GA Mini 2009

blearning

RJ Sounds exciting,

update of of today, 35 folks coming,

Those who did get the email. John was surprised he was doing a demo on radio's, he is from another group I hang out with (Telco) and somehow got on the mail list , it really is Tom that is doing the radio's and antenna's *SMILING*. BTW that John is not coming *SMILE*

Still need a welder and a wire frame bender volunteer.

those who have welding helmets bring them along, we do have a welder and will be demoing it.

if you think you want to come and have RSVPed yet there is still room at the table for you if you have the April 25th weekend free

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bill you all your planning and hard work putting all this together! I'll be there in a little over 3 weeks!

Question: I am bringing a sleeping bag to sleep in the house across the street. Does anyone have a pad I can borrow while I am there Friday and Saturday night?

RJ Sounds exciting,

update of of today, 35 folks coming,

Still need a welder and a wire frame bender volunteer.

those who have welding helmets bring them along, we do have a welder and will be demoing it.

If anyone is interested, I noticed Harbor Freight has their 90Amp Flux Wire Welder http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?itemnumber=98871&Submit=Go on sale for $89.99 with sales coupon.

They also have a tubing roller http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=99736 for $149.99.

I'm about to run out of time to get my antenna presentation together. :eek:

I have a welder here ... a welder presenter is what I meant ... I am a welder that can get stuff to stay together .. *LAUGHING*

And I have a steel bender, just someone that can do a presentation, ... *SMILE* and we have abut 60 feet of steel here for building a few things ...

22 days ... yipppppeeeee

Hey Guys,

I'm still not sure if I am going to be able to make it. Considering two things....Saturday at work is when I make some good money and I just submitted my taxes and had to $800.....AHHHH That's really going to hurt the 2009 display.

So....I bought 30,000 christmas lights for the 2009 season and I'm thinking about getting rid of a good portion of those. Is there any interest from the GA members?

I have a welder here ... a welder presenter is what I meant ... I am a welder that can get stuff to stay together .. *LAUGHING*

22 days ... yipppppeeeee

I knew that, I just meant if anyone is interested in a cheap, get by with welder so they can weld their own when they get home.

2:D days now.....

GA Mini goers, don't forget the swap meet going on at the same time. Do you have some extras you want to move out, need something.

I will start ...

Looking for red, green, blue, and clear 100 minis. Willing to pay $1.00 A box.

I've cleaned up already so there not too much here to swap except some small hand tools, drills, saws, etc.

Just finished another Express V3 with the wireless module to bring to the mini. I got the wireless finished and ready for beta. So you guys will be the first to see it in real life! you bunch of lucky guys... and gals (don't want to be sexist!) LOL

RJ

Darlene, yup sure did.

I was working on the tent today, My Grand daughter was impressed ... I had two supports up and the one end of the tarp tied to the first support, a wind came up and lifted the other end right into place ..... Like the universe was giving me a hand setting it up.

About 5 minutes later I felt a bite on my back and pulled out a little bug and squished it dead .. I didn't look at it all that much but about 20 minutes later I had an my first allergic reaction to a bite, quite impressed in itself as my body systems rushed to my defense .. OK it over reacted but it was very intense but I am feeling much better several hours later ..

Order the extra porta pottys today as well.

head ups Chris ... 38 coming

16 days DANG I had better get busy ....

NO silly ... LAUGHING ... I just ordered a couple extras to uh uhmmm let's see how can we put this ... AHHH forget it ... No everyone doesn't get there own ....

Wow, does that mean everyone get's their own? :giggle:

Hope you're doing better from the bug bite.

Edited by blearning

The neighbors have stopped by today to see how the 24 by 45 foot quanset type structure in the back yard stood up in the storm last night .... it stood up to 60 mile an hour winds last night

they are almost as excited as I am ....

I am happy to report ... it stood up very well and protected the innards just fine ... I have to power it up and network it yet but all is great ....

ALL is well and ready for a 40 plus person party to start .....

14 days to go ... Are you ready yet? I am ...

Michelle .... you will be missed for sure ...

Happy Easter ..

I have the web cam up and functioning

http://blearning.camstreams.com/

I need to adjust it a bit but it is at least functional .. I hope to have it working well enough for a Live GA MINI show ... Maybe add a few more cameras ... Yah that would be the ticket ...

BTW 15 user limit on it right now

Yah I went to supper about that time, I had seen your post though ...

It has Night vision that kicks in when the lux is low, so it turns to black and white mode. It is a pretty cool set up and I have Audio as well now ... it isn't great audio as it limits the bandwidth. It would be interesting to see motion now that I have sound being streamed as well ..

And I have to see what disk space recording will take up.

I checked out the webcam.. very nice. watched a cat walk thru the hut about 10:40pm. showed very good motion and resolution. The color is pretty washed out, but that may be due to the darkness or maybe you are just using B&W.
Edited by blearning