Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
selahangel

Casting Crowns - I Heard the Bells...

send me your email address and I will send the sequence. I don't have a video but if you have Holiday Soft 4 I can send you my file to show you my house on that. Then you will have a better idea of how it looks.

Angel

i would love to have that sequence! please send it to me!

my favorite new song the ast 2 years has been i heard the bells, by Mercy Me

Thanks,

Chris

Wow...

I know this is a old post. My daughter bugged me about doing this song (Casting Crowns - I Heard The Bells On Christmas Morning). I had not heard the song before until she gave me the cd for Christmas. After listening to it a couple of times, I dived into the chart. Now I can't walk away from it. I am literally tearing down my display tomorrow. It would be a great surprise if I threw this chart on for New Year's eve for my daughter. I am about halfway through the chart now and things look pretty good...but just don't see finishing it before then. Anyone have this chart done? I would love a copy. My email address is kd4ydc at bellsouth dot net.

Well...

Guess the Lord was trying to tell me something ;-) I just finished the sequence about an hour ago. I will get it uploaded here as soon as I zip it and my house .jpg up.

176 channels

24 channel mega tree with White, Red, Green...8 channels per

16 mini trees with white, red and green

4 arches - 8 channels per

7 snowflakes (chase type...)

RGB spotlights

gutters

bushes (Christmas trees in my case)

couple of Holdman trees with a North pole in the mix

Sequence is up on the Ultrashow site for download. Nice song to end the season with. Ran the song for only one night. Will be doing this song again for next year.

This is a really great sequence. You really complimented the beauty of the music with the lights. "From night to day" and the lights changed from red to green...

Really wonderfully done!

Love the video Robert,,, Wish I had some notice so I could have came by and seen it in person :-(

Well I guess I will get to see it next year. Did you get a chance to look over "Gloria" yet?

Love the video Robert,,, Wish I had some notice so I could have came by and seen it in person :-(

Well I guess I will get to see it next year. Did you get a chance to look over "Gloria" yet?

I didn't get it finished until New Year's Eve...so it wasn't in when you came by. Have not seen Gloria yet. I have not seen Gloria yet. Did you send it to me...or have a video of it yet???

I didn't get it finished until New Year's Eve...so it wasn't in when you came by. Have not seen Gloria yet. I have not seen Gloria yet. Did you send it to me...or have a video of it yet???

I thought I had emailed the file to you but I don't see it in my sent items so I will email it now... It is an Aurora File..... I am going to video my Show this weekend, still doing a little cleanup on some sequences and I added another song tonight to start in tomorrow nights show.

Show list now is

Gloria

Wizards of Winter

Wish Liszt

Music Box Dancer

Jingle Bells Techno

Thanks. As you see by the date, I really only played it one night. Looking forward to putting it in this coming Christmas as well. The chart is really inspirational. Thinking about emailing "Casting Crowns" since they are just down the road by about 20 minutes or so. That would be a hoot to have them over! Never will happen...but would be neat ;-)

Robert,

it never hurts to ask- I knew the guys when they were still in Daytona Beach (Mark Hall- the lead vocalist was the Youth Minister at First Baptist Daytona Beach and the rest of the group volunteered in the youth ministry there) and the whole time that things were starting to roll they remained the same guys (and ladies). Just good folks!

Oh that would be so cool. My teenage daughters would freak! Don't think they have seen them in concert, but have been to several youth conferences with many a Contemp Christian groups there. I think the last one was "Passion" in Atlanta. Real big one :-) Brings back memories of my youth group concert outings. Blessings I will never forget.

Just also made me remember...had a band parent (am a band director by trade) thank me for my "Go Fish" stuff I had in the show. Apparently they went to the church the guys went to a while back. Said that when "Joy To The World" came on, the whole van erupted with screams. Christmas Light Concert :-)