You've Been Booed!

That sounds like such a cool idea! I would love to try it next year but our neighborhood is one where there's not a whole lot of kids and many people don't even know their neighbors' names (or maybe we say "Hello" and that's about it). Does/would it still work?

Hi there guys!! I am a new member as well and Lil bit I am in Orlando too!!!

Richard i absolutely love your site! Booing was a Huge hit in our neighborhood this year!! And we have tons of kids in the neighborhood and by the way, i don't know the neighbors that well. That made the booing all the more special!!! in this day and age of internet frankly I was shocked at all the trick or treaters we had. However we were thrilled!!

I have an idea. For those that missed the booing this year. i was researching on the internet on being able to do this with just about ANY holiday!! i think it is a great way to be neighborly and put a fantastic smile on people's faces!!

Richard how open are you to changing your site with the seasons???? I think that would be great and of GREAT service!!

I found a website with poems for :

Thanksgiving--"you've been gobbled"--Funny Turkey

Christmas-- "You've been jingled"-- Bells

Valentine--"You've been kissed"--hearts

St. Patrick's Day--"you've been clovered"--4 leaf clover, leprechaun

Easter--"you've been bunnied"--Easter bunny, egg, etc

Obviously you wouldnt do this for every holiday, that would drive people crazy however to spontaneously do it would be great and having a template would be even better!!

Does any else have any ideas about this?? I would love the feedback!! Giving is so much fun!! Especially with the way the economy is this year, I think it is so important for people to feel that others care and doing the "booing" helps in a small way!! I definitley will be jingling people this year!!!! :)

oh here are the links I found

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382071

http://www.busybeelifestyle.com/youve-been-jingled/

http://www.busybeelifestyle.com/a-jingling-poem/

Our first try at this for Halloween this year was dismal unfortunately.....

We picked (what we thought) the two most creative neighbours and dropped our BOO gifts off with the note and nothing :confused:.

Ohh well, we will try it again next year!

I just got done create the web site at

www.beenjingled.com

beenjingled-color.jpg

It is just like the beenbooed.com web site but with a Jingling Elf.

Richard how open are you to changing your site with the seasons???? I think that would be great and of GREAT service!!

I found a website with poems for :

Thanksgiving--"you've been gobbled"--Funny Turkey

Christmas-- "You've been jingled"-- Bells

Valentine--"You've been kissed"--hearts

St. Patrick's Day--"you've been clovered"--4 leaf clover, leprechaun

Easter--"you've been bunnied"--Easter bunny, egg, etc

Obviously you wouldnt do this for every holiday, that would drive people crazy however to spontaneously do it would be great and having a template would be even better!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My neighbors just tolerate my display - I'm not sure they want to be "jingled" or "boo-ed."

Since it is anonymous, they will never know it was you! (Insert Evil Laughter). It is fun to see is spread down the street and know that you were the one responsible for starting it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...