I keep getting logged off when I following a link to another site. When I come back to PC I have been logged off. Why does this happen. I usually have to log in several times just to finish reading new posts. I can understand an automatic logoff after a period like 30 minutes of inactivity, but after 5 minutes or whatever it currently is does not seem correct. Is there a way that I can control this or is there something I have doing wrong that is triggering this? Help please, this is very annoying.

Yes, be sure to check the "remember me" box under where you type your password. If you've recently deleted your cookies this will cancel the "remember me" and you will have to enter your apssword again.

I think you are logged out once you close your browser automatically.

Also, if you follow links within PC, remember to type 'forums' in front of the '.planetchristmas.com' in the address bar in place of whatever is already there (that will keep you logged in if you set the 'remember me' box previously). I hope that makes sense.....example, if you follow a link in Jason Rose's signature, replace the word 'talk' with 'forum' and it will keep the cookie relevant to the new page. Kind of tedious to do it that way but it works.

I was not checking the remember me box since I have a password manager to remember my password, but I checked it tonight and so far I have not had to log in again. When I follow a link to a video and watch it they open in another tab so the PC forums tab never closes or gets transferred out of, which is why I do not understand why I was getting logged of. True it did not have focus for awhile, but it was never closed. Anyhow, so far so good tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

I seriously HATE that automatically logoff thing...you don't even need to follow

links outside of PC...just let it sit for a few minutes while reading posts (and many

times it doesn't even give enough time to type up a reply).

Seriously it should be set to AT LEAST 30 minutes that way you can step away

from the computer & use the bathroom -or- view another website -or- whatever

and not have to log in again...and again...and...

Really is there a way this can be fixed?

I'm using Mozilla Firefox...I did not check the 'remember me' (and would prefer not to...but may

just have to ... i really hate that logoff "feature" LOL the mods should disable it altogether)

Granted I don't understand why it times out like that, but I also don't understand why you don't want it to keep you logged in. Your computer tracks cookies no matter where you go online, it's rare that you actually get to choose one like with these forums.

Granted I don't understand why it times out like that, but I also don't understand why you don't want it to keep you logged in. Your computer tracks cookies no matter where you go online, it's rare that you actually get to choose one like with these forums.

LOL just paranoid i never check the 'remember' thingie on any site that needs a login

even tho i'm the only one that uses my computer.

As far as cookies - thats one of the many reasons i use Mozilla...you can selectively allow

sites to set them...and i allow very few - only where its truly needed. (plus i block allot of

other stuff via other means)