Everything Must Go... :( 2nd thread

Steve I am really sorry that I offended you. I do not know why it says your joined about the same time as the Carson display started making the rounds. You know that would be a nice survey to put out. Did the Carson Williams display have anything to do with your finding PC. I can better understand you not being able to spot Carson Williams all over Jims display since you seem to think he had nothing to do with the explosion of members to pc and the number of LOR's sold. After seeing Carsons display I made my way to pc and that is when I seen more videos of others displays. And I seen a lot of videos that I personally liked more then Carsons. But it was his video, his display that was emailed around the world. He was on national tv, given the red carpet treatment by TSO, had a commercial made using it, and countless people try to duplicate it and yet you are right he had no effect on the number of members on pc. Had I have not seen Carsons display I can tell you I wouldn't have purchased those 10 LOR boxes the following summer. I know I am probably the only guy in the US that purchased because of that video so I would guess LOR did not even notice the increase in sales.

Jim why tell me to settle down when it is you that seems so upset. I am really sorry if I

let out your secret on who you copied your display after. I only mentioned it in the original post because I was trying to get a clue as to how old those lights are that you are selling

and the Carson display would have made them about 2 seasons out in the elements. 2 guys looked at your display and were clueless as to who I was talking about so I was only trying to give them a few hints. Did you happen to read where I wrote "In no way am I making any judgement about his display because it looks very nice" I copied many elements of Carsons display as I know many people did so I do not know how I could have made it any easier for you to understand that I was not judging you for it. I was just a little taken back that a display as famous as Carsons had been already forgotten. Sorry no harm meant to you as I am sure you are the great guy you profess to be. Oh but just to keep the record straight, Carson had 4 color icicle lights and a 4 color Mega tree so you really didn't take those to the next level. And Jim if I am going to be honest with you I have to say that I gave a lot of 2 year old lights away because they take a beating in the weather and I really didn't feel like they were worth much. I think if you want to get rid of your stuff that you might have to lower your price a little. But hey what do I know I thought anyone would have seen the Carson similarities in your display.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I for one looked at carson's display 5 or 6 times after I signed up and that was it. Whenever I open up any video and it plays that song I can never close it fast enough. I just simply forgot about it.

Good luck with the sale Jim.

Roman

Ok everyone lets think this through before we ask questions like does this include the lor boxes. He is selling a 14 foot megetree with alot of lights for 350 dollars. He says this eats up 65 channels. I know we are all crazy for Christmas but he would be REALLY and certifiably crazy to sell the tree, the lights, AND 65 lor channels for 350 dollars. Hate to sound cranky but the SAME question has been asked many times. As for wasting time I meant over the years not the last 45 minutes. lol I am sad to see this display go it was one of my favorites.

Ok well sorry for asking a question, I just thought that maybe if he is wanting to get rid of some items, 350.00 is better than getting nothing for it. I really didn't think people would have to make a big deal about the question. Obviously it wasn't answered so I asked again in case someone forgot about the question. SERIOUSLY IT WAS A QUESTION, I can't believe that we are all getting mad like this over a question, REALLY??? Lets all take a chill pill here!!!

I am sorry as I know I was not as pc friendly as I should have been. This economy and the fact I have been off work more then at work the last 3 months has left me too much time to overthink things. I was envious of how well your happy holidays sign turned out

and I know how much work changing out lights to make 4 color icicle lights are. Best of

luck with your sale.

Duane

I do not know why it says your joined about the same time as the Carson display started making the rounds.

There have been numerous versions of the forum. In Nov 2005, there was an upgrade that was made and everybody that had joined up to that time had their join dates reset to the default of late November 2005.

Hope this helps.

Some of us have been around much longer than that.

So does that mean the mega tree doesnt come with the LOR boxes??? Please don't yell at me again! :(:(:(:(:(

I really hope you're being sarcastinc/trying to be funny.

If not, I would suggest reading the entire thread, starting from the top.

-Tim

Where does it say that the LOR boxes don't come with the tree???

Just to be clear, the LOR controllers have all been sold.

Did you expect the mini trees and light strings to come with them as well??

Where did you see that, I didnt see that anywhere?

Did I aks about the mini trees or light strings?? I am not stupid, I don't think the light strings or mini trees would come with them.

In East's reply after you asked the question the first time.

As Steve pointed out, did you really expect $350 to buy you practically 20K of lights, a mega-tree support structure, 7 plastic totes to store it in, AND 5 LOR controllers? Come on, you can't even buy the PC board kits for $100 each, without enclosures or cords...

I'm dropping it now... :giggle:

Cade is new everyone and he's a young guy who hasen't bought this stuff before. I know when I first got involved with animated lights I was shocked at the prices of some of this stuff (you don't realize that it's worth it until you've learned a lot and used it), so I understand his questions.

So yes, it's entirely possible that he thought it might be the pricing for everything, controllers included. For those of us who've been here for a bit, it seem ridiculous, but it's understandable. For pete's sake we have people on PC all the time wanting controllers FOR FREE (people who've been here a long time by their own admission), so we can't really fault a young kid for asking an uninformed question when we have adult members who think it's acceptable to free-load off of everyone at every opportunity.

Cade- my suggestion is this (and this avoids the yelling you got). When you see a deal on PC (or anywhere), check what the prices are new for the items. If it seems like it might be very inexpensive, shoot the original poster a PM and ask them what's specifically included in the price.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be overly harsh. It's just that the question (however ridiculous or not) was answered both by others (giving a sanity check) and by East himself, yet he still didn't get it :)

But everyone makes mistakes, certainly I do...

Again, sorry if I came off as crabby/jerky/non-PC-three-rules-conforming...

Cade is new everyone and he's a young guy who hasen't bought this stuff before. I know when I first got involved with animated lights I was shocked at the prices of some of this stuff (you don't realize that it's worth it until you've learned a lot and used it), so I understand his questions.

So yes, it's entirely possible that he thought it might be the pricing for everything, controllers included. For those of us who've been here for a bit, it seem ridiculous, but it's understandable. For pete's sake we have people on PC all the time wanting controllers FOR FREE (people who've been here a long time by their own admission), so we can't really fault a young kid for asking an uninformed question when we have adult members who think it's acceptable to free-load off of everyone at every opportunity.

Cade- my suggestion is this (and this avoids the yelling you got). When you see a deal on PC (or anywhere), check what the prices are new for the items. If it seems like it might be very inexpensive, shoot the original poster a PM and ask them what's specifically included in the price.

Thanks Ryan for having my back there. I really thought that he would rather get 350 for something rather nothing for it. I'm sorry that I have irritated some people with my question.

I love a forum when others answer the questions before I even get a chance, thanks Tim! I know that even after I sell my items off I'm going to still visit this forum, you guys are great!

So to make it crystal clear, I do not have any more LOR units to sell. All of the other items are up for negotiation regarding price.

Also, I have always enjoyed that people take the time to read an entire thread before jumping in and commenting. The PC forum is one on the best on the net.

I now assign Tim F and Steven S to answer all additional questions that anyone may have. LOL

Ok, I did not sell my LOR units all for 350.00. To be honest I don't remeber what I sold them all for. I sold some on ebay and a few though PC. They were good deals but not give-a-ways.

For those of you that are looking to pick up some LOR units I suggest waiting for the once a year sale that LOR has. You can always give Dan a call at LOR and he will tell you when the sale is going to be.

Jim

I now assign Tim F and Steven S to answer all additional questions that anyone may have. LOL

Better let Steven do it, I'm evidently feeling overly snarky today :)

-Tim

Edited by tfischer
anti-snark

Better let Steven do it, I'm evidently feeling overly snarky today :)

-Tim

Yeah you might want to the the answering questions to Steven today!!! You don't want to yell at another person today. One is enough!!!

Sorry Chuck, Cade got them already.

Roman

Sure did, waiting for them to come in the mail!!! Can't wait. Thanks East for all the controllers you gave me!!!

Edited by cade

Wow if people think I am yelling you better not come past my house when my UK Wildcats are getting beat. lol Sorry people I am a direct and to the point type of guy and to some I guess that is yelling. Guess all of us old folks like me and Tim are just a little too cranky. lol I must not be versed well in internet speak because I thought THIS WAS YELLING!!!!!!!!! LMAO Not a problem but everyone must learn that we are all different types of people and what I think is perfectly fine many may think is completely offending. Its what makes this place interesting. I am sure there are some things I do that many don't approve of and I am sure that there are things others do that I don't approve of. All you young people around here just need to know that not everyone will be as cuddly as a kitten in life sometimes many may come off as porcupines.

Edited by Steven Singleton Jr.