My airblown Santa's Toy Town and Christmas Village

Airblown inflatables are beginning to catch on in my neighborhood. Early this month I put out my displays hoping to get some excitement in our neighborhood when no one was putting anything out at all. Sevral people have driven by our house to take pictures and chat with me wanting to know where did i buy the inflatables. Several folks have said they will do inflatables next christmas and want my input. Yesterday while driving around the neighborhood notice several homes had gemmy inflatables in the yard. Could it be that i've started a new trend in my neighborhood?

I have noticed the same thing in our neighborhood. But I had a lot to do with more people decorating.

I noticed no one was decorating except one person in our neighborhood. So I sorta got this idea from Richard Holdman, with his Pass along Santa idea. I started my own Christmas Decorating contest for my street. I offered 4 awards: Best Nighttime Decoration, Besty Daytime decoration, Best Mailbox decoration, and Best Religious theme. I gave the winners Lighted yard art decorations to add for the following year as prizes. I got them all at 50% off, so it was inexpensive. The "winner signs cost more than the prizes! Each one had theirs signs up in their yard bright and early the next morning.

I had 8 neighbors decorate. all of them loved the idea, and of those who won, all told me they were going to do more next year. So I'm expecting our street to look really nice for next year.

We had lots of folks taking photos and videos of our light show and several wanting to know more details on how we did it. It has been very rewarding to talk to everyone that we can, and they all are so appreciative of the light show. Some even offered money even though we didn't ask for it.

So I think we all do something very good for the community by doing this. and it is amazing how the good will spreads....

Ithought I would share these pics with fellow members. This years displays is an attraction for our neighborhood. There's hardly anyone putting up decorations in our neighborhood so i did this hope to generate some excitement.

Looks great! I like the airblown "figures" but here in Montana with our weather they don't work so great. To cold, to much snow, wind etc. I opt for blowmolds myself since they stand up a alot better for my area. Otherwise I would have a ton of airblowns. =)

I have noticed the same thing in our neighborhood. But I had a lot to do with more people decorating.

I noticed no one was decorating except one person in our neighborhood. So I sorta got this idea from Richard Holdman, with his Pass along Santa idea. I started my own Christmas Decorating contest for my street. I offered 4 awards: Best Nighttime Decoration, Besty Daytime decoration, Best Mailbox decoration, and Best Religious theme. I gave the winners Lighted yard art decorations to add for the following year as prizes. I got them all at 50% off, so it was inexpensive. The "winner signs cost more than the prizes! Each one had theirs signs up in their yard bright and early the next morning.

I had 8 neighbors decorate. all of them loved the idea, and of those who won, all told me they were going to do more next year. So I'm expecting our street to look really nice for next year.

We had lots of folks taking photos and videos of our light show and several wanting to know more details on how we did it. It has been very rewarding to talk to everyone that we can, and they all are so appreciative of the light show. Some even offered money even though we didn't ask for it.

So I think we all do something very good for the community by doing this. and it is amazing how the good will spreads....

That is a fantastic idea. Not to many on my block decorated this year. I should try this idea sometime. =)

• 11 months later...

Your setup looks very nice.I love the reindeer barn & santas workshop.

I love the inflatables too.I decided to not use any this year because of the rains & high winds.My 12' santa took a split to the face last year.I also have the 12' hot air balloon that needs repair.The bad thing about inflatables is they are not durable enough for weather conditions.I would probably buy more if the product would be better made.

• 1 month later...