feelings. I question if anyone's feelings were hurt. The misquote was due to the fact that my children are actually three and five and I wouldn't let either one near a HOT SOLDERING IRON. If you want to submit tips or items to buy, it would be appreciated. I would benefit and maybe you would make a little cash. In closing, I am not trying to be a firebrand. My goal is to better my home during the wonderful holiday of Christmas. I enclosed a picture of my two wonderful children and the Grandfather they adore. The light display is mainly for them. My Father is a widow and really needs a excuse during the holidays to be happy. I am not trying to garnish any sympathy just opening up and sharing my motivation. I am sure everyone's motivation is just as good. I would hope no one's motivation is to act haughty or arrogant, and put others down. That would be ridiculous, Huh?

No matter who tries to sell you mini lights you will feel your getting ripped off.

Be it shipping or the price per box.

I have cases of lights but travelled all over to get them when they where on sale.

If I posted $1.50 a box people would freak saying they could sell them for $1.00 a box.

Just like controllers I am sure no one wants to take a loss on those either.

I have some Renard 24's I would sell. With cords in an enclosure $350 each. I think I have three extra. Plus shipping and paypal fees.