Cdi pre order sale '09

paul sessel

The light strings are priced individualy also and they are not sold as such. As stated Case lots only. I think Paul breaks down the price on a per unit basis for easier comparison for people.

Huh?

I am sorry but that really doesn't make sense?

If you are only going to sell them by the case and/or per 100 there would be no need to put the pre-sale and normal season price per bulb both. If they are there for comparison, then wouldn't it make more sense to just to put the pre-sale and normal season price by the case or per 100 so there isn't any confusion?

I know if I only needed 25-50 bulbs (which I don't, just saying) and I was forced to buy them by the 100s I think I would look at other options. That would mean for Paul that is lost sales and I don't think that is what he wants.

Paul, can you clear this up, can you buy them individually? Another example is if I just needed to buy replacements to fix some bulbs that were out and if I had to buy 100 just to get 10 I would look at other options. IMO, I don't think he would force you buy by the lot. I think if you buy them by the case and/or per 100 you get a price back where if you bought them in broken cases or individual you will pay a little more. That is how I understand it and what I would do.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really interested in the LED C9 Strobes.

One thing that has not been addressed yet is the timing on the blinks. If I put 50 of these C9 strobes on a strand and give them power, are the going to blink different than each other?

I could see an issue where if they all used some electronic circuit where they are programmed to blink every .348 seconds. What would happen is if you apply power to the strand, each strobe will be exactly in sync with each other. If they are all in sync, they will all flash off and on at the same time instead of giving them all a twinkle look which we are use to and I think will look better.

Edited by RichardH

So is there a code we need to use to get the pre-order pricing, or do we just phone it in?

Also, just to be clear:

I have SPT1 wire and use the vampire plugs from ActionLighting. I can use those same vampire plugs on the SPT3 ZIPCORD?

Edited by brianfox

I am really interested in the LED C9 Strobes.

One thing that has not been addressed yet is the timing on the blinks. If I put 50 of these C9 strobes on a strand and give them power, are the going to blink different than each other?

I could see an issue where if they all used some electronic circuit where they are programmed to blink every .348 seconds. What would happen is if you apply power to the strand, each strobe will be exactly in sync with each other. If they are all in sync, they will all flash off and on at the same time instead of giving them all a twinkle look which we are use to and I think will look better.

Hi RichardH,

Even though all of the bulbs would have the same values for the electronics. There are tolerances in those componets and after just a few cycles you would notice that all of the bulbs are not flashing at the same time. I am fairly sure to say that yes at first they would flash at the same time for the difference would be so small (read milli seconds) that you would not be able to detect it. Also from what I read, the flashes are from 2-3 per second.

hope this helps

Max

Hi RichardH,

Even though all of the bulbs would have the same values for the electronics. There are tolerances in those componets and after just a few cycles you would notice that all of the bulbs are not flashing at the same time. I am fairly sure to say that yes at first they would flash at the same time for the difference would be so small (read milli seconds) that you would not be able to detect it. Also from what I read, the flashes are from 2-3 per second.

hope this helps

Max

Yep Max is correct, your talking milliseconds at first which the eye wont detect very easily. I guess though since the cap's hold charge for a while and they have been tested you would'nt see that happen to often.

My concern with LED Strobes is the brightness. anyway we can get the specs per LED on the strobes, at least the Luminous Intensity? Just curios because I need some strobes for next year.

Thanks,

Ted

I also read they were 2-3 seconds, but I also think I remember reading they were only 1 watt compared to Darryls which I think are 7 or 15 watts?

So I am also curious with the last post about the brightness and the cost of these. I think the price was listed but overlooked it, but I am not sure this would be one of those cases were LED wouldn't be cheaper since they are on just for a short time.

Guest Jeff_Womack

I think the price was listed but overlooked it, but I am not sure this would be one of those cases were LED wouldn't be cheaper since they are on just for a short time.

Darryl's Strobes = Best Price = $6 and 5 watts per strobe.

Paul's Strobes = $3.75 and 1 watt per strobe.

I think the $2.25 savings and 4 watts per strobe (thinking of having 100 next year so that is 4 amps +/-) definitely make LEDs cheaper in both ways. :P

I think the $2.25 savings and 4 watts per strobe (thinking of having 100 next year so that is 4 amps +/-) definitely make LEDs cheaper in both ways. :P

Yea I guess price wise they would be cheaper, but is it one of those cases where you get what you pay for? Are these going to be as bright as the 5 watts? I think I remember reading the strobes having 10 LEDs per strobe. The LEDs make up in the power savings, but are they going to make up in intensity are these going be on the same level of a 5 watt strobe? If so then they would definitely be worth it.

I know for me power draw isn't all that much of a issue for me since even at 5 watts with 50 strobes they are not all on at the same time and are only on for a few seconds at any given time. My biggest concern is the intensity and performance of the strobe.

Ok, It has been implied by some that they are multi-LED bulbs and full wave, but this isn't written and hasn't been confirmed by Paul in this thread yet.

These are the Minleon lamps with 3 LED's in the C7 and 5 LEd's in the C-9. I have not personally tested them but one of our other dealers has and I also think Dan at LOR has tested them. He was the one that worked with Minleon to get the bulbs right.

IN the past, these screw-in C9 replacement bulbs were never considered approved for use with LOR (i.e. non-dimmable) ... but some technology (not specified) in these will allow them to be used with LOR, correct?

Scott,

This very thread (Paul) addressed the issue on the Retrofit C-7 and C-9 bulbs.

So is there a code we need to use to get the pre-order pricing, or do we just phone it in?

Also, just to be clear:

I have SPT1 wire and use the vampire plugs from ActionLighting. I can use those same vampire plugs on the SPT3 ZIPCORD?

Yes. I have used over 6000 feet of Paul's SPT3 wire with vampire plugs & sockets from Action, CDI and Novelty Lights. (Although at .48 ea, Paul has the best price - I'll be ordering 300 more of the males and 300 more females next month) The SPT3 is the same size as ordinary SPT1

Edited by JBullard

On 12/24 Paul wrote:

I just got the samples (C-7, C-9 retro LED's) in yesterday. They have been on LOR since and working great.

I wouldn't call a two day stress test proof that the C-9 retro's are LOR verified. It's good sign, but my understanding is the other retro's (in the past) also worked, but just died early and often ... i.e. didn't last all that long.

So I was kind of hoping for a verification and some long term testing, that I haven't seen documented here yet. I mean, these are a LOT of money ... so buying them every year isn't an option.

Just remember, watts are the electric power consumed. Has nothing to do with brightness. And the LED strobes should be more durable then standard strobes and not as subject to failure due to condensation as the regular strobes (even after drilling the cases)

Edited by JBullard
spelling

Guest Jeff_Womack

Just remember, watts are the electric power consumed. Has nothing to do with brightness. And the LED strobes should be more durable then standard strobes and not as subject to failure due to condensation as the regular strobes (even after drilling the cases)

Henceforth why I didn't say anything about brightness John. Just pointing out the lack of logic in the previous post that inferred that the LED strobes were somehow more expensive when the initial cost is lower and so is the running cost.

Henceforth why I didn't say anything about brightness John. Just pointing out the lack of logic in the previous post that inferred that the LED strobes were somehow more expensive when the initial cost is lower and so is the running cost.

lol I agree with you 100% Jeff. And I guess I was also pointing out (for the benefit of the lack of knowledge also in one of the previous posts (not yours) that wattage has nothing to do with brightness.

Looking back at my post, I see that I left off typing part of what I was thinking in support of your post, and only typed part of what was in my feeble head. :) May I ask your forgiveness, Jeff. and thanks for calling my attention to my oversight.

Guest Jeff_Womack

Oh no JOhn, you can ask a lot of people around hre, the feebleness is in MY head! :) I leave the brightness and the high level stuff to the geeks. I stick the the easy facts like wattage, amperage and initial cost! Things I can figure out! That being said, I do hope they are pretty bright, but at $3.75 a piece, I'll just buy more with my savings and make up for it in shear numbers!

Yes. I have used over 6000 feet of Paul's SPT3 wire with vampire plugs & sockets from Action, CDI and Novelty Lights. (Although at .48 ea, Paul has the best price - I'll be ordering 300 more of the males and 300 more females next month) The SPT3 is the same size as ordinary SPT1

What's the power max across SPT3 wire?

Very true, watts are the electric power consumed, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are less bright or the intensity isn't has much as a 5 watt incandescent just because they are a 1 watt LED. That is what I am concerned with. Are these LED strobes as bright as the 5 watt strobes? If you can get the same lumens out of a 1 watt LED strobe as you can with a 5 watt incandescent strobe then the money is well spent and they have some value.

I run 50 of Darryl's strobes in my tree but that is only consuming 2 amps total for them all, but those amps are figured if all are on and they are bright. I would like to add some to my bushes, house, lawn. So if these LED strobes can compare then I will purchase those, otherwise I will stay to what is proven for me. Condensation is not a problem for me.