What kind of DC plugs do you use?

I am working on a project that is going to be using the LOR DC controller. I want to be able to make a quick disconnect for the DC based lights and trying to figure out what kind of connector I want to use.

Right now I am leaning toward the Tamiya plug that is popular in the RC Hobby since they are pretty cheap and easy to use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320313754393

What have others used?

I'm using banks of 3 RGB lights (3 channels per bank) so I wanted one connector for the whole bank. I ended up using 9-pin serial connectors purchased from All Electronics -- something like 30 cents each, plus another 30 cents for the 'hood'. I only need to use 6 of the 9 pins, obviously.

-Tim

So far I'm using these at the link below. They are $1.00 a piece when you buy 100, and I did thinking I would use them. The more I studied things however I wanted to be able to plug multiple things into the same DC channel.

If you are doing one-for-one you are OK. Once you want to do multiple items per channel the easy part is gone. I like your idea however as the connectors are much cheaper.

I also thought about using ends from old mini strings "AC" as they have male/female ends but as Tim already pointed out this could be dangerous mixing AC connectors with DC lights.

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/CON-320/2-CONDUCTOR-WATERPROOF-CONNECTORS-18-AWG/-/1.html

If I want to plug multiple things into the same channels in the future, I figure I'd just make up some 'Y' cables, or just add more "output connectors" (sharing channels) to the controller box...

-Tim

That is what I figured I would do.

I was thinking also that where I wanted a light, I would just cut the wire and splice in the plug.