Good Grief, is it COLD!

I'm trying to finish up setup (actually I'm nowhere NEAR finishing), and the wind is so cold that I keep having to duck inside to warm up. I haven't needed a winter hat to cover my ears in 10 years...so of course, I can't find the blasted thing!

Typing seems to warm up my blue hands...

Kristal,

You must be getting the wind we had yesterday in the Culpeper area. It was sunny and calm here this morning. After the sun went behind some clouds about 4 this afternoon it started getting chilly. It was a good day to get things set out. Friday was way too windy and cold for me. Hopefully you will get some of the sunny weather on Sunday.

Andy

Kristal,

You must be getting the wind we had yesterday in the Culpeper area. It was sunny and calm here this morning. After the sun went behind some clouds about 4 this afternoon it started getting chilly. It was a good day to get things set out. Friday was way too windy and cold for me. Hopefully you will get some of the sunny weather on Sunday.

Andy

Send me a nice day, please. :) I've lost a weekend to rain, a weekend to work, and a day to cold. I'm going to have to start setiing up in September!

It's also freezzzzing here in NH, I usually have my display done by now (or close to it) but due to a back injury I am weeks behind. Now I know why I start hanging the lights as soon as Halloween is over, won't make this mistake again next year. Weather looks pretty lousy too for this week - cold and wet.

I don't see any real "data" about how cold it is. Thursday it was 6 degrees and 30 mph winds. Making a wind chill of -11. I checked and it was just at freezing or above in some of your spots. I just keep thinking that when I take this down on New Years it could easily by -15 like it was last year.

Oh, it was balmy yesterday. It got up to 34 and the wind was light. Worked most of the day without gloves.

I don't see any real "data" about how cold it is. Thursday it was 6 degrees and 30 mph winds. Making a wind chill of -11. I checked and it was just at freezing or above in some of your spots. I just keep thinking that when I take this down on New Years it could easily by -15 like it was last year.

Oh, it was balmy yesterday. It got up to 34 and the wind was light. Worked most of the day without gloves.

Wind chill is one of the things we rarely have to deal with in Richmond, Even when the typical March winds come through, they aren't like the last week or so has been in Richmond. These last few days have definitely reminded me of home (Buffalo, NY) with the cutting winds that blow continually off of Lake Erie (bringing all of that wonderful lake effect snow!).

Living down here is much different. Richmond just doesn't usually get this windy (=experiencing wind chill), and usually doesn't get anywhere near this cold in November. This is more like January temperature for us, and even then, it doesn't stay this cold for this long.

I hadn't used my cold weather gear for several years, so I donated it all...and am I regretting it now!:(

I actually moved to VA in the first place because I hated being cold from September to June! Growing up, I remember trick-or-treating in my snowsuit several times. :)

If I still lived in Buffalo, there is no way I would light up to this extent if I had to deal with the temperatures that you do...unless I started hanging lights in, say, AUGUST. :D

I know what you mean. I went to the illuminate parade in Norfolk on saturday. I had on some of my Army Thermals called PolPro which work wonders and I was still a little cold towards the end. Keep in mind I sleep with the window by my bed open and a fan blowing in the cold air with just a sheet during the winter. It shouldnt be this cold yet down here in Va. I dont know how you people up north do it.