Free LED Message Sign: Newbies Only

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I do live in New York state north of Buffalo. My season starts when I can work outside without my boots,gloves and coveralls. If my garage/workshop was finished and heated, I would be working on new decorations and fixing old ones year round. The project I will be working on this year will be a single one, a working train and tracks. The one that is on PC is similar to what I want but my designs are somewhat different. When I am done it will have about a quarter mile of track and ten cars. Eventually it will be over a half mile throughout my 4 acres.

Now that I have a new sign to play with(thanks Randy) I will be making an enclosure for it to make it possible to use it outside. If I can't, then I have a large window in my house.

Once the warmer weather comes, I have to make more storage space for all my new Christmas goodies. Last September I went to a yard sale that advertised all decorations. My wife had to talk me into going

(believe that??). We got to this house and my jaw dropped to the ground. I was in heaven. This lady had all kinds of goodies. Jokingly, I asked her how much for everything. She looked around a bit, looked at me and said with a smile $300.00? I could not get the words out of my mouth. My wife said we will take it ALL!! Three pickup loads(including the back seat) piled 2 feet over my roof later we had it all. She said on the last load that she was selling everything while her husband was out of town because they were getting divorced. Needless to say I hauled donkey out of there.

Goes to show you what a yard sale could yield.

I use my cold weather now time for repairs and buying clearance goodies. I also have all you wonderful PC people out there to pick your brains to help me with what I need to know.

Pray for a early spring all!!!

Steve

All right, Steve.....Just got your package ready to go, and will drop off at FedEx this morning....

Here is the FedEx tracking number so we can all watch it go from San Diego to New York.....

Congratulations again!!!

Randy

Thanks again Randy. I saw the truck fly past my house, backup, and turn down the side road. I live on the corner and my driveway is on the side road. Met Fedex at the door and ran to the couch. Its a pretty cool sign. It took me 1 hour to figure it out(no instructions). So heres my first message on the sign....

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear it arrived okay....Sorry about the instructions. I looked for quite a while and couldn't find them. But....they were written by someone from China evidently, and probably wouldn't have done you very much good from a translation perspective.

I was able to figure out the remote after awhile, so I'm hoping that you will be able to as well....

Glad you can now enjoy it......Randy

You mean you tried to find the instructions but found...nothing?

:P

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear it arrived okay....Sorry about the instructions. I looked for quite a while and couldn't find them. But....they were written by someone from China evidently, and probably wouldn't have done you very much good from a translation perspective.

I was able to figure out the remote after awhile, so I'm hoping that you will be able to as well....

Glad you can now enjoy it......Randy

Hi Chuck,

An issue of semantics and there you are!!!!! Good to hear from you....

Yes, I looked for the instructions and couldn't find them. But I didn't feel too bad because they weren't very useful. However, they did have a table, if I remember, of some of the graphics symbols you can use with the sign, so for that reason it would be nice to find them.

So I'll continue to look for the instruction document, and see if it turns up. Who knows what I'll find in this room. Maybe something else to give away!!!!

i am 13 and this is my first year 2008 and i am using 18 channles and i bought every thing my self here is my link to youtube of my display http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNC_htDK2is&feature=channel_page

Really nice work. I did not really start decorating until I was twice your age and now I'm in deep. If you did that and really like it, you'll be synchronizing the state. The older generation welcomes the next.