Just doesnt make sense you cant he honest

but if i pasted a copy of an email i got showing you all a sale that would be ok.LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL so many rules

If the email about the sale were private communications intended only for you, that would be bad form. I just had a vendor recently contact me about a private matter that they don't want released publicly for a time, for example.

But chances are if you're emailed about a sale, it's a public mail, going out to hundreds of people, also posted on their website, etc.

Just a little common sense usually helps with these issues :)

-Tim

P.S. Disclaimer -- I didn't see the email you posted so I have no idea how 'private' it really was.

Besides, everyone by now knows the CDI LED's had problems. Everyone knows Paul has recalled them, and everyone knows some are unhappy with having to pay shipping to ship them back, and get product from the same factory. There's no need to keep beating the poor horse, he died weeks ago... If GM recalls your vehicle, you're unlikely to get them to pay for your time and gas money to drive it back to the dealership, nor are you likely to get them to give you a car made in a different factory instead... Even if you paid $50K for it...

-Tim

Yeah but with GM you will still have a warranty and service down the road (unless they go bankrupt)... There are several unanswered questions about the replacements so if anyone wants to send me quite a few I'll put em thru the paces..none of that inside testing though..

Guest jmulls

Yeah but with GM you will still have a warranty and service down the road (unless they go bankrupt)... There are several unanswered questions about the replacements so if anyone wants to send me quite a few I'll put em thru the paces..none of that inside testing though..

Provided you bought a GM car with a warranty... did these Lights have a warranty?

ago... If GM recalls your vehicle, you're unlikely to get them to pay for your time and gas money to drive it back to the dealership, nor are you likely to get them to give you a car made in a different factory instead... Even if you paid $50K for it...

-Tim

Um Tim.. ( sorry to sidetrack for a half a second)

you forgot one little important part, on automotive recalls. You still do not get a new vehicle, they fix the one you bought and send you on your way...... :eek:

we now return to the regularly scheduled program already in progress....

Um Tim.. ( sorry to sidetrack for a half a second)

you forgot one little important part, on automotive recalls. You still do not get a new vehicle, they fix the one you bought and send you on your way...... :eek:

we now return to the regularly scheduled program already in progress....

To muddy the waters a bit, some states (such as California, where I live) have lemon laws where the manufacturer can be compelled to take the car back under certain circumstances and refund the purchase price (less usage), sales or use tax, registration, etc.

well the bottom line with CDI is this i have seen many a post saying "oh paul is so good for doing what hes doing for people" Well the fact is everyone could have sent back there lights for a full refund within 90 days and most didnt. If everyone did that where would he be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well the bottom line with CDI is this i have seen many a post saying "oh paul is so good for doing what hes doing for people" Well the fact is everyone could have sent back there lights for a full refund within 90 days and most didnt. If everyone did that where would he be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think most of us knew there was a problem in the first 90 days. I took out a few strings that tested fine when my order first arrived. I did not unpack most of them until late October.

Pshort - All 50 States have lemon laws. They apply to vehicles only. In my State (and I got to imagine all States), the manufacturer or seller has the right to remedy before return. In Maryland, it's three attempts to resolve the problem.

CDI has offered a remedy.

I have a similar issue with another ID (internet direct) company over a subwoofer and bad amplifier. It's part of the price you pay doing business this way. To totally shield yourself, go to the nearest box store. I'm not saying its right, but it is what it is.

Just doesnt make sense you cant he honest..... Ok, lets take a look at this entire thread and tell me that all of the views are honest or are some of them trying to provoke others? This is the reason why threads get shut down. Threads that can be cleaned up by Chuck most of the time come back for public viewing and posting. Some are so way off track, that there is no saving them. But Chuck is the only one that makes the choice on whether a thread gets deleted.

As for Chucks absence, I can only assume he is busy putting together PLUS2009. Maybe this is why he has not gotten back to you quickly.

Look around you, this world is made up of rules and laws for everthing including Planet Christmas. You signed up on this forum agreeing to the 3 simple rules. I might not agree with all of it at times but as a moderator, I must follow the same rules as you do here as a guest on Planet Christmas.

As for the vendors, each vendor carries their own warranty policy and return policy. I would suggest everyone review these before buying a product.

I think Paul is limited by what the factory is willing to do. I am not eligible for the free upgrade to the replacements due to buying during the odd lots sale and not the original pre order. However when I contacted Paul myself he did offer me a solution. I am not going to say what it was, as that is between Paul and his customers. However I did not take the offer myself because

a: The next major competing brand did not look as good in the C7 size bulb (brighter and better viewing angle).

b: Although Paul's pre order prices for retrofit bulbs are much lower than I have seen elsewhere, for me they are still beyond what I can afford at this time.

I have rebuilt my rectifiers and will better weatherproof them for next year. And while I would have hated to pay for shipping back, anytime I have ordered something online and it was defective I always have to pay for shipping back. I am sure if the factory had offered to pay return shipping Paul would have passed that on to us.

The bottom line is you need to contact Paul personally instead of just posting in the forum.

Sure hope everyone is getting the negativity out of their system.

Let me remind all of the three PlanetChristmas rules:

Positive, family friendly and Christsmas centric.

There are plenty of other places on the Internet to go negative on people and companies. PlanetChristmas is not one of them.