Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
iresq

Bacon Explosion - not for the weak of heart

Looking for something different for superbowl, I made this...

2 lbs of thick cut bacon

2 lbs of Italian sausage

Barbecue Sauce

Barbecue Rub

Take 1 pound of bacon and make a weave with the strips. The website says 5 x 5 but I just made mine the size of the bacon strips (was like 10" or so. )

Sprinkle the bacon with your favorite rub (for those not into barbecue, you can buy rub at the grocery store.

Spread the sausage evenly on top of the bacon weave.

Cook the remaining 1 lb of bacon to your desired doness (I prefer mine chewy). Drain and cut into small, bit sized pieces.

Place the bacon on the sausage.

Starting with the end toward you, carefully lift the sausage from the bacon weave and roll into a log.

Then wrap the sausage log with the bacon weave.

The original recipe calls for the meat to be smoked. I was being lazy so I barbecued mine. On my grill, I turned on the rear burner to low and placed the meat to the front of the grill. Pork fat is very flammable and you do not want any dripping grease to contact a flame. With my setup, my grill temperature was about 230 degrees. I cooked the meat until the internal temperature reached 155 degrees. At that point I smothered the whole thing in barbecue sauce and left it to cook until the internal temperature reached 160 degrees. Adding the sauce at the end with slow cooking allowed the sugars to caramelize and provide a nice crust.

After I removed the meat from the grill, I turned all the burners to high. This was to burn off all the pork grease. The fire was incredible but no were near as good as the finished product!

Mmmm. Pork fat.

www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html

Man, if you going to die from a food induced heart attack, that is definitely the way to go!! That sound awesome. I see a visit to the grocery store on the way home tonight.

A couple of good old KC boys developed that heart stopping receipt. KC, the place for great smoked, slow cooked BBQ.

Tried some over the weekend SB party. Not much of a fan for the italian sausage. Will try it with different sausage next time.

Haven't tried it yet. Just too cold when below freezing to do much BBQ smoking. Will have to wait for warmer weather.

WOW what a treat! :eek:

Now how do you eat something like that?

In a sandwich?

With a side of eggs?

PORK FAT RULE!

Does that come with a heart monitor or a doctor??

lol sounds good tho

Leviticus 3:16 And the priest shall burn them upon the altar: it is the food of the offering made by fire for a sweet savor: all the fat is the LORD's.

Leviticus 3:17 It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood.

Leviticus 11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Leviticus11:8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

The swine is a scavenger made to clear the earth. it has no sweat glands to filter out the posion from its blood stream, and its stomach cannot regerate its food. the swine is full of 19 different parasites. in other words (Maggots)

www.therodofiron.org

Sugar comes from two different sources. sugar beets, and sugar cane stalks. All cookies, cakes, have this sugar as a added source. The companys add a live bacteria to this sugar called ( Powdered Lime ) this is the same used in concrete materials. its also used for killing sage grass in hay fields. This bacteria lives on the amino acids, vitiamins, minerals, of our flesh body, untill they break down the structure of our organic organs. ( Liver, pancreas )over a time period disease ( live bacteria ), takes over the colon as it breaks down our red blood cells. Read on the labels what you eat and drink. All soft drinks have this same powdered lime bacterial in their products.

Sugar comes from two different sources. sugar beets, and sugar cane stalks. All cookies, cakes, have this sugar as a added source. The companys add a live bacteria to this sugar called ( Powdered Lime ) this is the same used in concrete materials. its also used for killing sage grass in hay fields. This bacteria lives on the amino acids, vitiamins, minerals, of our flesh body, untill they break down the structure of our organic organs. ( Liver, pancreas )over a time period disease ( live bacteria ), takes over the colon as it breaks down our red blood cells. Read on the labels what you eat and drink. All soft drinks have this same powdered lime bacterial in their products.

HUH?

First off, the lime used in concrete is inorganic. It's a mineral.

Second, Agricultural Lime is Calcium Carbonate, which can be found in rocks as well as Eggshells. Calcium Carbonate is used as a disinfectant (meaning it KILLS bacteria, it isn't one).

Third, Calcium Carbonate is very prevalent in water certain parts of the country. It's this mineral that makes water 'hard'.

Fourth, I just checked the label of my 5 lbs of sugar and it lists one ingredient: pure cane sugar. Any other additives MUST be listed, and there are none.

Fifth, Sugar from Sugar Beats and Sugar cane is Sucrose. It is broken down in the body into Glucose (the most important energy source the body runs on), and Fructose which the body also uses. ALL THREE are found naturally in plants.

Sixth, in sufficient quantities, sugar itself is an anti-bacterial. For example, foods can be 'cured' in sugar, much like they are in salt. This does 2 things: it draws excess water out of the food, and it creates an environment that is hostile to bacteria/viruses/etc.

Seventh, Most soft drinks in the USA are made with high fructose corn syrup and NOT sucrose. HFCS is used since it is cheaper to produce.

Eighth, I'm looking at the ingredients of a can of soda. They are: Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid (IE: Lemon Juice), natural flavors, Sodium Citrate (A salt of Citric Acid), and Sodium Benzoate - a preservative that KILLS bacteria. Also note that there is no mention of any calcium carbonate/lime.

I'm not saying that we should all go out and eat 3 bacon explosions, 10 lbs of sugar, and down a 12 pack of Coke. But your 'reasons' not to are comical at best, and borderline irresponsible at worst.

Edit: Never mind. I just looked at your website. It explains a lot.:rolleyes::giggle:

Edit: Never mind. I just looked at your website. It explains a lot.:rolleyes::giggle:

I just looked at it, too...At first I thought I was looking at mine!!!

Great...now I've got to go change my web site template. :P

I just looked at it, too...At first I thought I was looking at mine!!!

Great...now I've got to go change my web site template. :P

I just looked at it too, I'm sleeping with the lights on tonight :eek:

'm not saying that we should all go out and eat 3 bacon explosions, 10 lbs of sugar, and down a 12 pack of Coke. But your 'reasons' not to are comical at best, and borderline irresponsible at worst.

Isn't concrete mixed with water, too? Yikes! I'm crossing that off my list of things to eat and drink. From now on I'm sticking to beer. It doesn't have any...Oh, crap. :eek:

LOL...you see this came from a firefighter...LOL....fought fires and saved lives for 12 years...and GOOD GOLLY were there some good cooks in the house!

I'd forgotten about some of the loony claims and statements made on this thread. Thanks for bumping it - I needed a good laugh. :D

Funny indeed.

(bmt)