How do you make it look good in the daytime as well!?!?

Ok, So I know most of you probably have the same problem, How do you make everything look decent in the daytime as well!? lol , I know its never gonna look good with that many cords going EVERYWHERE! lol ... But thought it would be neat to see what everyone did to make it look "not so messy" :) My husbands family owns a buisness right across the street from where we live and although the night lights are whats most important to us I would also kinda like it to look nice in the daytime :D

I use pine garland to hide the wires on some of my lights. I use white wire lights and cords aginst white painted areas. I use black, green, brown and tan cords depending on their surroundings. I personally dislike the orange cords although I do use a few royal blue cords they are hidden by leaves and rocks.

Jeffrey - How do you get all of those c-9 bulbs to look so straight? Can you post a few close ups or describe how you did it?

-Chris

I'll get a couple pictures tomorrow when it's light out but yep, gutter/shingle/universal clips(from Target btw). 1,100 of them to be almost exact. ;)

And the way I did it was to start at the end of September and work slowly. You can only do soo many clips in one session before you get tired/frustrated/bloody knuckles. I'd like to say I didn't enjoy doing it, but in a sick way I did. ;)

I'll get those pictures tomorrow.

-Jeff

OSH and Lowes both have green cords. Or go all out and cover the yard with fake snow.

Ummm fake snow or another controller. Green cords look fine.

Fake snow? It's 26 degree's here. I'm hoping the real snow holds off for a few more days so I can get all the cords off the ground. The plan is to put small wire supports every few feet so I don't have to search and chip through 4' of ice like last year.

I place a huge sign at the start of my street and it reads: PLEASE CLOSE YOUR EYES FOR THE NEXT 2 MINUTES DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS. THANK YOU

LOL

Great Idea! I try not to think about what the yard looks like during daylight hours but am reminded daily by the wife......

We use all cords. Since people view from the closest point of yard of 30 feet away its hard to see at night and even druing the day. The grass is cut 1 final time before stuff is put out and its 1.5" tall. This hides the cord nicely in my yard. You might be able to see a little when the cord is first put out because its not exactly flat from being wrapped/coiled but give it a week and all is good.

Jeffrey - How do you get all of those c-9 bulbs to look so straight? Can you post a few close ups or describe how you did it?

-Chris

I found a good way to hang my c9s a few years ago. The clips wouldn't work with my gutter screens, so I had to remove and reinstall them every season. I got tired of this, so a few years ago, I simply drilled holes in the straight down into the top lip of my gutters and hung the lights using the built in clips on the c9s. They sit perfectly straight, don't move in the wind, and install easily in minutes. The holes don't matter because they are on top and the water that goes through them drains right into the gutter, and the hole doesn't hurt them structurally either. I should say at this point that I'm a home improvement contractor and have installed tens of thousands of feet of gutter over the last 30 years.

Ok, So I know most of you probably have the same problem, How do you make everything look decent in the daytime as well!? lol , I know its never gonna look good with that many cords going EVERYWHERE! lol ... But thought it would be neat to see what everyone did to make it look "not so messy" :) My husbands family owns a buisness right across the street from where we live and although the night lights are whats most important to us I would also kinda like it to look nice in the daytime :D

Nothing else you can do but make sure everything is neat and orderly.

I hate to say it, but in past years I really ran wires everywhere. Well you know everytime you open a new package of lights you get a huge twist tie. Every extension cord, another huge twist tie. Well I cut the twist ties in half, now I have twice as many still huge twist ties. Run your extension cords parallel as possible then bundle them up using those twist ties.

I have flood lights on my front fascia, I tried for the first time, to conceal the hanging cords and I am suprised I never thought of this before. The metal eave drip has just the right tension and spring to tuck up the cords. No more wildly hanging wires off the house, all are tucked and bundled and I am impressed, it is so much neater looking during the day.

I'd say the overall idea is a LOR or AL display uses a mouintain of extension cords, try to work the goal of making these as invisible as possible and you will have achieved what you desire.

The plan is to put small wire supports every few feet so I don't have to search and chip through 4' of ice like last year.

I've decorated up here since 1996 to some degree or another, and never have seen anything like last year. I'm crossing my fingers that it was a fluke, and will be another decade before anything that nasty happens again... :(

-Tim