Still 75% off Christmas items as of 10:45AM on Friday 01/09/09 at Walmart Supercenter 24 hour locations in Post Falls, Idaho and Spokane Valley, Washington.......I was lazy this time so I just called but the department clerk I spoke to kinda implied it was going 90% soon, so I'll be driving out there tonight at midnight. Both locations drop prices at the same day and times for other holiday clearances, I've observed this with Halloween this year.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the "dontation thing" last year. They were willing to help, but needed to start sometime in October. It takes a month to go through the process.

You know, I've been thinking about these lights way too much. I decided to take an inventory of what I had. It totaled 32 cases of mini lights alone :eek: And why is it that I need more?

That way you can plug them in and keep the house warm.

Nope our Walmarts are still 75% off. Although all of the Walmarts here in Utah Valley have been cleared out of lights. The only things left are some ornaments and other nic nacks. I was able to score about 4,000 lights at 75% off over there this past Monday though. :D

Not much left at any of the Walmarts here in the Appleton, WI area. I picked up a couple cases of Red, Green , and clear mini 100's the day after at 50% and there were not many left. In seeing the 75% and 90% off posts I checked with all of them Wednesday and two of the three had no mini 100's left in those three colors. The third said he had a few left so I stopped after work and got another case each of Red, and Green @ .60 a box. Might check Menards after work as they had some numbers left, but as far as LED's go pretty scarce any where around here. I also know Target had cases of clear mini 100's last week end, along with lots of the Philips brand in colors but even at 75% off still a buck. I tell you what though, some people will have bright roof lines next year because all of the Walmarts on the day after had cases on cases of clear C7 LED's left and now there are none. I made a comment to my wife they really missjudged those at that time. At 75% of $11.88... that less than $3 per box really moved them. Just a couple years back you could go anyplace and get a skid for .25 a box a couple weeks after Christmas. Now we have some of the local big boxes say the buyers have really cut back on numbers so they aren't giving them away. And Fleet Farm refuses to drop to 50% on LED's. I bought 20 sets of Green and Red C6's at 25% off $7.99 on the 26th, about $6 a box and they are still only down to 4.90. Most of there other stuff is 50 and that's probably why they have so much left.

Lenny

Hey guys, those of us who will be running over to their local walmart at midnight tonight, please post back here and let us know if things at marked at 90%.........It'll be a lot of help to us on the west coast if the east coasters let us know :D Got to love the 3 hour time difference:rolleyes:

I get the run-around every time :D "no we don't do that..." "... after 15 years of working at this Walmart in the lawn and garden I've never seen... Bla bla bla"

I can ask all I want, but they still don't tell me :D Besides, if they knew I was secretly plotting to purchase the entire remaining 1,000,000,000 boxes of lights they have left, they might crush them to make me mad :P I still don't know what I would do with them...

I just got off of work an that walmart is 1 hour away. I was hoping someone else posted weather they went or not. If so, I'll drag my but out of bed early early tomorrow and finish stocking up :D

My Walmart in La. was still 75% friday.Tried talking the store manager into making a deal for the leds that were left but no go.There were about 50 boxes of the teardrop all multi & about 30 of the mini leds all multi because I got the last 4 blue.

Dang I wanted them all.Oh well so far I have about 65 boxes I got after Christmas.12 boxes @ 50% & the rest @ 75%. Still a good deal if I say so myself:)

I just spoke to "Joe" the night time manager at Walmart. He said that they will not be going to 90% off. And that there are zero lights left :eek: I replied that I had talked to someone yesterday and they told me there was still a whole bunch of lights available. But Joe said, "nope, we don't have any."

Hum.... I wonder if this manager is like the managers that work for my company... too lazy to look. He didn't seem too friendly either. Oh well, maybe I'll still get up early and go tomorrow.

Still 75% off Christmas items as of 12:45AM on Monday 01/12/09 at Walmart Supercenter 24 hour locations in Post Falls, Idaho and Spokane Valley, Washington.......I must say I am really tired of going to walmart now.......On the up side they now have signs posted that say 75% off from Jan 2 through 14, now it doesn't say what happens after the 14th though, either it goes 90% or it's getting trashed seems like a real waste though to trash them. I'll need to find out:(

Edited by DEALHUNTER

Like I really need anymore! I wish they would just end it and get it over with.

I hear you. Unfortunately I need to do my shopping today. I have visitors coming and need to restock the food on my shelves. I have restocked my light supply 10 times over. I know I don't really need more, but it will be nice to not have to purchase any next year. But who am I kidding :P I'll need more red and green next year.

As I said in another post... I wish it were the end of January and all this clearance stuff was done... Then I could get on with my life haha :P

I went to Walmart this morning at 6AM and they were still at 75% off. I found a manager while heading up to the service desk and ask her if she would sell me 6 cases of lights at 90% off. At first she said no. As I was walking away she called me back and said to get what I needed and she would give them to me for 90% off. Picked up 2 case of C9 LEDs, 2 cases of C4 LEDS and two cases of minis(mixture of red, green, blue and white). They still have a ton of lights left.

I went to Walmart this morning at 6AM and they were still at 75% off. I found a manager while heading up to the service desk and ask her if she would sell me 6 cases of lights at 90% off. At first she said no. As I was walking away she called me back and said to get what I needed and she would give them to me for 90% off. Picked up 2 case of C9 LEDs, 2 cases of C4 LEDS and two cases of minis(mixture of red, green, blue and white). They still have a ton of lights left.

There wasn't an LED to be had around here by Christmas, let alone the after*

*(Thee were a couple at Smart & Final, but they flickered like crazy when tested in the store)