Displays in VA

I have my little display here in east Henrico, only 44,000 lights and 128 lor channels. "Corner of Lights". I don't post to often and sometimes I miss stuff. I'm on tacky tour no limos make it out this way. we did give out over 700 candy canes this year though. up from 300 last year.

James

I visited JD Harrington's display in Stafford on Monday night. He has an excellent display. He has really done a good job syncing his lights for his first year doing a light display. He has spent the past year getting things done. When he showed some of his work at our Virginia mini last May we were impressed with his accomplishments.

Good job JD.

Andy

I have my little display here in east Henrico, only 44,000 lights and 128 lor channels. "Corner of Lights". I don't post to often and sometimes I miss stuff. I'm on tacky tour no limos make it out this way. we did give out over 700 candy canes this year though. up from 300 last year.

James

James - When are you shutting down? I rarely make it to the east end displays (a victim of the fact that the west end ones are all convinently so close together... :-\) but depending on when you're taking down I might slide out when I get back from out of town this weekend... Glad this year you seemed to have alot more visits though.

James - When are you shutting down? I rarely make it to the east end displays (a victim of the fact that the west end ones are all convinently so close together... :-\) but depending on when you're taking down I might slide out when I get back from out of town this weekend... Glad this year you seemed to have alot more visits though.

Our last night was New Years Eve. Wife and I did a huge tear down yesterday, Mostly only lights on trees remain. We were quite busy this year compared to last. We had a whole bunch of church vans. The Richmond Times Dispatch also did a short snippit of our lights on Thanksgiving Day. We are also planning to add green to our display this year. I also read somewhere you go to one of the local colleges I work for U of R " Go Spiders".

James

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be really cool to somehow put together a statewide list of displays. Anyone interested?

Hi all.

My name is Robert, my wife son and I have decided to decorate the yard in 2009 with a few lights.

We live in Central Va. Dillwyn.

Planning on getting LOR 32 channels (or more). We have a lot of ideas that we will work through, but will do it as a family.

• 4 weeks later...

Lightitup,

I'm so sorry to hear that sad news. My prayers are with you your daughter and family. Andy visited my display this year and we talked about another mini. We had a great time, and by the number of posts from VA I think we could get quite a crowd together. I want to do a demonstration on set up and fabrication of my leaping deer wire frames. Andy's wife got a kick out of them when they visited. Anyhow, good to see you posting and lets start planning for a VA mini.

Lightitup,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Was wondering if you were still on the boards. We will have another mini this year. If anyone else would like to host it they are welcome to do so. If not we can have it at the same location we used last year near Culpeper. We had plenty of room there for doing things. In March we will have to start looking at potential dates.

Andy

Welcome

I checked out your photo album on your profile page VERY Impressive. The wrapped trees were absolutely awesome. I hope you will join us when we get around to putting together another mini. We had a great time last year.

Welcome,

Welcome to Planet Christmas. Hope you will visit often and join in on the discussions.

I will echo Bill V comments about hoping you can join us at the mini this Spring. You are less than two hours away from where we held it last year. Look forward to meeting you at this year's mini.

Andy

Thanks for the compliments. We are the display in the west end of Henrico county about 3 miles of of I-64( 9604 & 9606 Asbury Court). My wife and I are very interested in the get together. I guess I need to do a introduce my self post here some where on Planet Christmas but not sure where it should be done. I am still learning my way around this forum.

• 3 months later...

I'm another who lost my identity in one of the PC upgrades.

If you all are still collecting, my display lights up every year on Thanksgiving evening. I'm in Fredericksburg, right off I-95 behind the mall.

As for the required "brag" about my display:

~ I always lose count on the lights about the time the display is half up.

~ I have 32 channels of LOR still in their boxes on the guest room closet floor.

~ I have more blowmolds than I can light even with my expanded electrical capacity.

~ I still don't have anything on my roof.

~ I still don't have the Ramsey transmitter up and running.

~ Despite being one of the more expansive displays in the area, I have yet to be mentioned in the newspaper. (Was told by a photographer friend that the "diss" was due mostly to the fact that it covers 3 sides of my house and there's no way to get one good still photograph of it and still see anything other than a blurry orb.)

Despite all that, my display is lit as soon as folks are walking off their Thanksgiving dinner and planning their Black Friday assaults. I turn it off New Years Day or the following Sunday night if that falls on a weekend. All are welcome to drive by; there are plenty of lookers but not enough to cause any traffic problems.