I just want to let everyone know that select walmart stores just went 90% off

All Large Boxes are $1 and all small boxes are $.25 or $.15.

The one near my home had a ton of LEDs left. Get them before they are gone.

Before heading to your local walmart, call and ask to speak to the garden department. Ask what % off their holiday decorations are. Some are still 75%. The reason you need to ask for garden, is because I have found that often the people up front don't know what the current % really are. You may also want to ask what kind of lights they have left.

Happy New Year

Chuck

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came from my Walmart and they are still 75% which is a great bargain and they had about 8-10 cases of red and multi minis

I asked the guy when he thought they might go to 80 or 90% and he said he doubted they would do that that the store usually throws it all in the dumpsters and writes it off for the year - yikes!

I just came from my Walmart and they are still 75% which is a great bargain and they had about 8-10 cases of red and multi minis

I asked the guy when he thought they might go to 80 or 90% and he said he doubted they would do that that the store usually throws it all in the dumpsters and writes it off for the year - yikes!

My walmart said the same thing yesterday. I sure would like to stumble across that dumpster.;) I can't believe they would rather trash them then got some type of money for them.:rolleyes:

it's really sad to think about all those lights in the dumpster but imagine if some news media found out that Walmart was contributing to adding about 300-400 unused rolls of wrapping paper into local landfills

at least Target gives it all to Goodwill for the tax writeoff, the problem is that goodwill will actually raise the price of the item from the last price Target was selling it at

just got off the phone with the Walmart that has gobs and gobs of lights.... (no LED's I got them all :D :D ) The lawn and garden guy has been there for +10 years and they have never done more than 75% before. But he also said they have never had so many lights before. He told that they would likely throw them all away.... We're talking about 100+ cases of lights (over 25,000 clear and multi) If they would just come down in price, I'd buy them all just to be inviromentally friendly... Hum... 100cases x $.25/box = $625 that's it.

Never mind I have no place to store them... or the fact that I've already spent +$1000 on next years display. Or, that I have over 600+ boxes here at the house already. and and... :eek:

My name is Clyde. And, I'm a Christmas Decoration shop-a-holic. I've been spend-free for 6 days :( But I'm broke.

WalMart HAS done 90% off in the past...not sure if they will do it this year though. If y'all want to get them for the 90% off, buy them now and take them back next week and then rebuy them. Kind of a pain but you can still get the discount that way. Also keep in mind they will continue to discount them even if they have NO inventory all the way down to 90% before they get them out of the system. They usually keep them in the system until March.

My walmart said the same thing yesterday. I sure would like to stumble across that dumpster.;) I can't believe they would rather trash them then got some type of money for them.:rolleyes:

This makes things so much easier! I don't even have to in the store to see if there are any good deals!

I just hit up my local Walmart and they are still 75% and the shelf tags say until 1/15, I talked to the manager and asked if he would make a deal for the rest of the mini's he had, he told me to come back next wednesday and he would see about it. I was planning on offering him 25 cents per box if I cleaned off the shelves, was about 700 boxes on the shelf, probably what I will offer him when I go back next Wednesday, hopefully they still have some.

An employee told me that some Wal-Mart managers will let you make an offer on their Christmas leftovers. (not including wire reindeer tho...They return them for store credit, or so he said)

The store employee said to be sure and talk to the dept. manager if they are available and if not, try the store manager.

He said you must take it all , that you can not pick out only things you want.

He also said, once it hits the trash that they will not let anyone have any of it, that they actually keep "guard" over it, whatever that means...I didn't ask.

I Can Not confirm the accuracy of anything the employee told me but I thought I would pass the info on, just in case anyone here would like to give it a go.

Good luck !!! I hope some of you are successful with this !!!

yea, I'm with ya Steve. But, I think most big-box retailers have a :eek: trash compactor :eek: to help save space in the dump truck! So chances of finding lights that are not crushed are slim to none! But hay, I guess I could always make an offer for the remaining inventory! Think my paycheck would be enought to keep it out of the land fill. Afterall, I could make 500+ sets more of GREEN, BLUE, RED, PINK, and ORANGE :D

Rich, I hope that works out for you !!! If you can get just the lights that would be awesome !!!

It is apparent by the various posts here, that each Wal-Mart is different with how they handle things.

Maybe with so many minis leftover this year, they see the sense in letting someone have what they want for a good price instead of the dumpster getting it all for free.

Again, good luck with getting the lights !!!

I just hit up my local Walmart and they are still 75% and the shelf tags say until 1/15, I talked to the manager and asked if he would make a deal for the rest of the mini's he had, he told me to come back next wednesday and he would see about it. I was planning on offering him 25 cents per box if I cleaned off the shelves, was about 700 boxes on the shelf, probably what I will offer him when I go back next Wednesday, hopefully they still have some.

Crush?? Smash, compact, destroy the lights etc???

Oh My !!! Fellows, I bet you are right...

(Referencing my above post---..The entire sentence the employee said to me about guarding the trashed items was .."We guard it until we do it all in"...

I wish now I had asked him what he meant, but after he worded it that way I thought he was a nutcase, so I quickly ended our little chat. LOL

Just got back from my closest Walmart, they are still at 75% off and still have tons of lights. 50, 100, 400 strands, not to mention icicle light. No LED's though.

I ended up buying four red, green, blue and white, to play with this summer at .60 a box.

after reading this earlier ran to the one I know has a load left. Still 75% with no intention of dropping lower. And yes, they will be dumping what is left. Asked when so I can dumpster dive! manager just laughed. Actually I offered to pay 90% off while they are taking down the rest on the way to the garbage. We'll see if he calls...

I ended up buying four red, green, blue and white, to play with this summer at .60 a box.

You're Walmart still has red and green??? I thought I purchased the very last supply of these colors nation wide :D I got like 5 cases of each... Look out richard Holdman :D I'm comming for you buddy :D