late teardown?

has anyone tore there lights down late like after jan. 8th?

i probably wont be able to teardown for the next week or so because this is my 2nd case of strept throat in the past 3 months...

im just worried about my neighbors getting angry with me and saying something?

We are partially torn downright now. More will come down this weekend, but I'm expecting not just this weekend but another full weekend of tear down aft this one.

All in all for about a 10 day set up, I'm expecting at least 6 - 8 days of tear down. The ETA for our last day is at least January 18th maybe even January 25th before everything is out of the yard. :(

I haven't even started yet due to a business trip. The temps are supposed to be below 0 in a couple of days for the high. It might be Februaury by the time I get everything down lol. All my neighbors are at work during daylight hours anyway so they wont even see what is up or down.

Shaun

Our last night is tonight because of troops returning from two Christmases in Iraq. Tear down will start tomorrow and the big stuff will be out of the yard by Sunday or Monday. Then I'll do the roof, mega tree and windows.

Marilyn

I work so many odd shifts at the restaurant. It is hard getting the day to get everything down. I did get everything out front off the lawn, but it's too dangerous to get on the roof to get the reindeer down or the I/C lights down. Other than that, it's basically done. I have a tone of extension cords to lift up. But, that will have to wait till we thaw out :(

Depending on the weather and temps things might come down by Feb, or they may be up until April!

My icicle lights on the roof will definitely stay up and on until at least mid-March, when we really get our daylight back here.

this year i had to tear down most of my display this year do to some wind and rain and a record snow fall 79' so far this year!! so i took everthing down that is on the grass, but i still have lots of Lights out one day maybe next week i should be able to take the rest down we are getting some sun!!!!

I have yet to tear down as well, But I will start tomorrow, and hopefully be done by the end of next week. But the lastest I have started tear down was year before last i was sick and did not get to start until the end of January:eek:.

I keep mine glowing until January 15 and start after that taking things down. It took me 4 weeks to get everything up and wired, but usually takes 4 or 5 days to take down. Due to the amount of blowmolds, airblowns and wireframes that I bought at a October yard sale(divorce sale), I don't know where I will store it all.

Steve:confused:

just came in from taking down all of the front (I do the back and side yards too). All the cut outs and animated stuff along with the roof came down Monday. Anyway, the guy across the street came out and yelled at me. Seems he wanted it up due to some snow we may get tomorrow. Told me to start putting some lights back up! (his son sent me a note in a Christmas card thanking me for decorating).

we have most of the stuff in rubbermaid tubs but haven't got it stored yet.

Funny thing happened today though. I was using the ladder to take some strobes, bells, etc. down from some of the trees in the front. I would pass them to the wife waiting patiently in the cold, standing below. She took a quick break and went inside for a moment. We were almost finished anyway so I came down the ladder to rest - then I got this idea from the pratical joke-ster that dwells within.

I layed down next to the ladder. The Mrs did not come out right away so I closed my eyes and waited there.

Out she comes - never says anything and I do not see her. I do hear her running though and I'm thinking - got her. But before I could say anything - 911 was called. She see me get up laughing and hangs up immediately. Oh what a smirk I got...

One minute later, the phone rings - its the police - there on their way. She tried to explain that I was planning a practical joke on her but after calling 911 - they must come, even if you don't talk to them.

Good thing the officer that showed up had a sense of humor. We apologized - someone else could have really had an emergency. Moral of the story: a practical joke involving a ladder and the Mrs isn't funnny - at least to her :D

then I got this idea from the pratical joke-ster that dwells within.

I layed down next to the ladder. The Mrs did not come out right away so I closed my eyes and waited there.

Out she comes - never says anything and I do not see her. I do hear her running though and I'm thinking - got her. But before I could say anything - 911 was called. She see me get up laughing and hangs up immediately. Oh what a smirk I got...

One minute later, the phone rings - its the police - there on their way. She tried to explain that I was planning a practical joke on her but after calling 911 - they must come, even if you don't talk to them.

Good thing the officer that showed up had a sense of humor. We apologized - someone else could have really had an emergency. Moral of the story: a practical joke involving a ladder and the Mrs isn't funnny - at least to her :D

LOL! Your lucky because you could have got into some trouble for that :P

Anyway about half my lights are down, most inside being tested and should be able to get everything down today.

we have most of the stuff in rubbermaid tubs but haven't got it stored yet.

Funny thing happened today though. I was using the ladder to take some strobes, bells, etc. down from some of the trees in the front. I would pass them to the wife waiting patiently in the cold, standing below. She took a quick break and went inside for a moment. We were almost finished anyway so I came down the ladder to rest - then I got this idea from the pratical joke-ster that dwells within.

HAHA, thats a good one.

I have less than half my display down and starting about 20 minutes ago it now winder that heck, Weather.com says its 25-35 mph, and i would think it is on the higher side of that range. That is also going to put a hold on taredown.

-Will

This year is the latest I have ever been. All of the big stuff is out of the yard (18' tree, medium trees, lighting truss, etc.). I hauled all of that off to storage last weekend, but I paid the price for working in the rain last weekend and now I'm sick as a dog... it's lasted all week and is even worse tonight.

I am hoping to get the rest of the garland off the house tomorrow and then there won't be any evidence outside, but the garage is a disaster...

We ran our display last night; its still up. :) With the snow we are getting and the arctic blast they are calling for, I'm going to try to start tear down tomorrow. The roof won't get done until after a good thaw, but I'm hoping to get the blow molds and frames out of sight. Removing the Little Tykes houses isn't going to happen for a while though and the lights are all buried in snow. I really dislike this time of year, so bleak, cold and snowy..its the perfect time to light things up, not take things down.:(

I'll probably be taking down for the next two weekends. I don't know how you in the snowbelt do it.

Today, beautiful and sunny (of course I had to work). Tomorrow, cold (for us southern wimps) and 25-30mph winds... Just my luck.

I have to get my CDI lights down this weekend though.

I still have the lights on tonight. I wanted to get some pictures before pulling the plugs. I took some pics tonight in a snow storm. I will go out tommorow if the weather cooperates and draw some diagrams of this years display to make my life a bit easier next year. I hope to start taking things down after that. My goal is to have everything packed away by the end of the three day weekend I have next weekend. I need some cooperation from the weather though. Extention cords are frozen to the ground aftersleet and freezing rain earlier in the week followed by cold temperatures.

i probably wont be able to teardown for the next week or so because this is my 2nd case of strept throat in the past 3 months...

im just worried about my neighbors getting angry with me and saying something?

Hey if you have strept throat take it easy and get well.

Greg