Mounting Strobes inside Mega Tree

MesquiteXmas

I am curious how everyone is mounting their strobes inside their tree. I would like to know if I am maximizing the effect of my strobes. I have 2 guy wires inside the dia. of the base that is just used for strobes, not for stability. I run one on each side of the tree, I.E. left and right. Then I just zip tie the C9 strand at the top and bottom. Then just clip the lights onto the guy wire. Only problem with this is the effect is only to the left and right. What I was thinking about doing next year is adding a guy wire to the front in addition to the left and right then weave the C9 strand from left to right across the front guy wire so it looks more full.

How is everyone else hanging their strobes inside their tree? Pics would be great if you have them.

What I would do is I would take 4-5 guy wires, place them equally spaced around the base of the tree, and run those guy wires up to the top of the tree with the lights. Then take your strobe strand and wrap it in a downward spiraling pattern from the top of the tree to the bottom, securing the strand to each guy wire as you come across it.

What I would do is I would take 4-5 guy wires, place them equally spaced around the base of the tree, and run those guy wires up to the top of the tree with the lights. Then take your strobe strand and wrap it in a downward spiraling pattern from the top of the tree to the bottom, securing the strand to each guy wire as you come across it.

Thats basically what I did, minus the guy wires. I attached the strobe strings with all the mini lights to the top, then as I raised it, just zip tied the strobes to light strings going down around the tree. Its not perfect, but gives a decent effect of the tree being covered with strobes.

I use thick wire that is sold in the Chain Link fence area, but I suppose wire coat hangers would work as well.

I take the wire and loop it around the flag pole, using zip ties to secure it to the pole. I then zip tie a strobe to the wire, adjusting the amount of drop I want. That way I can place my strobes at any height and at any width that I want.

With the Chain Link wire I can put 2 or 3 strobes max per arm, before it sags too much.

I will take photo of this set up and post it later today.

I am doing something similar to that as well now, but with only two wires, but they are inside the base. I like them on the inside instead of around the tree with the strings, but I bet that would look good too. So they go from the top to the ground on the inside. I was thinking about adding 1 more making 3 total. I don't know if i wanted to snake them back and forth of straight down on each wire like they are now. I have seen a lot of people whose trees look full of strobes and was curious if they were doing anything different then what I am doing.

I string mine just like I string the minis: from a tent stake in the ground, up to the topper, and then back to another stake.

my 8' x 10' megatree has 15 strobes, on 3 wedges. The 'up' side (IE, going UP from the stake to the topper) has 3 strobes at 1',5', and 9'. The 'down' side has 2 at 3' and 7'.

Even with only 15 strobes, the whole tree looks like it is full of them. Without any of the minis on, the strobes still make a tree shape. I will most likely make it 20 next year, but more than that I think is going to be over kill.

I think a delay of 1-2 seconds could potentially render those LED strobes pretty worthless (or very high on the hassle factor to sequence with), since your then effectively dealing with X10 (or slower) type control on those.

Most folks (in current and past years) have been using the christmaslightshow strobes ... and they sometimes go down to $6 on sale during the year. They fit into C9 sockets and his versions are water-proofed (sealed).