I've offended some neighbors..

well how abotu i leave pc.

it seems like its a big problem to everyone here i brought up and old thread. who cares omg yall are worse then high school drama. and if you dont like the way i type ur gonna have to get used to it due to the fact its not an assignment. i dont get graded for it. :mad::mad:

Richard, I started this thread.. and its not a problem as far as I'm concerned that you wanted to post to it. Welcome to PC.

Being rude, whether its a newbie or a senior member is uncalled for. Let's all take a chill pill and relax..

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard, I started this thread.. and its not a problem as far as I'm concerned that you wanted to post to it. Welcome to PC.

Being rude, whether its a newbie or a senior member is uncalled for. Let's all take a chill pill and relax..

i know u did and i loved ur display. i just cant belive how im being picked at. like i said i REALLY want to leave PC now b/c of how im being treated im 16 and come here to talk to everyone about christmas a place to come after a long day at work and relax talk about displays year round b/c my parents get tired of hearing it once it all comes down. but i come in here and make a lil error bring up an old post. GOD DOES IT REALLY MATTER. i still think chuck or who ever owns this website should have a few words w/ all of you.:mad:

Richard,

First off, Welcome and I cannot believe all the grief a 16 year old is getting for the way he types. Its only grammer!!

Second off, your young and learning about things. The only way to learn is to bring up old threads and posts...so do it! I've done it from time to time as well. That is how we learn.

Third, I don't think you have a attitude problem. I for one think most teens talk that way, so talk the talk! We're not here for a contest in talking, its to learn and not get repremended for our speaking!

Fourth off, if you ever need help with blowmolds you can always PM. So welcome aboard and please do not leave just becuase some grown adults made you feel low for no reason. I'm sure some of them have teenagers as well!

While I'm new here myself, from some of the posts I've read there are quite a few that could or should go back to school for a lesson in grammer. What seems to be the big problem? Let the kid be. If you don't like the way he types then don't reply. I thought this was a family place but from some of the posts I've read , I wonder Welcome to the forum and post away Richard!

This is the off season on this site, so the post count is quite a bit lower than it will be in a few more months. There is a lot of extreme display creators that are members on this site and can create a lot of things that you

I think the intent of most people who addressed the grammar and speaking style was to be helpful. The point being exactly what you just said, people can and will choose to ignore a post or thread they have trouble reading.

Someday Richard, or anyone else on PC will probably post a question. Wouldn't it be a shame if the one person who knows the answer never bothered to read the question because it was poorly written?

Wouldn't it be a shame if the one person who knows the answer never bothered to read the question because it was poorly written?

I cant agree more Steve. Writing your post as close to "proper English" as you can write it is the best way to get a good response. Do I mean break out your english 101 text book? No, but writing it clearly and too the point is the best method.

One of the top rules in writing is know your audience. I'm going to make a assumption here, but I am sure there are people here who know a ton about Christmas decorating and dont know what IDK, LOL, LMAO, ROTFL, ect really mean. When you use chatroom room language in a non-chatroom setting, to some it may be no different than if you asked half the question in English and the other half in Spanish. Most people here will do what they can to answer a question, but if they dont know what your asking / saying, they wont know what you want and will in some cases move on to the next post.

Do what you want, just realize there are negatives to certain styles of writing.

Edited by ChrisL1976

I cant agree more Steve. Writing your post as close to "proper English" as you can write it is the best way to get a good response. Do I mean break out your english 101 text book? No, but writing it clearly and too the point is the best method.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, but he lumped me in with the "bad guys" so it didn't matter...

I saw the "dog pile" that was going on here and just wanted to tell you: Don't let it bug you- Some of the people on PC have nothing better to do. Threads on PC are ALWAYS seasonal and come back around YEARS later in many cases. You were applauding what Carrie did, and there's nothing wrong with that.

There is no rule about reviving threads- although to be honest, the rules around here get a little cloudy sometimes depending on people's moods and perceptions. As a newbie, you're of course going to troll through the threads and if you have something to comment on, add, etc. you go right ahead. If you had started a new post about a hanging man, those same people would have jumped on you for not using the search feature to find Carrie's thread. You can't win for losing around her sometimes!

As for the way you type: to be honest, it is annoying. As some others have said (although not very well or nicely), text-speak isn't really the norm around here. I personally have three people on my ignore list because I can't stand the way they mangle things. I can't understand what they're trying to say half the time! To avoid this, perhaps capitalization, spelling, and using some correct rules of grammar would be wise, even if it's not being graded! :D

Keep looking around on PC. There's a lot of good info here, especially for someone new to the hobby. And if some people bother you, don't leave. Just use that handy "ignore" function. You'll never hear from them again!

Best of luck to you-

Ryan

Semantics. Months or years matters not. The thread was OLD and nothing substantial was added.

If we were terribly worried about it, maybe we can have the PC Police go and lock all the message threads when they hit 12 months old. Myself I think they should perhaps auto-delete at the 1 year mark... it reduces risk of "old thread revival", spreading information on something that might now be obsolete and useless or now erronious because of technological advancement, plus it might also improve the PC database response time because its not bogged down with 50 million ancient messages. For that matter a user purge should be done. Anyone not logged in, in 21 months should autodelete, I am sure if they are interested and come back they wont mind logging in as new again, they'd never remember their password or user name after so long anyways.

Joseph,

I know you are being facetious, but this particular incident wasn't limited to just this thread. There was a slew of old posts that all of a sudden popped back to life and nothing had been added.

Was it the end of the world? No - just a minor annoyance.

I don't think Frank needed to be so harsh with his original response but I think he just meant to provide some guidance to prevent a dozen more dead threads from being revived.

If you only look for "new posts", having 20 or so "old posts" with no new info is kind of annoying.

Again, not the end of the world and it should have been handled nicer.

i just want to thank Matilda and Carrie for being so nice to me in all this that some others didnt want to. Thanks ladies. i appreciate it:)

welcome to the boards richard dont let a few grumpy guss's spoil the fun all are welcome here...or supposed to be ! enjoy yourself and if ya have any questions im sure I or carrie or any other number of members can help ya out:) Later Frank

• 3 months later...

Okay,just saw this thread. Yeah,I know it's old,but I wanted to put my two cents in anyway. Removing the hanged man would be placating these people,yes. But coming from the experience of seeing suicide scenes,it is a little traumatic for some people to see for a month. If I was in this position,I would remove it simply because I wouldn't want this person to come back in anger to vandalize my house. If they were willing to use expletives in the letter to insult you,they'll be willing to go further,believe me. I wouldn't be concerned about everybody's feelings. That's not your job to be their therapist or shoulder to cry on. We can't make EVERYONE happy,but I'd be worried about the rest of the display. It's not your fault this person had this tragic event happen to them and it shouldn't be your concern on how they choose to deal with it. I'm sure it's hard for them,but their lives shouldn't affect others. Especially when they don't even know you. Maybe hang him in the back of the yard?

By the way,I've seen friends who have committed suicide and I've tried to commit it myself many times growing up. That hanging man wouldn't bother me at all. Suicide lost it's sting for me once I found a way to live with it and laugh at it. We all deal with the subject differently. I was lucky to find a way to laugh at it and get rid of it completely.The Armani suit hanging in a tree,on the other hand, would bother me! What are you thinking! I have friends that would kill for that suit!:giggle::giggle: