So what happened to ...

So what happened to some of these long standing blow mold makers?

Empire, Union, etc do they still make them?

I used to see blowmolds all over the place at target, walmart, sears, kmart in years past for the Christmas holidays.

Now I do not see them anywhere for sale except on the Internet.

Any ideas?

I seen a few snowmen and Santa's at Kmart and Santa's at WalMart .

My guess...blow mold's are on the way out and inflatable's are gaining in popularity. At least when it comes to storage inflatable's take up A LOT less room.

At Kmart there was a grand variety of blow up's .At least 10 ,but there were only 2 different blow mold's.

THis year is worse then ever well at least at Walmart and Kmart. They used to have the nativities in the past now they dont. As far as some of your leading stores across the country they are returning some blomolds like Menards, Ace Hardware etc. I honestly think blowups will be dieing down in the future and i project that blowmolds are actually making a comeback. This year there was new remakes of old halloween molds and they blew out the door here at our local menards. I think in couple of years you might see more blowmolds on the shelf but who knows. Just keep your fingers crossed :D

To tell the truth i hate inflatiblas lol evertime i see alot of them i just cringe i think there tacky but thats just me. Blowmolds last for years they dont and then they fall over and loose air and look stupid lol :cool:

I don't mean to be a nag but be careful how you express your opinion. (I share this as someone who has put his foot in his mouth more than once!) Some 'molders are also puffers! I'm not too crazy about inflatables either but some folks like them and a lot of PCers use them in their displays. Some of those folks feel offended if you say inflatables look stupid.

TED

at my home we call blow ups "puffies" no PUFFIES at our house!! but hey if you like them more power to ya!! atleast youd be putting something out for a display!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Puffies for the Puffers! :D

TED

oK I TAKE THAT BACK THERE NOT STUPID LOL UNLESS YOU LEAVE THEM LAY ON THE GROUND WITH NO AIR MORE THEN A DAY LOL . THAT IS WHAT REALLY BOTHERS ME WHEN I SEE THEM JUST FLAT AS A PANCAKE . LOL OUTHERISE THEY LOOK GOOD. SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT TAKE CARE OF THEM THO THATS MY ISSUE WITH (PUFFIES) LOL

I was told the shipping is what kill blow molds. Hey, it just make them more special. Everyone has inflatables. I have about 75 blowmolds and I try not to have copies, more than one snowman okay, but too many Santas! I heard that a U>S> company was buying up the molds and planned to make them here. Hope so.

P.s. Great to find this site and forum. We may be a little crazy, but in a good way! Have a graet christmas everyone!

Hi Rugerx,

Welcome to PC!

This site has a lot of info on what happened to the different companies.

It is owned by a PC memeber- Bear-Bear the Trucker

http://blowmoldsrus.webs.com/

This should answer many of your questions.

-Jim

And I see one of my pictures being used while crediting someone else???

This is my basement, couch edge, credited to someone else :(

http://blowmoldsrus.webs.com/general%20foam%2011-piece%20nativity%20set_by%20shawn%20johnson.jpg

I tried sending an E-mail

It bounced back as undeliverable

If it was pulled off the Internet then why credit a specific person if it is not that person's picture?

Not a huge issue, but if picture is unknown it should state that

Usually you only run into a problem with copyrighted material or with photographers

We would love to hear from you. You can contact us @ [email protected]

The original message was received at Thu, 6 Nov 2008 21:58:33 -0600 from vms044pub.verizon.net [206.46.252.44]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <[email protected]>

(reason: 553 5.3.0 <[email protected]>... Invalid Rcpt - Sender is <[email protected]>)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to localhost:

>>> DATA

<<< 553 5.3.0 <[email protected]>... Invalid Rcpt - Sender is <[email protected]> 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown <<< 503 Need RCPT (recipient)

Edited by David Balch

I'm not upset, just stating a fact

I know photographers who are very protective of their work

I know how hard it is to put a web-site together & keep everything updated

I actually have unknown photographs on my site from when I 1st set it up

Most of them are the pic I have of the item when purchased

I've been slowly weeding them out & replacing with my own pics

Edited by David Balch

I just sent him another email im sure he will change it. Its my fault prob . I should not have sent it with all the one i took of mine. I told him to put your name on it. ;) I usually send page after page of blowmolds to him that i have taken of mine and well it does get overwhelming im sure . NOw go get those lights up lol

Yeah, I have a ton of pictures myself. It's hard to keep them all straight. I can't wait to get the garage setup & have a place to pull the molds out & take decent pictures

My setup won't be for another 2 weeks maybe

I'm heading to Somerville today to help someone else setup