Cdi pre order sale '09

paul sessel

I'm having trouble with the pricing on the C-9's... I am seeing retro-fit C9's that are DIMMABLE, pre-order price of $.90 ea, or $90/case of 100. If my math is correct- for a standard string of 25 ct C9's- that would be $22.50 per string. That's VERY expensive, compared to just buying new strings completely. Am I missing something here?

Also- how bright are the LED strobes compared to the old standard strobes?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darryl's Strobes = Best Price = $6 and 5 watts per strobe.

Paul's Strobes = $3.75 and 1 watt per strobe.

I think the $2.25 savings and 4 watts per strobe (thinking of having 100 next year so that is 4 amps +/-) definitely make LEDs cheaper in both ways. :P

but. . . My strobes react differently than Darryl's. His is an instant on, LED's have a slight pause depending on the charge. His flash 4-5 times a second (I'm told), mine 2-3 times a second.

Count me out on this sale. Too many unanswered questions. :mad:

Scott,

Since the '09 presale is from the Holiday Creation's factory, the same one Paul used in '05, '06 and '07, I know the quality of the strings. I bought them in '06 and '07.

I'm very pleased Paul is using the old factory again. Excellent Quality. Plays extremely well with LOR (Yes, '08 was very challenging for many of us)

Thanks.

Paul, I was just feeling like you were ignoring my questions, but maybe you didn't see them. Thats the problem with these boards, is you can perceive things very incorrectly.

I was just wondering how much confidence you have that your dimmable C9(s) will hold up under LOR use, since these appear to be retro-fit products (screw in bulbs?) ... and those historically haven't had long lifespans when used with products like LOR.

I'm just looking for some assurances (and so are others) that the new C9 dimmable product is in fact somewhat proven ... since the cost is quite high. I know your other products, like the LED C6s have been awesome.

I also had asked for some specs on the dimmable C9s ... like whats the wattage per bulb and how many LED(s) per bulb, etc.

Thanks,

Scott

I was just wondering how much confidence you have that your dimmable C9(s) will hold up under LOR use, since these appear to be retro-fit products (screw in bulbs?) ... and those historically haven't had long lifespans when used with products like LOR.

I'm just looking for some assurances (and so are others) that the new C9 dimmable product is in fact somewhat proven ... since the cost is quite high. I know your other products, like the LED C6s have been awesome.

I agree, I am a little skeptical as well as 1-2 days on LOR isn't really enough time to burn them in enough to get an accurate account if these will work.

What kind of testing have these gone through and how long were they tested for constantly. I know with other companies they worked well for a couple of days, but once they were burned in they started seeing failures.

If we can get some test results like a few hours of them in use dimming constantly, as well as twinkle, shimmer at a constant rate for a constant amount of time without failure then I will be in because I highly need some LED C9s to do what I am needing next year to save me money on other areas and be confidant in making a purchase.

I am like Scott, I would hate to spend this much on them for them to fail a week into use.

Thanks.

Paul, I was just feeling like you were ignoring my questions, but maybe you didn't see them. Thats the problem with these boards, is you can perceive things very incorrectly.

I also had asked for some specs on the dimmable C9s ... like whats the wattage per bulb and how many LED(s) per bulb, etc.

Thanks,

Scott

I have a lot of confidence in the manufacturer. I have been buying his products for 4 years now. Many dealers like myself asked him last year to come up with a bulb that would work with controllers like LOR. He worked with Dan at LOR to come up with this product. One of our dealers on the West coast has been testing it for months now. I just got my samples in last week and have had them on LOR since then - no problems. The wattage is about 1 watt per bulb. There are 3 LED's in the C-7 and 5 LED's in the C-9.

I'm at home now so I don't have specifics but. . . I think they are 4". I'm buying them from Holiday Creations this year and I think the spec's are 4 X 4 X 4.

paul if they are like the late year 2008 Diogens they have a VERY short cord on them!! but are great lights! they actually changed the rectifier blob in late 08 to a smaller unit than the 2007 early 2008 lights had. and made them a bit brighter! if you liked the 07s youll love the 09s!!

Jim

Paul: Thanks for the 2009 LED sale. I purchased the 2007 LED's and they have been working great. I am considering the return of the 2008 defective LED's.

If I return them will I receive replacement lights from the same factory

and will they be better and most of all safe. Is there any way I can return the 2008

LED's and use the credit towards the 2009 sale? Not real sure if I want to take

a chance with the same product that was shipped in 2008.

Harbs

Harbs, buried in a thread somewhere, Paul indicated that the replacement strings will be the newly designed strings from this years manufacturer. The pre-order sales are coming from the 2007 factory. Since they are different manufactures, I doubt one will offer a credit for the others product. Here is a thread on the upgraded strings. Not perfect but none have burst into flames either.

Fremontlights, just give Paul a call. He will send an invoice, pay the deposit and be done.

Edited by iresq