Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
paul sessel

Cdi pre order sale '09

Just wanted to give you a heads up. We will start taking orders after the first of the year. 50% deposit with order and balance due when goods are shipped in early Summer. Pricing would be as follows:

Whats this years cutoff date Paul? And did you get samples of the LED strobes and possibly a video of them in action please? I'm still bummed about no 5mm 50ct or 70ct :( but I'm not whining :) Thanks for doing this again Paul and making things right this year you do stand by your product.

Edited by chrissalter

The note at the bottom stating $.10 more for dimmable bulbs.....does that apply to the C-7's and C-9's? If so, any info about them?

Guest Jeff_Womack

Looks like the cutoff is Feb 13th according to the website and before you ask (I am on the phone with CDI right now) no the $1,000 min does not apply to us.

.10 cents is for the dimable C-7 and C-9 retro's. I'm the one whinning this year :eek: that's why I left that off! The strobes are a cannister that fit into a C-9 socket. I'll get a picture on the web site in the next couple of days with a link to it. The M-6's and C-6's are 4" spacing and the zip cord is 1,000 foot spools.

Edited by paul sessel
for got something

If the c9's and c7's are dimmable have you tested them with LOR? and they have 5 LED's in them correct?

These are the Minleon lamps with 3 LED's in the C7 and 5 LEd's in the C-9. I have not personally tested them but one of our other dealers has and I also think Dan at LOR has tested them. He was the one that worked with Minleon to get the bulbs right.

Guest Jeff_Womack

.10 cents is for the dimable C-7 and C-9 retro's.

No C7 dimmables? (non retro fit) Or did I miss them in the list???

Yep you missed it. The notes was at the bottom of the C-7/9 list to add 10 cents per bulb for dimmable version.

Edit - My bad, I skipped over the "non" part of your post in my excitment!

Edited by Jeff_Womack

I was wondering the length of the 100ct 5mm strands was? Are these similar in length to 100ct minis ? The 5mm are the concave wide angle stuff, right?

One last question, why is purple so more expensive than other colors?

No C7 dimmables? (non retro fit) Or did I miss them in the list???

I'm not buying them this year. Just not enough interest in the strings of c-7 and c-9. I am getting replacements for the 2008's though.

I was wondering the length of the 100ct 5mm strands was? Are these similar in length to 100ct minis ? The 5mm are the concave wide angle stuff, right?

One last question, why is purple so more expensive than other colors?

All strings are 4" spacing - so 4" X 100 (lights) / 12 (inches) gets you about 33 feet. The 5MM are concave. Purple is the most expensive LED to produce, hence the cost is the most expensive. I'm sure there are more educated people here that can come up with a better answer. I'm just a dumb Christmas light salesman! :D

What's the measurements on the LED Icicle, between drops and length of drops?

Also the LED net lights, what's the "Per 3" on them? Is that per 3 boxes or cases?

The LED Icicle lights are Snowflake shaped and are 7 feet long with drops in 3, 5, and 6 lights and the spacing is 4 inches.

The LED Net lights come 3 sets per case.

Merry Christmas!

Sorry to ask sooo many questions...but...

On the icicles -

Can you post a pic of the icicles? When you say snowflakes, do you mean the lights are shaped like snowflakes? Are they like tLike these - http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/p/Residential-70-ct.-LED-Snowflake-Icicle-Lights-w-6-in.-Spacing--19391.htm

What's the lighted length of the string (the 7')? what is the length of the leads form plug to first drop?

I'm assuming white wire on these as well, right?

Net lights -

Green wire, right?

What shape are the bulbs?

Sorry, for so amny questions... Just trying to plan for next year. and needs the wife's 'OK' before I can place an order.

Thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Edited by rgroves

Sorry to ask sooo many questions...but...

On the icicles -

Can you post a pic of the icicles? When you say snowflakes, do you mean the lights are shaped like snowflakes? Are they like tLike these - http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/p/Residential-70-ct.-LED-Snowflake-Icicle-Lights-w-6-in.-Spacing--19391.htm Those are the same kind

What's the lighted length of the string (the 7')? Yeswhat is the length of the leads form plug to first drop? I'm not real sure

I'm assuming white wire on these as well, right? Yes

Net lights -

Green wire, right? Correctamundo

What shape are the bulbs? M6 (mini style)

Sorry, for so amny questions... Just trying to plan for next year. and needs the wife's 'OK' before I can place an order. My blessings aren't enough? :eek:

Thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

right back at you and everyone!

On the color strobes, are the LEDs colored also? Would love to see a video of them in action.

Yes they are - sorry I don't have the ability to video them.

I am really serious about changing out all my C9s for 2009 as it would save me from having to buy more controllers and of course save on power. Just so we are clear before I dish out $500 to replace my C9s. Will these in fact work with LOR and all the effects LOR does, dim, fade, shimmer, twinkle etc?

Second, in the picture below with the 3 lights on the right that are clear. Which is which? Of the 3 clear or white lights I like the middle one. I guess you can say the 2nd one from the right. What is the actual color of that, would that be warm white?

C-9LED%203-14-08%20300.jpg

I am really serious about changing out all my C9s for 2009 as it would save me from having to buy more controllers and of course save on power. Just so we are clear before I dish out $500 to replace my C9s. Will these in fact work with LOR and all the effects LOR does, dim, fade, shimmer, twinkle etc?

Second, in the picture below with the 3 lights on the right that are clear. Which is which? Of the 3 clear or white lights I like the middle one. I guess you can say the 2nd one from the right. What is the actual color of that, would that be warm white?

C-9LED%203-14-08%20300.jpg

Cool, Sun and Warm White.

Ok, another question on the LED Icicles.

Are the Warm White icicles only going to be carried only with the snowflake ends on them, or will (or can) you get the mini light bulb style? I'm not too impressed with the snow flakes...yet.

Thanks again.

Edit - OK another quesion.....

On the C6 strings, what's the length?

Edited by rgroves