Is It too early???

Ok so today i put up the stables stakes etc and lights but its so nice for the next few days i thought about going ahead and putting all the molds out. Its so warm and its suppose to get cold in a week. But i dont want to look like a idiot either lol . THere is a house here in town that has all theres up but what all do you think should i do it while the weather is nice??????:confused:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nawww, its never too early!

I was thinking of getting my molds out too in the next few days. I just got all the Halloween down and am getting up lights, stables, and stakes. Anything thats hard when it's cold. I may just go ahead and get out the blowmolds tomorrow.

Nawww, its never too early!

I was thinking of getting my molds out too in the next few days. I just got all the Halloween down and am getting up lights, stables, and stakes. Anything thats hard when it's cold. I may just go ahead and get out the blowmolds tomorrow.

:D:D:D i want to but my dad so no molds yet :P

Guest A.F.NUT

Its too early for molds wait till the week of thanksgiving at the soonest.However get the lights up I started yesterday my roof is done its much more fun to put them up when your not freezing to death, my lights are usually all up before thanksgiving and the rest, the day after no matter what the weather. But that just me I like to enjoy my thanksgiving molds too, Tom

last year i froze my hind end off hanging lights and such. saturday all day,, sunday all day, and 3 days during the week. i mean it was COLD!! (in the 30's and such) the next week it was almost 80 lol so i took down my halloween after work today and mowed around where the molds were. lights are going up tomorrow!! : )

I was thinking about having my b/f put up our light's outside around the house but not plug them in the next nice weekend we have and I don't think we're gonna see too many more of those.

However I won't put up the decoration's inside until after Thanksgiving. And we won't set up our nativity until then outside.

I was thinking about having my b/f put up our light's outside around the house but not plug them in the next nice weekend we have and I don't think we're gonna see too many more of those.

However I won't put up the decoration's inside until after Thanksgiving. And we won't set up our nativity until then outside.

Yeah i usually work on outdoor thanksgiving week and indoor first of december. ;) Outdoor will probably be earlier this year though :D

I know I'm the lone opposing voice that will be ignored ;) but I think it's way too early for 'visible' displays to be out. I was busy most of today, but got home about 3pm and did a small amount of work -- mainly staging stuff -- getting stuff down from the attic, piling it in hidden piles around the back of the house, etc. I got the clips up for our icicle lights up and hopefully will get those hung up tomorrow -- gotta get that done early as I can't get up on the edge of the roof once we get ice or snow, and you never know when that will come here in MN. I also got my revolving star up, but that's barely visible when it's not lit. Next to go up is the tree lights -- again not visible at all.

Our wireframes, molds, and inflatables are among the very last things to go up -- usually the week or so before Thanksgiving.

I'm a stickler about getting the stuff up as late as possible, and (especially) down as soon as possible. I think it's just part of being a good neighbor -- nobody want's to live next to a plastic Disneyland 1/4 or more of the year :)

-Tim

i got about 35 molds in the yard today along with trees wireframes, you name it and its out there. i still have about another 50 or so just sitting in the driveway

i say go for it!!!

last night while trick or treating we passed out flyers for our light up night party.

i had neighbors stopping all day and talking about the lights, they can't wait til they turn on!!!

bob

I know I'm the lone opposing voice that will be ignored ;) but I think it's way too early for 'visible' displays to be out. I was busy most of today, but got home about 3pm and did a small amount of work -- mainly staging stuff -- getting stuff down from the attic, piling it in hidden piles around the back of the house, etc. I got the clips up for our icicle lights up and hopefully will get those hung up tomorrow -- gotta get that done early as I can't get up on the edge of the roof once we get ice or snow, and you never know when that will come here in MN. I also got my revolving star up, but that's barely visible when it's not lit. Next to go up is the tree lights -- again not visible at all.

Our wireframes, molds, and inflatables are among the very last things to go up -- usually the week or so before Thanksgiving.

I'm a stickler about getting the stuff up as late as possible, and (especially) down as soon as possible. I think it's just part of being a good neighbor -- nobody want's to live next to a plastic Disneyland 1/4 or more of the year :)

-Tim

Tim, you aren't the lone voice. I agree with you. Today I spent all day tearing down Halloween, only thing left are the icicle lights and they'll come down in the morning.

Tomorrow, I'll finish putting it all away (I hope so anyway) and then get up in the roof and start Christmas. Like Tim, all the lights get put up first, nothing that is really visible. Staging will be next, in the back where nothing is seen.

We had a ton of snow last year on December 1st, prevented me from finishing what I wanted to do. So this year, I'm hoping to get a head start, but no molds until much closer to December. Not only does it "rush" the season, but my nerves can't take it. The thought of vandalism or theft keeps me from putting out blow molds until after Thanksgiving.

i got about 35 molds in the yard today along with trees wireframes, you name it and its out there. i still have about another 50 or so just sitting in the driveway

i say go for it!!!

last night while trick or treating we passed out flyers for our light up night party.

i had neighbors stopping all day and talking about the lights, they can't wait til they turn on!!!

bob

Thats great!!

I've just about got all my house lights up, been working on them the past few weekends, and I got all the wiring done to my controllers. BUT, the better half says no blowmolds, mega tree or arches until at least after next week!!!

Guest A.F.NUT

-Tim

I totaly agree with you lights are one thing, but it loses its majic if its up too soon plus its hard on the molds thats an extra month of fadeing. I wish you were my neighbor some of mine leave what little they put up til april iIcant stand that! Tom

Icicle lights went up today. But, no molds or anything in the yard won't go up till Thanksgiving. I don't want my molds to get faded, vandalized, stole etc. And, I don't know what the neighbors will think of that "plastic stuff" in the yard already in the first week of November.;)