Light Up Ohio 2009

What date would you like for Light Up Ohio 2009?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What date would you like for Light Up Ohio 2009?

• April 25th
    • May 2nd
    • May 9th (Mother's Day Weekend)
    • May 16th

I have some more registrants for Light up Ohio they are a great bunch so let me introduce them to you first is porky and his wife petunia then is Elmer and his date Miss Piggy. Then you have Wilbur and his bff Arnold and last the bad boys of the bunch the bean bros mild and spicy

Not all the pig will becoming I have to leave some home for the family

Gregg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some more registrants for Light up Ohio they are a great bunch so let me introduce them to you first is porky and his wife petunia then is Elmer and his date Miss Piggy. Then you have Wilbur and his bff Arnold and last the bad boys of the bunch the bean bros mild and spicy

Not all the pig will becoming I have to leave some home for the family

Gregg

Man that looks good!!!

i will let you know sunday how they turned out .Right now they are smoking with hickory at about 150 and will stay that way till about 1.00.Then they will get wraped in foil and left to cook at abot 150 to 200 till about 10 tonight depending how they are going maybe longer or shorter

Gregg

Can y'all smell what is cookin' and heading to the Buckeye State??? Looks great Gregg!!

light-UP Ohio 2009 is definitely bigger and better this year. Bill has done an awesome job lining up some great presentations. Jeff has some top-notch vendors lined up as well. Gregg's BBQ has gotten some rave reviews. Tony has gathering on Friday night setup as well. Our numbers have grown this year to almost fifty with attendance from eleven different states. Everyone have a safe trip into town. If you have any questions between now and then, do not hesitate to contact Bill, Jeff or myself. If you will be attending dinner on Friday night, please let Tony know as soon as possible or let one of the three of us know and we will pass it on to him. Looking forward to meeting the new faces on Saturday as well as reconnecting with everyone else.

Well only a few days away. I'm excited !

Here are a few things for sale or trade I could bring with me. obviously I'm not going to haul all this to Columbus so shoot me an offer PLEASE!!!!

I also have a complete Empire nativity set Joseph, Mary, wisemen and shepard camel are in the original boxes donkey sheep and cow are not.

Alot od nice wood cut outs and some molds also some commercial city frames which are rather large. Save on shipping and help me make some storage space buy up I NEED A FM TRANSMITTER ......

Well only a few days away. I'm excited !

Here are a few things for sale or trade I could bring with me. obviously I'm not going to haul all this to Columbus so shoot me an offer PLEASE!!!!

I also have a complete Empire nativity set Joseph, Mary, wisemen and shepard camel are in the original boxes donkey sheep and cow are not.

Alot od nice wood cut outs and some molds also some commercial city frames which are rather large. Save on shipping and help me make some storage space buy up I NEED A FM TRANSMITTER ......

What do you want for the big Santa and the Candy Canes. How many Candy Canes do you have?? Also, I'm not expert on this but I have the full sized Nativity Scene, and have the Camel, but no other Full Sized animals. Is that Lamb for that set?

Bill

What do you want for the big Santa and the Candy Canes. How many Candy Canes do you have?? Also, I'm not expert on this but I have the full sized Nativity Scene, and have the Camel, but no other Full Sized animals. Is that Lamb for that set?

Bill

Great deal for you Bill, I went and counted theres 50 candycanes, the lamb is not a lifesize mold he's an Easter lamb. 50 candycanes-big Santa (he's huge) and two candle blow molds PM sent.

Dave

~For Light Up Ohio 2009~

We have 13 supporting vendors, and they are...

LEDHoliday Lighting - Suprtec Novelties - Winklebottom Wireframes - Colonnade Lighting - The Demented Elf - GKI Bethlehem Lighting - American Lighting - Christmas Light Show - Christmas Done Bright - Galaxia - Creative Displays - Light-O-Rama & D-Light Designs

The vendors will be offering up... new technologies - special pricing for our event - discounts - product for display, and some awesome door prizes!

Vendor support for Light Up Ohio 2009 is really amazing and we are extremely grateful to each and every one of them, and in turn, we need to support the vendors! They are offering deals exclusively for Light Up Ohio attendees.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say - that it is my distinct pleasure to announce... Carson Williams will be in attendance at our mini!

Also, if anyone is willing to make a donation for the door prizes, please bring the items along with you, thanks!

And just a reminder... the mini is at 1800 Watermark Dr - Columbus, OH 43215 - 9 AM start time.

Edited by jpohio
grammer

Thanks to all of you who have worked so hard to set this up. As a newbie to computerized displays, I'm sure I'll learn a ton from all the experts. Plus I'll probably part with some more cash (glad the wife is only going for the Friday night dinner) :D. That means I get more pre-Father's Day gifts for myself. I think I'll working on 2014 right now. :121_reindeer:

Really looking forward to Saturday.

Tks!

Joe

I would like to Thank all of the people who have volunteered their valuable time to be a presenter at Light Up Ohio 2009. It really humbles me that they are willing to share their knowledge and take the time to help other's. Personally, I have been a presenter at 2 PLUS's, and a couple of Light Up Ohio's, and people do not realize how much work and effort goes into these presentations, so please give them a pat on the back. It's hard to cover all of the great presentations in one post, so what I'm going to do is spread it out every evening until Friday. Please check back to read about our other great presenters.

I've already talked about the "Portable Hole", but now I'm ready to "JUMP" into the whole concept!!!! Walter and Jackie Monkhouse are literally Holiday Lighting legends, in our wonderful hobby, and will be attending Light Up Ohio 2009. They introduced the "Portable Hole" concept at PLUS 2003, and are "Pole-ology" experts. The idea laid dormant for 6 years, but it's been on LUO's mind ever since, and we have been thinking, "WHAT IF". LUO contacted Walter and Jackie a couple months ago, and basically got them thinking about what this concept can do. They both jumped on the challenge and for the attendees of Light Up Ohio 2009, you are about ready to "JUMP" into one of the biggest breakthroughs in our hobby, and you will see it "FIRST" at Light Up Ohio 2009.

In a few short days, Walter and Jackie will unveil for the very first time, exclusively at Light Up Ohio 2009, a device that will raise your Mega Tree (and anything else) to heights of 20 and even 30 feet high. This thing will be "Portable", and forget about the guy wires, you will not need them. Just think about the weight of all the lights you have been struggling with to raise on you Mega Tree, I mean really it's a hernia ready to happen. With this device you don't have to have all your buddies and neighbors over to help, one person can raise it easily. The mechanism has already been tested for 280 pounds, that's "30,000" minis!!!!!! I would like to stress again "THAT IS WITHOUT GUY WIRES". This thing has been tested under tremendous wind loads, I will not say how much, but Walter and Jackie will give you all of the wind stats at Light Up Ohio 2009. I know you've read all the horror stories about "Mega Tree Failure", let me set your mind at ease "this one is not coming down". If that isn't enough, the device is completely portable, so you can build several "Portable Holes", and move it from pole to pole. Also, you can build this whole system yourself from parts widely available with common everyday hand tools.

It is called "JUMP" which means "jack up mega pole". It's just like the "JUMP" drives for your computer, it is completely portable. This is something you do not want to miss, we are still taking registration at the door, and you will receive all specs for this device.

As Van Halen so nicely put it in a song "You might as well "JUMP".

Bill

We have so much going on at Light Up Ohio 2009, but for me, it's all about the learning and the sharing of ideas.

The presentations at Light Up Ohio 2009 will be second to none, and I would like to talk about a couple more of them.

David Jones has volunteered his time to help educate people at our event about FM Transmitters. A lot of people are confused about them, but David's presentation will give you the information you need to make an educated decision on what you need. This is definately not a "one shoe fits all" decision. He will cover off the shelf transmitters as well as DIY Projects. His goal will be to show the progression of the easy decisions to the harder solutions. It should be a fun and a very interesting presentation.

Another presentation at Light Up Ohio 2009 will deal with Etching your own computer boards at home. This presentation will be brought to you by Roger Phillips. I know this sounds like a daunting task, but once somebody shows you how it's done, it's not that scary. Roger is an expert at the technique, in fact he is etching David's boards for his FM Transmitters. Roger has given numerous training seminars, and is well versed on this subject. He will show you how to save lots of money by doing it yourself.

I am really looking forward to these two presentations. I started out years ago in this hobby as a do it yourselfer, and to me that's what it is still all about. Check out www.doityourselfchristmas.com, this is the site for the true DIY enthusiast.

Bill

One of the presenters at Light Up Ohio 2009 will be Tony Furst. If you need to know anything about electricity, Tony is the guy to corner at this event. Tony has graciously volunteered to do two presentations.

One of them will be on electrical safety. In our hobby, this is something that has to be shown, and as far as I'm concerned, this should be presented at every function we attend. I'm not sure what Tony has in mind for his presentation, but I'm sure he will talk about GFCI's, and how to test your cords for leakage, this discussion will make you re-think all of your safety habits. One word of advice though, if he asks you to stick your hand in water while holding onto a live wire GFCI, ummmmmm don't do it. Only kidding, I'm sure he wouldn't do that. lol

The other presentation he will be doing is all about Firefly. This product comes to us from our friends Darryl Quinn and company, at www.d-light.us . Tony will be showing us some of the amazing things this product can do. It's one of those products that will revolutionize the way we do our lighting displays. I have never seen this product in action, but have heard some wonderful reviews of it, so I am very excited to see this demonstration.

I hope to see you at Light Up Ohio 2009, we will still take registration at the door, so please drop by.

Bill