Cdi pre order sale '09

paul sessel

Just finished reading the 13 page thread and still have a few questions:

1. Are the Mini Lights such as LEDM6B100 dim able with LOR?

2. Just want to clarify, the Warm LED Lights are the ones that look the most like traditional Mini's?

3. These LEDM6B100, are they the small Glass bulb, or the longer glass like traditional Mini's?

4. Do this suffer the same problem as traditional mini's where if a light goes out you lose several other bulbs (35 or 50 typically)?

5. I see the post on dim able bulbs are .10 more each, is that for the mini's as well, or just for the C9 style?

Thanks

-Patrick

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can help with a few of these. See my reply in red.

Just finished reading the 13 page thread and still have a few questions:

1. Are the Mini Lights such as LEDM6B100 dim able with LOR? Yes they are.

2. Just want to clarify, the Warm LED Lights are the ones that look the most like traditional Mini's? Yes

3. These LEDM6B100, are they the small Glass bulb, or the longer glass like traditional Mini's? From the pictures at his web site, they are a long plastic piece that looks like the glass minis we are so familiar with.

4. Do this suffer the same problem as traditional mini's where if a light goes out you lose several other bulbs (35 or 50 typically)? Yes if one LED goes out, they all go out. They are all wired in series.

5. I see the post on dim able bulbs are .10 more each, is that for the mini's as well, or just for the C9 style? This is strictly for the C9 LEDs.

Thanks

-Patrick

Your welcome. I hope this was of help. And if I am wrong, would someone please make corrections.

Max

Edited by Max-Paul
5th line changed from C7 to C9 as it should have read

I'm having trouble with the pricing on the C-9's... I am seeing retro-fit C9's that are DIMMABLE, pre-order price of $.90 ea, or $90/case of 100. If my math is correct- for a standard string of 25 ct C9's- that would be $22.50 per string. That's VERY expensive, compared to just buying new strings completely. Am I missing something here?

Also- how bright are the LED strobes compared to the old standard strobes?

Well most c-9 LEDs don't dim and doing a google search any Commercial 25 light C9 LED strand is going to cost you $25-30 a strand and yet I agree that at regular pricing would be more expensive this still give you the opportunity to create your own color scheme although I agree the question does remain about regular pricing why they are more then anybody else.

It's me again.... more questions.

C-6 strings - Do they come on Green or White wire?

Are they still 12\case like the other strings?

You're only selling the C-7 and C-9 bulb, no pre-made strings, right? If I want a C-7 or C-9 string I'd have to make my own with twisted cord, socket\bases, plugs, and the bulbs..... right?

Thanks again.....

It's me again.... more questions.

C-6 strings - Do they come on Green or White wire?

Are they still 12\case like the other strings?

You're only selling the C-7 and C-9 bulb, no pre-made strings, right? If I want a C-7 or C-9 string I'd have to make my own with twisted cord, socket\bases, plugs, and the bulbs..... right?

Thanks again.....

C-6 strings come on green wire

12 to a case

you could make them with the green cord and vampire (attachon) plugs.

C-6 strings come on green wire

12 to a case

you could make them with the green cord and vampire (attachon) plugs.

Green.....Um, ok. I was hoping for white wire so I could make my own C-cicle type lights for my guttering, but that's OK. I'll just have to be creative with my tie-wrapping to hide the green as much as possible. Not what I had hoped for, but it's not a deal breaker either. LOL.

Thanks

Someone mentioned a thread about people asking about splitting cases of lights. I can't find that thread, can some one link it here or PM it to me, please. I'd consider splitting a case of Warm White icicles, and Multi C-9 strings with somoene close to East Tennessee.

Someone mentioned a thread about people asking about splitting cases of lights. I can't find that thread, can some one link it here or PM it to me, please. I'd consider splitting a case of Warm White icicles, and Multi C-9 strings with somone close to East Tennessee.

I've seen some threads on splitting cases on the Christmas Groups by State section. Didn't check TN though.

No you don't have to make your own. You can use ANY C7 or C9 cordset. Go out right now and buy a couple sets of C7s/C9s on clearance which will cost you less than 2 bucks @ 75% off.

Green.....Um, ok. I was hoping for white wire so I could make my own C-cicle type lights for my guttering, but that's OK. I'll just have to be creative with my tie-wrapping to hide the green as much as possible. Not what I had hoped for, but it's not a deal breaker either.

If you want white you still have options. You can use white zip cord and white C7/C9 zip cord sockets (vampire type) to make your own cord. The zip cord type are a lot cheaper than the twisted wire + heavy duty sockets. (I also saw those C-cicle sets on clearance at walmart.) Alternately, you could buy a few sets of C7s or C9s on clearance as I mentioned above and then paint them with white Krylon Fusion paint.

It really seems like you are overthinking this and making it much more complicated than necessary. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best.

TED

Huh?

I am sorry but that really doesn't make sense?

If you are only going to sell them by the case and/or per 100 there would be no need to put the pre-sale and normal season price per bulb both. If they are there for comparison, then wouldn't it make more sense to just to put the pre-sale and normal season price by the case or per 100 so there isn't any confusion?

I know if I only needed 25-50 bulbs (which I don't, just saying) and I was forced to buy them by the 100s I think I would look at other options. That would mean for Paul that is lost sales and I don't think that is what he wants.

Paul, can you clear this up, can you buy them individually? Another example is if I just needed to buy replacements to fix some bulbs that were out and if I had to buy 100 just to get 10 I would look at other options. IMO, I don't think he would force you buy by the lot. I think if you buy them by the case and/or per 100 you get a price back where if you bought them in broken cases or individual you will pay a little more. That is how I understand it and what I would do.

You know Paul is doing a great service to the PC members by offering this pre-order deal and it really irritates me to see this kind of nit picking. Let me break this down for you. IF you want the pre-order sale price you MUST buy in full cases ONLY. That's it--no whining!

You are NOT being "forced" to buy them by the hundreds. If you just need a couple bulbs or if you want less than a full case then you simply buy them at regular in season prices.

TED

No you don't have to make your own. You can use ANY C7 or C9 cordset. Go out right now and buy a couple sets of C7s/C9s on clearance which will cost you less than 2 bucks @ 75% off.

If you want white you still have options. You can use white zip cord and white C7/C9 zip cord sockets (vampire type) to make your own cord. The zip cord type are a lot cheaper than the twisted wire + heavy duty sockets. (I also saw those C-cicle sets on clearance at walmart.) Alternately, you could buy a few sets of C7s or C9s on clearance as I mentioned above and then paint them with white Krylon Fusion paint.

It really seems like you are overthinking this and making it much more complicated than necessary. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best.

TED

Thanks for the suggestion on the clearance C-7 or C-9's. I didn't realize those incandescent strings could be used for the LED's. I thought the retro-fit bulbs were for older LED strings with the rectifiers built into them. THANKS, I might just go back to Wally-World and see what they've got left in stock.

Yea, I thought about getting the green wire c-7 and c-9's and painting them, I was just waiting for the test results from someone in another thread that painted some net lights. I just don't want the spray paint to flake off during the season, or have to re-paint the strings each season.

That's why I'm posting questions.... to get others to give me feedback and alternative suggestions to what I'm wanting to do.

Thanks for the suggestion on the clearance C-7 or C-9's. I didn't realize those incandescent strings could be used for the LED's. I thought the retro-fit bulbs were for older LED strings with the rectifiers built into them. THANKS, I might just go back to Wally-World and see what they've got left in stock.

Yea, I thought about getting the green wire c-7 and c-9's and painting them, I was just waiting for the test results from someone in another thread that painted some net lights. I just don't want the spray paint to flake off during the season, or have to re-paint the strings each season.

That's why I'm posting questions.... to get others to give me feedback and alternative suggestions to what I'm wanting to do.

I think you would get better responses if you started your own thread about what it is you're trying to accomplish. Some people who might be able to help you probably aren't reading this thread for one reason or another.

You are NOT being "forced" to buy them by the hundreds. If you just need a couple bulbs or if you want less than a full case then you simply buy them at regular in season prices.

Very True. Or, he can buy from a vendor that doesn't impose such restrictions - they do exist. Paul runs his business as he sees fit to. It is, after all, his business.

What exactly are the retro fit C7 LED lights?? I am wanting to convert my standard C7 sets to LED for 2009, but I need somewhere reasonable to buy the C7 socket bulbs at, is that what you are sell, or are they something different?? And If you are selling these, are they available in a multi assortment? Or would I just have to buy several colors seperate from each other??

What exactly are the retro fit C7 LED lights?? I am wanting to convert my standard C7 sets to LED for 2009, but I need somewhere reasonable to buy the C7 socket bulbs at, is that what you are sell, or are they something different?? And If you are selling these, are they available in a multi assortment? Or would I just have to buy several colors seperate from each other??

Bulbs only. They screw right into your existing sockets.

Edited by mmstidham

They are like traditional C-7 bulbs only made of LED's (in that they screw into existing light lines). We sell a multi pack that has red,green,orange,blue and yellow).

You know Paul is doing a great service to the PC members by offering this pre-order deal and it really irritates me to see this kind of nit picking. Let me break this down for you. IF you want the pre-order sale price you MUST buy in full cases ONLY. That's it--no whining!

TED

Please lets not start with the "no whining" crap.....that is all we heard in the post from the 08 pre buy and look what we ended up with.:D:P

Are the C7 retro's full wave?

I'd be interested in C7's if they don't flicker. Also, does anyone make a "twinkling" C7 retro LED yet?

Check out:

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/p/C7-Christmas-Lights-120V-Twinkle-Multi-LED-Replacement-Bulb-Box-of-25--19460.htm

I couldn't find the white twinkles, but I was sure that I saw them somewhere:confused:

Edited by jkofsky
sp

Since I haven't done this in the past , and it was somewhat hard for me to understand the PDF file, how much would it cost to get the LED Multi's In a case with this whole pre-order thing??

The minis are M-5. The first page of the PDF file has the M-5's.

The item number will end in 50, 70, or 100. That is the bulb count.

So a case of 70 count multi color would be item LED6M70. Price $102 plus shipping.

Ok, probably a dumb question. I'm pretty sure I want the M-5 LED's. However, I want to make sure that it is correct before I order. I want the ones that are close to regular mini's. These are the M-5's, correct? Not the 5mm.

If I am correct, what is the 5mm then?

Thanks,

Rob