Why don't more vendors sell the DOME led lights?

My favorite LED style of light is the dome style with the round top. I absolutely love it because if the top is facing you directly, it looks very bright. As you move past a tree that is wrapped with this style, it gives a cool look as certain lights seem to go brighter. The city has decorated a bunch of trees with this style of LEDs in their park and they look awesome

Even though they are incandescents, my white twig trees I bought at Home Depot 3 years ago have this style and makes they really pop.

I might be doing a new project for 2009 that will use all LED and I am thinking of using this style. I am thinking about getting involved with some of these LED Pre-orders From CDI or LED Holiday Lighting but they don't seem to carry the dome.

Is this just not a popular shape?

-Richard

My favorite LED style of light is the dome style with the round top. I absolutely love it because if the top is facing you directly, it looks very bright. As you move past a tree that is wrapped with this style, it gives a cool look as certain lights seem to go brighter. The city has decorated a bunch of trees with this style of LEDs in their park and they look awesome

Even though they are incandescents, my white twig trees I bought at Home Depot 3 years ago have this style and makes they really pop.

I might be doing a new project for 2009 that will use all LED and I am thinking of using this style. I am thinking about getting involved with some of these LED Pre-orders From CDI or LED Holiday Lighting but they don't seem to carry the dome.

Is this just not a popular shape?

-Richard

Hi Richard,

I found the 5mm concaves do the same effect... if you are off angle they are still bright, but if you are square withe the bulb, they light just pops out at ya!

The only batch of LED(s) I found on clearance this year, were dome-topped LED(s) from Home Depot. But only 7 boxes on them (50ct each). So I know Home Depot had them. I also am a big fan of the 5mm wide-angle LEDs (the 60ct grey box) from walmart. They don't flicker and are very bright.

I bought some of those early in the season cheaply made i'm afraid same as the kmart sears one's. I had given up hope until the wife came home from walmart threw some green led's at me the rest is history. No green led's around here because bought them all before thanksgiving!!!

Big Lots had the best buy this year on 5mm concaves.

They had 90 light strings in white and multi's for $10.00 and clearance @ $5.00. I used 5 boxes to do a Bethlehem Star on black coro, and everyone raves about the look and pop.

Yep those are the ones I used too... The multis i used on my poles are just as bright!

i got some cool stick trees from there (big lots). third season on some of them and they havent had a problem. they have G series bulbs on them. not the brightest in the batch but they are pretty nice.

The G series is all I have used I really like them. I got mine this year from CDI. He has told me he will not be carrying them anymore, says not enough people want them.

I did see some G series listed on Travis's site. Hope he will be offering them in the pre-order.

The G series is all I have used I really like them. I got mine this year from CDI. He has told me he will not be carrying them anymore, says not enough people want them.

I did see some G series listed on Travis's site. Hope he will be offering them in the pre-order.

I used G12 Cool White on my arches (140 lights per section) and it really pops. Have not tried the 5mm on a arch, might try one out.

Here is what they look like.

Click on pictures to enlarge

post-6450-129571102715_thumb.jpg

post-6450-12957110286_thumb.jpg

post-6450-129571102869_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dennis Cherry