WalMart @75% Thursday Night @ Midnight ( 1/2/09 ) ???

Well thanks Louie. Or no thanks not sure which to type. We went up to the Sarno walmart after I read what you typed and I think you left me 4 boxes of red lights. I ended up leaving them for someone else. I REALLY needed solid colors this year. I am not worried about clear because there are clear EVERYWHERE. WEll anyway donna is happy because we went to the Viera store and they still had the 50% off signs but the worker said they were at 75% off. WEll no solid colors their either but they had several display trees and there was a sign on them that said a extra 20% off. Donna went and asked and the manager said sure no problem. We got one of the red 4ft trees and 1 of the blue 4ft trees that were 20 dollars for only a dollar each. WE got a 7 ft tree that was supposed to be 68 dollars for 3.40. The big score however was the tree that walmart was selling for 198 dollars. We ended up leaving the store with that one for a grand total of 9.84. So we got 306 dollars worth of trees for 15.24 cents!!!! So now I need lights for all these trees.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from our Wally World bought another $90 worth of stuff. My hands started shaking as I walked by the lights as I got more than enough at Target this morning @90% off. I have to go back in the morning though to see if I can get a price adjustment for the stuff I bought last week. Wish me luck.

WOW our targets are not at 90% off yet or at least I don't think so.

Well, I went into a Target in Vegas and they had nothing, so I went to another one on my way home and they were loaded so I asked the manager since they were going to go to 90% in a few days if I bought 100's of boxes of lights could I get them for 90% off and she said yes. So I bought over 50,000 lights, 5 wire trees, 5 6' trees, and 4 of the potted trees, along with extension cords (very few) all for around $200.

Will walmart price adjust what we bought last week?

No of course not.

I have to go back in the morning though to see if I can get a price adjustment for the stuff I bought last week. Wish me luck.

It doesn't work that way. People used to buy up stuff and then return it right before clearance in the hope that they could buy it back again at a discount. The stores got wise to that and now they will only refund at the CURRENT discount price. It is very unlikely that they will adjust the price.

TED

Edited by TED

Well thanks Louie. Or no thanks not sure which to type. We went up to the Sarno walmart after I read what you typed and I think you left me 4 boxes of red lights. I ended up leaving them for someone else.

Wait, you actually found four boxes? I went through every stinking case they had there and missed four boxes? ;)

....I got two cases of red for you at my house, I figured I would snag them and then if you didn't want them, I would keep them. I got (I think) 3 cases total of red from Sarno, ya, I didn't see any at the Viera store when I was there the other day either.

I just go back from 2 Walmarts. My goodness do they have a butt load of blue and multi. I had already bought 4 cases of red earlier at 50% so now I bought another case of a mixture of blue, green, and some purple. I also found the prismatic presents I wanted for under my megatree. 3 boxes at 14.50 each as opposed to 60 bucks. The one Wally world had 2 full racks (the lenght of one to the corner and all the way over) full of lights. They had a lot of LED's too (M5, C7,C9, and C6) I was so tempeted. But i have spent so much already. I may give it some time and see what they ave left, maybe try and work a deal.

I wih our Target went 90%, they had a tone of green and red all Sylvania and GE. I am just too cheap to spend the buck a box.

Just got home after visiting 2 of my walmarts. I picked up everything I wanted and more I didnt think I would find. I got purple, red and blue in White wire and a bunch more in green wire, in total an additional 25000 lights so this years total I have bought is just at 40,000.

One side question I have heard some people talk about managers giving them an extra discount for the large amounts they buy. I have tried that twice and they thought I was crazy. Any suggestions or things that work?

Oh god I'm so tired!!! On the phone last night, the cashier said the prices were still 50%. I had to work at 5:30 AM and couldn't stay up any longer. But then tossed and turned till 3am only getting 2 hours of sleep. I went into work and waited till 8am and then called. The super centers all had gone to 75% off. I called in my re-inforcements. :D :D He headed up and snagged all the remaining LEDs

35 boxes c7 multi led

25 boxes c7 clear led

12 boxes c9 clear led

in total I paid him 140.00 for the purchases

I finished up work at 5:15 pm and headed out to the Walmart that had the most LED's. I got

20 boxes multi c7 led

20 boxes clear c7 led

17 boxes multi c9 led

100 boxes clear mini

8 trees @5$ each to create my Holdman tree line (I can't wait, I'm going to assemble one right now!!! :D )

25 boxes Red mini

32 boxes Green mini (what a surprise since I had bought them out the day after Christmas)

15 boxes clear on white wire minis

10 boxes purple on white wire minis

8 boxes red c9 strings

In total I spent $435.72 today. Making my grand total purchases for 2008 after Christmas season..... UM 830.00 and I Grabbed a total of 49570 lights WOW. Now I'm glad I started my savings account. Holdman tree line, here i come :D

I hope to post pics later of what I got :D Now is a good time to take the inventory. I'll see just how much I need for next years display. I may want to go back and get like 100 boxes of clear... only $30... right ? :D

So like, when I want lights here in, say April or May, then I can count on all of you to be willing to sell me some, right? ;)

Only reason I say is my WalMart is out of everything but clear and multi and I need green and red but I want to wait for awhile for things to settle down a bit (moving, work and family).

I was there today and the shelves are LOADED. It's 75% off...and I don't know how they're getting rid of stock. I asked a cashier and she said that they will just keep raising it till most is gone...but there's still a TON of stuff. I bought some LEDs today for like $2.50. She said she's seen it at 85% off before...I'm sure hoping! I'm not buying anymore till I see a raise!

Went over today and bought some more lights was able to pick up 100 boxes of white cord in various colors. They even had purple lights which I hadn't seen before.

I did a total and I ended up with 33,000 lights. They still have a ton of lights there I wonder if they will keep cutting the price until they sell out?

They even had purple lights which I hadn't seen before.

Usually they don't get very many purple so they're usually gone before xmas...

(last year i even got lucky & found some white-wire purples at one store which

are even more rare than the purple/green)

I wonder if they will keep cutting the price until they sell out?

Lowest i've seen the stores here go to is 80% off

Went over today and bought some more lights was able to pick up 100 boxes of white cord in various colors. They even had purple lights which I hadn't seen before.

I remember several years when purple was about the only color on white wire (at least at the clearance sales). I thought it was the most plentiful color to be found in the white wire sets. It's odd to me because I don't really know what they think people will do with purple bulb white wire sets. I'm thinking about making some Halloween trees with them.

TED

Edited by TED

I was there today and the shelves are LOADED. It's 75% off...

She said she's seen it at 85% off before...I'm sure hoping!

I've never seen 80 or 85% at walmart. They've always gone from 75 strait to 90%. I've seen Hobby Lobby and Kmart do weird percentages.

TED

Edited by TED

i would love to find some purple on sale. i might wait for Halloween to roll around