Shipping LEDs back to CDI.

I'm sure someone will set me straight here, but if the LEDS are being shipped back because they are defective why isn't the vendor picking up the shipping? It is not the buyers fault the vendor shipped defective merchandise. When my company shipped product that had an issue from the manufacturer we always sent a UPS call tag for the merchandise and then we dealt with the manufacturer for the return shipping.

I dont understand this either. Especially with the reports of smoke and fire. This is defective product with serious possibility of harm to the users property or even worse the possibility of burning a house down and worse killing someone. The point that people are actually selling these to other people because they cant afford to send that back is extremely scary. I hope and pray no one who purchases these second hand is harmed by the future use of these defective stings. This product should have had a 100% recall, return, and replacement at no cost to the buyer.

I'm curious, has CDI put out a public statement stating that "under no circumstances, are you to use these LED strings"?

Edited by ChrisL1976

I'm curious, has CDI put out a public statement stating that "under no circumstances, are you to use these LED strings"?

Since they are still selling the LED Strings that catch fire( or they were when I purchased some in mid- November) I doubt they have told anyone to quit using them, But I am curious if an official recall of a hazardous product has been put in place?

I seem to remember an issue with FedEx last year...now, what was it??? Oh, yes. They shipped a packed addressed to ME (in Miami) to CALIFORNIA! :P

Ha! Yeah I remember that one. I guess that tree of yours wanted to tour the country before it got to you.

**also a reason I'm trying to get my stuff down and out as quickly as possible, though

Each of my large bushes was supposed to have 15 strings of the LEDs and a string of strobes on top of them this year. When I was finished undecorating just one of them, I counted, and discovered that I had taken 19 strings off before I even got to the strobes (these 19 were spares put on when the originals went out). Then I had the 15 still to go! Another bush had 12! The one I just did I think had 16. And I still have 4 more to do.

I'm sure someone will set me straight here, but if the LEDS are being shipped back because they are defective why isn't the vendor picking up the shipping?

Being in the shipping business and seeing people gripe almost daily, I can tell you that, though I'm not happy to have to pay shipping either, it is the normal way of handling things for almost all businesses. I'd say maybe about 98% of these types of dealings with returns are paid by the customer, with the vendor paying to return the fixed or new item to the customer.

Does that make it right? That's not for me to say, and it's up for debate. But that is the way it is, and I'm not going to argue with it because I want LEDs that work when they come back.

How is the Mini 9?? Did you run your show from it by chance?

*** temp subject sidetrack****

So far I love it, its exactly what my wife and I wanted. Just dont expect a super duper powerful machine, but great for most web surfing and emailing and its so small you can easily travel with. We also use it on the patio. The keyboard takes a bit to get used to being so compact...

Not runnng my show with it as I use a DC MP3, BUT I did do some of my testing with it! I was also streaming video from it a few times this season. You can see it on a crate when I was testing the megatree for the first time..

***we now return back to the regularly scheduled program already in progress...***

Edited by mnkyboy
fix spelling before Chuck sees it...

Just a shipping update. My return arrived at CDI this morning, only took 6 days from Canada! I think I will use DHL more often. As a side note, I spoke with the receiver yesterday at DHL and they've stopped all the domestic shipping within the US but continue to do international.

I dont understand this either. Especially with the reports of smoke and fire. This is defective product with serious possibility of harm to the users property or even worse the possibility of burning a house down and worse killing someone. The point that people are actually selling these to other people because they cant afford to send that back is extremely scary. I hope and pray no one who purchases these second hand is harmed by the future use of these defective stings. This product should have had a 100% recall, return, and replacement at no cost to the buyer.

90% of our LED netlights were dead on arrival... the others we got.. simple 100 count 5mm LED's worked at first... but gradually 2 strings per week went dead. We were lucky that 5mm look so much like incandescent bulbs (reds and golds) we were able to make quick substitutions with incandescents and nobody could tell except occassionally on dimming fades, the incandescents were more responsive to dimming then the LED's. Fixing to ship all mine back myself.

Just a shipping update. My return arrived at CDI this morning, only took 6 days from Canada! I think I will use DHL more often. As a side note, I spoke with the receiver yesterday at DHL and they've stopped all the domestic shipping within the US but continue to do international.

DHL just shipped a Newegg order to my home. Is this recent?

I think the problems with the CDI LEDS has been beaten to death in many other threads. This thread is about the return shipping of them, before it disappears can we bring it back on track and discuss return shipping? After all someone may discover a super cheap shipping company and then we can all benefit. ;^)

DHL just shipped a Newegg order to my home. Is this recent?

I heard some rumblings of this in the news just prior to Christmas but didn't pay much attention until a previous post pointed out the change. Probably a change in progress.