LED black-out caps

I've been doing research online. I've only been able to find black-colored black-out caps for mini lights. Why aren't white caps available for white wire?

If I can't find the proper caps, is electrical tape safe to use indoors to block out some LED lights?

I agree with Chris. Only problem would be if you where trying to block out the old filiment type bulbs. And that might have been more due to the adheisive would kind of melt and let the tape slide off of the bulb and make a sticky mess. But with LED and no heat, no problem.

Paul V.

Why aren't white caps available for white wire?

Would a white cap black out a light, or would the light color show through on a white cap?

I use a lot of color caps on strings of white M5 and M6 LEDs on the wire frames I weld up, when I need a few colored lights in sections of the wire frame.

I cover regular minis or LED minis with black electrical tape plus a cable tie to help keep the tape in place (the tape tends to come undone when outside for awhile). It works very well to block the light. I tried white electrical tape and it isn't as effective in blocking the light; there is still a visible glow...

Here's a photo of one of my covered mini lights in action....

Are there colored caps one can use on white LEDs when setting up wireframes? I really would like to build my wireframes with LED strings, but I don't think pulling different colored LED bulbs is a good option. I imagine the many different sizes would make it kind of expensive for a manufacturer to consider.

Are there colored caps one can use on white LEDs when setting up wireframes? I really would like to build my wireframes with LED strings, but I don't think pulling different colored LED bulbs is a good option. I imagine the many different sizes would make it kind of expensive for a manufacturer to consider.

I use the regular mini color caps on M5 and M6 LEDs on my wireframes.

There is one thing about this I just do not understand. At night, while the seq. is running. Who is going to see what color the blank out cap are? And even during the day, who is going to pay attention to what color the blank out caps are?

Is someone going around judging your display? Are they that picky that they would focus on something like this?

Im new, so maybe there is something to this color cordnated blank out caps that I am not aware of. Or some people get way to caught up in this issue?

Max

Who is going to see what color the blank out cap are? And even during the day, who is going to pay attention to what color the blank out caps are?

Im new, so maybe there is something to this color cordnated blank out caps that I am not aware of.

Max

Max,

In my case, the colored caps are for color changing selected white LEDs to red, blue, green, etc lights on wireframes, not for black-out use.

Max,

In my case, the colored caps are for color changing selected white LEDs to red, blue, green, etc lights on wireframes, not for black-out use.

Well John, I am addressing the original concern of the OP. And his concern is that he wants black out caps to cover a LED so that that light does not shine. But he has white wire and would like the caps to be white also. But seems to be having trouble finding them. Some have noted that the white caps are to translucent and do not block the light enough. Like if running lights from one point to another, but do not want any lights shining in between the two locations. To this I am addressing. Yours is a totally different situation.