Cdi pre order sale '09

ok steering this back in the direction of the presale...

when do the products usually come in and is there a target delivery date ?

I need some strobes for July 4th and not sure if I should just pay regular price to ensure that I have them by mid-June

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may not even have his own stock by July 4, let alone the group buy.

Weren't we joking last year that all of the LEDs being used at the Olympics were ours? That was August.

In all seriousness, though, he does try to get them out as soon as he can. Last year's got held up for more than two months beyond our hoped-for delivery date for some reason. I guess when they asked him how he wanted them shipped and he said "cheapest way...slow boat to China," they took him literally!:D

Anyone willing to grab me 3 white LED strobes (C-9LEDSTPW) and mail them to me at cost? I'm certainly not ready for a whole case but would like a few to evaluate. A mini-group buy if you will. Payment method via your choice (check, money order, paypal). Established PC members only please.

What was it...... oh yea Earthquake.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

Seems we were doomed by natural and international events to not get them until September, but we did get them.

I have no clue what I'm going to order this year, yet. I have only vaguely come up with any idea of what I might do with the display.

Yea, I think the Olypics used ours, but I think also that thing that happened last year in China held things up. What was it...... oh yea Earthquake.

Hopefully no earthquakes this year and we don't have to worry about Olympics.

Rob

I wish I had recorded the Olympics to look for the inevitable smoking rectifiers :D

some questions here..

what is an "M5" LED? will it wor kgood on a mega or mini-tree? how long is a 50 light set vs a 70 light set?

will these LED light sets with with my LOR?

do these lights have a lot of 'Flicker'?

im not very well versed on LED's other than this looks like a great price to get them at.. and I need to start switching over to them...

also how do I pay for them? and when? I am travelling for work.. and probably wont be home to where I have the charge card I need to use for these till after Feb 1st...

do we pay upfront or just put a deposit down?

how to get in on it?

-Christopher

some questions here..

what is an "M5" LED? will it wor kgood on a mega or mini-tree?

"M" means "mini" (I think), and it's the style that looks most like a standard mini-light. M5's and M6's are both about the same size as a regular mini, maybe just a smidge bigger. They'll look great on a mega tree.

how long is a 50 light set vs a 70 light set?

20 fewer lights? ;) Figure about 4" bulb spacing so it would be roughly 6.5' shorter.

will these LED light sets with with my LOR?

Supposedly these are from the same factory as 2007's lights, which worked very well with LOR.

do these lights have a lot of 'Flicker'?

Full-wave LED's should have any flicker at all. Even the newer (better) half-wave ones are getting pretty flicker-free...

-Tim

Chris,

The 50 light strands are approx 17 feet long. 4 inch bulb spacing, 4 inch leader on both the male and female ends past the bulbs. I only use 50 ct strings.

I prefer the M6, which is the bulb diameter, 6 mm. 1 mm larger then the M5. The M does stand for mini light style.

I have over 600 strings of M5, M6 and C6 LEDs from CDI and love them. They play very well with LOR.

To order, telephone Paul at CDI, your card will be charged a 50% deposit, balance when order shipped to you. I think Jan 31 is the deadline to preorder.

Paul's telephone # 1-800-733-9617.

PS Do I remember you from CocoonTech ?

jbullard: good deal I think i will get my order together... yes im on cocoontech but spend more time on the Homeseer BB and the Mainlobby BB than I do cocoontech... im the guy with the crazy HVAC system that does more than a daikin commercial unit... but then my energy bills are 50% of my neighbors :)

im glad these will work with the animation.. ive read so many horror stories about destroyed strings when used with controllers..

are the CDI lights full or half wave?

-Christopher

jbullard: good deal I think i will get my order together... im glad these will work with the animation.. ive read so many horror stories about destroyed strings when used with controllers.. are the CDI lights full or half wave?

-Christopher

Chris,

FULL wave. I'm getting my '09 order ready as well.

The "bad" strings were from a different mfg.

Chris,

The 50 light strands are approx 17 feet long. 4 inch bulb spacing, 4 inch leader on both the male and female ends past the bulbs. I only use 50 ct strings.

I prefer the M6, which is the bulb diameter, 6 mm. 1 mm larger then the M5. The M does stand for mini light style.

I have over 600 strings of M5, M6 and C6 LEDs from CDI and love them. They play very well with LOR.

To order, telephone Paul at CDI, your card will be charged a 50% deposit, balance when order shipped to you. I think Jan 31 is the deadline to preorder.

Paul's telephone # 1-800-733-9617.

PS Do I remember you from CocoonTech ?

According to Leigh at CDI, the M5 and M6 lights are the same this year ...

Hi Mickey,

Yes, the LEDM6XXXX is the new part number for the LED mini's...some call them M5's and some M6's. ...

Thanks!

Edited by Entropy

Anyone willing to grab me 3 white LED strobes (C-9LEDSTPW) and mail them to me at cost? I'm certainly not ready for a whole case but would like a few to evaluate. A mini-group buy if you will. Payment method via your choice (check, money order, paypal). Established PC members only please.

Anyone? I'd really appreciate it.

Yea I guess price wise they would be cheaper, but is it one of those cases where you get what you pay for? Are these going to be as bright as the 5 watts? I think I remember reading the strobes having 10 LEDs per strobe. The LEDs make up in the power savings, but are they going to make up in intensity are these going be on the same level of a 5 watt strobe? If so then they would definitely be worth it.

I know for me power draw isn't all that much of a issue for me since even at 5 watts with 50 strobes they are not all on at the same time and are only on for a few seconds at any given time. My biggest concern is the intensity and performance of the strobe.

I have had samples sent of this type strobe and had 20 leds put in them and was not happy with the brightness. I think it was in part to due with the lens and the other part do to the way they set the leds. They are not up in the lens like the incandescent bulb. I looked at getting these a few years back with incandescent bulbs and I did not like the way they mounted the circuit board. It is horizontal and these condensated also and my big worry is that the moisture will land on the board. The strobes I carry have boards that are vertical. Also the Chinese told me that the leds type can only flash 2 times per second. They can make them flash faster but they will not guarantee them.

Just remember, watts are the electric power consumed. Has nothing to do with brightness. And the LED strobes should be more durable then standard strobes and not as subject to failure due to condensation as the regular strobes (even after drilling the cases)

It's not the bulbs that go bad. It is the circuit board.