Wireframe clips question/source

This year I bought my first wireframe from christmas-leds.com as well as clips to mount the lights and it all worked great. On the way back from Gulf Shores in November, I purchased a wireframe wreath from a nursery. When I finally got around to trying the clips from Val on the wreath, I discovered that they were just a smidge too large.

While digging through a box of miscellaneous stuff in the garage I found a small pack of wireframe clips that I bought who knows where after Christmas last year and they fit great - they say Holiday Trim on the package. Does anyone know where I could find more of these or know how I could find some other brand of the same size?? This year I haven't stumbled across ANY wireframe clips in stores here.

Kathi

This year I bought my first wireframe from christmas-leds.com as well as clips to mount the lights and it all worked great. On the way back from Gulf Shores in November, I purchased a wireframe wreath from a nursery. When I finally got around to trying the clips from Val on the wreath, I discovered that they were just a smidge too large.

While digging through a box of miscellaneous stuff in the garage I found a small pack of wireframe clips that I bought who knows where after Christmas last year and they fit great - they say Holiday Trim on the package. Does anyone know where I could find more of these or know how I could find some other brand of the same size?? This year I haven't stumbled across ANY wireframe clips in stores here.

Kathi

I found this source for wireframe clips a while back they have different sizes available, it's called the "Christmas-Light-Source" their addy is christmas-light-source.com . Just checked to make sure that the link was good, they are closed until 1/5/2009, I think you could still place an order for shipment after that date.

I found this source for wireframe clips a while back they have different sizes available, it's called the "Christmas-Light-Source" their addy is christmas-light-source.com . Just checked to make sure that the link was good, they are closed until 1/5/2009, I think you could still place an order for shipment after that date.

Thanks for the info/link! Now I believe that I know what I am looking for - 3/16" clips rather than 1/4" clips.

The only bad thing is that christmas-light-source.com's price is $12 per 100. At christmas-leds.com, 1/4" clips are $12 per 500! I think that I will check and see if they have any 3/16" clips :)

Kathi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jeff_Womack

Just be careful, cheaper is not always better. I have had some in the past that cracked easily and some that have lots of extraneous plastic left on the clips. As we always remember, cadveat emptor....buyer beware!

(I buy mine now from Betty's).

Edited by Jeff_Womack

I buy my clips from Lori's I have some that are 2 and 3 years old and they are doing terrific. She is selling them for $28.95/1000 clips. Her web site is having a 25% off sale. This may include clips, not sure. Here for clips:

http://www.lorislighteddlites.com/item-detail.asp?part=1000c&category=Accessories

Click Home to see about the sale.

I am looking to buy clips as well but will probably go with this place http://www.christmaslightclips.com/christmaslightclips.htm. I like that they come in several colors and I do not have enough use for 1000 clips!!! These are $10 for a box of 300.

Drats!! They don't have 3/16"... I also don't need 1000 clips, so I would have ordered these if they had the size I need. Thanks for providing the link for these - perhaps I'll need them for the smallish Santa wireframe that my friend just gave me. I haven't checked yet to see what size clips it will need.

Kathi

• 1 year later...

Kathi, next time you are headed to Gulf Shores, stop at the same nursery, he sells the clips that fit his wireframes. I think 3.50 for a hundred. I just scored 2 large deer and a santa in a sled (frames only) for 39.00.

Since this thread started in 2008, I've learned alot about wireframe clips :) I said that I would never need anywhere near 1000. Ended up with 4500 1/4" and 4500 5/16" by splitting an order with a fellow PCer from http://www.christmaslightclips.com/christmaslightclips.htm - price was $45.95 per 9000 plus shipping.

The price is really good, but I probably won't order from them again - they seem more difficult to get on and off the frame to me, YMMV. I would be willing to sell some of my excess if anyone is interested in seeing if they like them.

Btw, I have purchased a couple of more frames from Bloomers also since I go by there every time I go to Gulf Shores :)