LED Holiday Lighting 2009 Pre-Sale

Travis - I noticed a pricing error on the C9 retro bulbs. Your PFD show the purple bulbs at $1.00 each and the web site has them at $1.10 each. Which price is the correct one? Since I found the error, do I get a prize????:D

Also, the C9 spools are only availabel in Green, right? And you order them by the number of sockets you want, correct? :confused:

Another question - On the C9 spools, what's the max length you can use with the C9 retro bulbs? I'm guessing a 64' run of SPT2 C9 (with all retro LED bulbs) would be fine, right? :confused:

Last question for now...how do you terminate the C9 spools? I'm sure it's a cut end to the wire and insulation, so how do you seal that up and prevent shorts/etc. Do you just use a female end or is there an end cap?

Thanks Travis. I'm looking forward to seeing the icicle light prices on Friday. :P

$1/bulb for the purple is right, I will fix that when I update the PDF with the rest of the pricing.

With incandescents (7w) you could only put 100 (or so) on a 100ft strand of 12" space or 200 (or so) on a 15amp outlet. With the retros (.96w) you can put 7 retros on a strand to the 1 incandescent bulb. You can "conceivably" put around 1300 retro bulbs on 1 15amp outlet give or take for what else that outlet is being used for. On commercial properties I decorate I never would do that, but you get the idea of the cost savings and flexibility.

C9 spools are only available in green and yes order is by number of sockets. Easier to custom cut instead of thinking feet as there are several options like 15" spacing and 18" spacing.

As for terminating I am sure everyone does it a little different, personally cut the wires so they are a part and just put electrical tape on the end. Some people will put a female quick plug on there.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm with Travis on the C9 strands. I actually cut them and use liquid electrical tape. This is mainly because I animated my strands. Because of that, there was no need to add something else to the strand.

Max-Paul, also remember there is a length of cord between the first bulb and the plug. I think the C6's I have are 12 inches, and there is a length between the last bulb and the female end. On the website Travis has listed the total length of the entire string.

With the half wave lights, the only ones I used this year were my icicles, only because that was all Travis offered last year. They were one piece construction. The lights did excellent with LOR and all their animation effects. The lights themselves were warm white. I will say this, they were much dimmer then the full wave lights, but that was too be expected, but at the same time, the lights looked a little on the greenish side. Other then that, they were fantastic and I will continue to use them.

I don't have colored LED icicles but any time you use an LED you are going to see a difference in the color. Take a look at a video of mine from this year. The mini trees are LED's. The lights on the bushes, the roofline and the icicles are also LEDs. The lights on the Mega tree, ground and mini mega trees are all incadescents. You can judge.

Last year when I ordered these I got them in early June...i think.

All the LED products we carry stringers/retros have been tested on both LOR and AL and work with out any issues.

As for the ship date, because we are having our sale go through 3/15/09 the product will be delivered to you end of July first part of August.

Travis, Any update on the 35L full wave lights yet? I see you updated the 1/2 wave. I hope you'll have the full wave available. Just trying to figure out what I need, glad to see you pushed the order date back too gives me time see what I need to restring me animated wire frames. Any chance LED rope light might make it in the pre-sale?

Edited by Rod R

Soon I promise. I can tell you they are 100L, 22 drops per strand at 6" spacing per drop, 6" inch lead/tail. Drop Sequence: 3-5-4-6-3-5-4-6-3-5-4-6-3-5-4-6-3-5-4-6-4-6, 3" between bulbs. Will be available in all colors as well. Custom color combinations are possible e.g. Blue/Pure White Mix. Please email me for anything like that.

I'll post as soon as they are up and the PDF is updated. Thanks!

Travis,

I see cool white and sun white C9 retros in your sale. Are you not offering warm white? I was hoping to run a row of warm white C9's above the warm white icicles I bought from you last year.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill ever since the Sun White came out two years ago, I have only ever had anyone buy the Sun White (as opposed to the warm white in the retros). The "Warm White" in the retros is a more yellow whereas the Sun White is about as close as a match to the incandescent clear as there is. In this picture http://picasaweb.google.com/travis.fremming/2007Lighting#5146044091212912082 the house has the Sun White on the roof lines and the trees have incandescent mini's. The Sun White will match what the stringer manufacturers call warm white. Thanks!

Travis - What is the lighted length of the icicles again? From the info you posted above "3-5-4-6-3-5-4-6-3-5-4-6-3-5-4-6-3-5-4-6-4-6" I'm guessing it's 10.5' Is that correct?

And you're saying that the Sun White LED's are closer to the incandescent white color than the Warm White?

Ok I'm confused again.

Compared to your single-piece 1/2 wave lights that you sold last year...

this year I can choose betweeen 1/2 wave two piece that some people say aren't as bright, or full wave single-piece that people are saying are brighter than last year's single-piece 1/2 wave?

Also - Are the C9 retro dramatically brighter than your C7 commercial?

Thanks!

The Sun White is as close as a match as possible as I've seen to incandescent clear and "warm white" stringer color.

There are some sample 1/2 wave strands floating around I can send them to different people as requested. I think you'd be more than surprised at the quality of the strands.

The C7 and C9's are quite a bit brighter than the stringers as there are 3 (c7) and 5(c9) leds in the retros vs. the 1 in the stringers.

The Icicle Lights total length is 11.5ft lit wire is 10.5ft I hope to have the pricing up very shortly. Thanks!

All the LED products we carry stringers/retros have been tested on both LOR and AL and work with out any issues.

As for the ship date, because we are having our sale go through 3/15/09 the product will be delivered to you end of July first part of August.

For those of us that will be @ PLUS end of July - beginning of August, can we make arrangements for the product to be delivered... say mid-August? I don't think I would want boxes sitting on my door-step while I'm in Lousville.

Like sparks, I am new here and to the world of LED lights. Though I have done some reading.

But, could someone answer this for me. Am I to understand that the spacing between the LEDs on the strings are 4"? And if I want to figure the length of a string I would multiply number of LEDs with 4" and come up with the proper length? Example 70L * 4 = 280" or 23' 4"?

Thanks

Max

That is correct max...just multiple the spacing x the light count and that will give lighted length (divide by 12 to get feet)!!

This is not correct. On a string of 70 lights there are only 69 spaces between all the lights. Imagine a string of only two lights 4 inches apart - the total lighted length is only 4 inches. To the lighted length you need to add the length of the two tails to get the total length of the string.

Thanks elmochamp,

Both I and the replier to my question were working in rough numbers. I mean there is also the lead in length and the lead out length to be percise. I was sloppy in my question about the over all length and I suppose I should have said "In a 70L string. Is the over all length 69 * 4" ?". But thanks for keeping us honest.

Max

A much easier way to know the length is to just read the description of the product in question. Minus the lead and tail wire.

I assume some of you are looking at the PDF, but there are also all listed on the site as well with description.

Hope it helps.

Roman