wrong kind of trick-or-treaters

How many of you buy 2 bags of candy? We normally get a big bag of the good stuff and then a bag of cheap candy. Around here, we get about 30-40% of the people IMHO should not be trick or treating, Too old, didn't even attempt to make a costume......then of course we get 4-5 a year of the ones with the 2 month old baby...."this is for her/him".....or there's 2 people in the car who want candy. Sometimes I just bite my tongue and grin. Dont get me started on saying "thank you"

Amy I just a horrible person or what???? Unfortunately, some of my neighbors have stopped giving out candy just because of this issue.

Edited by ChrisL1976

at our house, if you don't come up to the door you don't get candy

if you aren't wearing a costume you only get ONE piece

had a group of 5 or 6 teenagers last year and only one of them had on a costume my wife gave him 4 pieces of candy and the others one as they walked off you could tell his pillowcase was much fuller than the others

Having young kids, I can understand the "too young" thing, parents are itching to show off their cutie in a little costume. And even very young kids like candy...

As for too old, I don't really mind the teens so much. I remember that ackward age where you really want to be trick-or-treating but you feel too old for it... I agree they should at leat *try* to make a costume though.

That said, we're typically at halloween partys and never home to hand out candy. I remember one year though, maybe 10 years ago, where I had bought both snickers and smarties (I happen to love smarties). Evidently nobody else likes Smarties, so the snickers got picked out very quickly, and by the end of the night all I had were Smarties. You wouldn't believe how many kids actually groweled in discussed "Oh, not Smarties-- no thanks I don't need any..." So much for thanks!

-Tim

As for too old, I don't really mind the teens so much. I remember that ackward age where you really want to be trick-or-treating but you feel too old for it... I agree they should at leat *try* to make a costume though.

-Tim

14-15 years old....that's fine, but We had a few last year that had real facial hair and could probably vote ;)

Mikes Rules for Trick-or-Treaters:

1 - No Costume, no candy. And you have to put the WHOLE thing on. No fair carrying around the mask. PUT IT ON.

2 - No 'Trick-Or-Treat', no candy. There must be an oral contract. You demand that you get a treat, or you will trick me. Otherwise, you are just a trespasser (and I *WILL* release the hounds!).

3 - If you are too sick/small/whatever to come to the door, you are too sick/small/whatever to eat candy. Next year eat your spinach and drink your milk so you'll be well/big/whatever enough to come to my door.

I give candy to everyone who comes to the door.

I'm already getting Trick or Treater's. They started at 5:00PM :eek:. When I was little we didn't start until dusk.

Ours is 5 to 7 here as well....just not getting darkish....6pm

Only had on non-dressed up person so far.....

Mikes Rules for Trick-or-Treaters:

1 - No Costume, no candy. And you have to put the WHOLE thing on. No fair carrying around the mask. PUT IT ON.

2 - No 'Trick-Or-Treat', no candy. There must be an oral contract. You demand that you get a treat, or you will trick me. Otherwise, you are just a trespasser (and I *WILL* release the hounds!).

3 - If you are too sick/small/whatever to come to the door, you are too sick/small/whatever to eat candy. Next year eat your spinach and drink your milk so you'll be well/big/whatever enough to come to my door.

Holy cow....do they have to come to the door with proof of age as well.....birth certificate, state ID.....:)

Holy cow....do they have to come to the door with proof of age as well.....birth certificate, state ID.....:)

Nope. All that is required:

1 - Wear a costume.

2 - Come to my Door.

3 - Say 'Trick or Treat'.

4 - PROFIT!

I don't care how old you are, if you live in the neighborhood, whatever!

Heck, come to my door 20 times in 20 different costumes and I'll hand out the goodies EVERY time! :D

Costume->Door->Words->Candy

I give everyone candy.....depending on how much and what it is depends if they meet my criteria. I only had 1 non-dressed person this year so it was much better than last year. Although number were down from last year which was very surprising....last year it was like 50 degrees and had rained off and on all day, so it was a cold damp evening. Tonight was 65 and beautiful.

This year was much better than past years as far as manners (thank you's were abundant), although I did have one teen who made on comment "he's giving the cheap stuff out" as he walked away......Oh, I bit my tongue hard......:)

Smashing Pumkins.......My neighbor had issue with that one year...so the next year, at 8pm halloween night he tilted the 3 large pumpkins on their backs and filled them with quick set concrete......he said at about 11 pm he heard screams of pain in his front yard....he ran out to find one kid on the ground with a broken foot and the other kid hobbling back to the car....threw his back out picking up the pumpkin. Police were called, parents we called, and it was agreed on that any medical bills would be paid by the parents if no criminal charges were pressed. He thought they learned their lesson.

Around our neighborhood tonight it seemed that the amount of kids were done alot. Normally our street is filled with cars and people, and just about impassible. But it seems that since 9-11 that the amount of trick or treaters has dropped.

They started at 5:00PM :eek:. When I was little we didn't start until dusk.

Same here. Moving the end of daylight savings time to after Halloween was a very bad idea IMHO. Not only does it mean one less hour of proper trick-or-treating for the kids, it makes for an additional week of getting up before sunrise if you have to be at work for 09:00, or of not seeing the sun in the morning at all if you have to be at work by 08:00.

Same here. Moving the end of daylight savings time to after Halloween was a very bad idea IMHO. Not only does it mean one less hour of proper trick-or-treating for the kids, it makes for an additional week of getting up before sunrise if you have to be at work for 09:00, or of not seeing the sun in the morning at all if you have to be at work by 08:00.

I would MUCH rather go to work in the dark, than come up in the dark. It always bugs me when it's dark by 5:30, and I still have yard work, etc. to do...

-Tim

Top Ten Sign's Your Too Old To Trick Or Treat.;)

10. You get winded from knocking on the door.

9.You have to have another kid chew the candy for you.

8. You ask for high fiber candy only.

7. When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you lose your balance and fall over.

6. People say, "Great Keith Richards mask!" and you're not wearing a mask.

dancemummy.gifdancemummy.gifdancemummy.gif

5. When the door opens you yell, "Trick or..." and can't remember the rest.

4. By the end of the night, you have a bag full of restraining orders.

3. You have to carefully choose a costume that won't dislodge your hairpiece.

2. You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker.

1. You avoid going to houses where your ex-wives live.

hpbar.gifhpbar.gifhpbar.gifhpbar.gif

HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

We've given out glow bracelets for several years. Anyone and everyone who comes to our house is welcome to one, parents included. As a matter of fact, there were a couple kids who told their parents that our house had to be the first stop. Since I can get the bracelets for about the same amount as what I would have spent on candy it's a win-win situation. Everyone gets a "cool" treat that they put right on, drivers can spot the trick or treaters very easily, and (so far) none of our Halloween decorations have been destroyed or stolen.

Well with the show we put on, we tend to average about 200-250 trick or treaters each Halloween. We rarely have anyone come to the door without a costume on, but we hand out treats no matter what. Typically we give a handful of candy to each kid and we pick up about a C-note's worth of candy to start the night. Didn't run out this year, but did last year. (I hate having to run off for more later in the evening)