Walmart Holiday Hours

ProLawn

I went to 24 hrs one at 6:00 am and found out they open at 7am, Tons of lights pick up 100 boxes of red and 50 boxes of red with white wire , and got 75 boxes of green. They still had more but funds got low. But does anyone know if they go to 75% off could you go back and get the difference.....Jared

I went to 24 hrs one at 6:00 am and found out they open at 7am, Tons of lights pick up 100 boxes of red and 50 boxes of red with white wire , and got 75 boxes of green. They still had more but funds got low. But does anyone know if they go to 75% off could you go back and get the difference.....Jared
They did not let me do that for Halloween even though they had the stuff still on the floor to sale. They would not do a refund or a price adjustment. They said Holiday stuff discounted was nonrefundable...could have just been the customer service nazi's at my location though.

Our Walmart opened at 6am sharp. I arrived about 5:50am and there were maybe 30 or 40 people in line by the time the door opened. Nice and orderly, nothing crazy.

Back in the Christmas light area, there were only 3 or 4 of us for the first 15 minutes so that was nice. I picked up 50 boxes of white, two sets of three large Christmas present lights and two sets of three small Christmas present lights.

I used a gift card and money that my family "donated" to the light fund on Christmas. All in all, I didn't even spend $0.01 of my money today. ;) Thanks family!

-Jeff

p.s. Our Walmart was ringing up the wrong price to begin with this morning. Our minis came in at $1.25 when they should have been $1.19 and the Christmas presents were ringing in at 50% off the original price... which I thought was correct but the customer service rep. said it was 50% off the lowest price so she refunded me the difference. :D

They still had more but funds got low. But does anyone know if they go to 75% off could you go back and get the difference.....Jared

No of course not. You either buy at the current discount or take a chance and wait. They will only refund the CURRENT clearance price.

TED

I purchased 250 boxes of 100 ct minis when they went to 50% off. Well they still have so many left that I got to thinking that no many people are interested in them at 50% off this year so why not take mine back and wait for 75% off. I went to the return counter just to check before I brought them all back and they told me I could keep them and that they would refund the difference if they dropped to 75% off. I think I am going to stop back by there again today and ask them about it again before they drop the price so if they say they will not do that then 250 boxes will be going back and I will buy them back Friday morning.

Unless it is in writing I would be leary of that statement.

True,

Been there last year!!

Make sure it is the same person that gives the finial OK on the price change (store manager), not just an assistant manager...

Also keep going back in and checking in with that same person...

This way they will not forget about, and be glad to give the price change so they can get rid of you...(LOL)

They did not let me do that for Halloween even though they had the stuff still on the floor to sale. They would not do a refund or a price adjustment. They said Holiday stuff discounted was nonrefundable...could have just been the customer service nazi's at my location though.

This is about the 10th post I've seen on this topic. I don't know why people seem to think they can do this. Stores will only refund the CURRENT discount price regardless of what you paid originally. This is to prevent people from buying up the hot selling items and then returning them later in order to buy them again at clearance prices. The stores got wise to this unethical scheme and put a stop to it. You either pay the current price or take your chances and wait. It's been that way for at least the last 5 years at all the big box stores (Target, walmart, Kmart, etc).

TED

I purchased 250 boxes of 100 ct minis when they went to 50% off. Well they still have so many left that I got to thinking that no many people are interested in them at 50% off this year so why not take mine back and wait for 75% off. I went to the return counter just to check before I brought them all back and they told me I could keep them and that they would refund the difference if they dropped to 75% off. I think I am going to stop back by there again today and ask them about it again before they drop the price so if they say they will not do that then 250 boxes will be going back and I will buy them back Friday morning.

Apparently you talked to someone who is not aware of the rules. You might get away with it but I don't understand why there are so many people on here this year that are trying to cheat the system. It is unethical behavior to do this.

TED