Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Jeremy Lawton

Christmas Display Delights DVD 2008 Count

Yes I will, Infact I prefer paypal, but will take other methods also. Sorry for such a Late response about the production, I suddenly got lucky this week and caught the flu bug again with an ear ache. I am hoping to have it done very soon, it is really close! I'll keep everyone posted when I have them ready to go. So far I have 28 copies requested, is there anyone else that would like one or two?? Remember the price includes shipping and the paypal fee.

Put me down for one DVD. That's exactly what I need... something else to watch and make my wife roll her eyes.

It is exactly for this reason, that and the fact that I really do want to see it, that I would like one copy as well please. :giggle:

Yes I will, Infact I prefer paypal, but will take other methods also. Remember the price includes shipping and the paypal fee.

Let me (us) know when you want to be paid - I'll need your email address. And you'll need my street address...

One for me if you can mail it to Denmark :-)

/Kim

You want to make sure that these DVDs are not encoded with a region code. I would not think so since this is mostly used by motion picture studies to make money by releasing the movie several times; but I would inquire just the same...

The dvd is finally done! I dont know if the copy I did yesterday finished burning or not though, but its done! I thought there was one person though that was talking about submitting I will have to check with him and see if he wants to or if he will just let me go ahead and produce the DVD's without his.

You want to make sure that these DVDs are not encoded with a region code. I would not think so since this is mostly used by motion picture studies to make money by releasing the movie several times; but I would inquire just the same...

I have no problems with region coding. Both my DVD players dont care :-)

I was thinking of the extra paperwork for you to fill out when shipping overseas.

Regards

Kim

If you use a service like Endicia or other e-postage service, they can print the forms, etc for you so you don't have to necessarily stand in line to send it. My wife has an online DVD business where she sends DVDs to lots of people overseas, and all she has to do is drop off the mail in a mailbox (as long as it is e-postage).

They are doing good now. I hit many technical obstacles that slowed down the production of them greatly. But I have some available! Just a friendly reminder they are $15 for one and $25 for two copies of the DVD. You can send payment to : [email protected] through paypal. If you would like to pay with another method, please don't hesitate to send me a private message to work out another method of payment! Thanks for all the submissions and interest! And I apologize greatly for such the delay! Looking forward to the purchases, please make sure the address under your paypal account is accurate, as that is what I will use to ship the DVD's!

But I have some available!

I'm first :D

And I apologize greatly for such the delay!

I apologize for acting like the Mrs.

She's not a member here so I can say that --and get away with it)

I got mine in yesterday and had to immediately sit and watch through it. Lots of terriffic displays as always. I was suprised to see another NH display. Was that NH Dave? Also saw a fan that looked like it was built using my how-to. Cool! And noticed my arch sequence tucked in too.

There are also a couple nice Holdman inspired displays.

While this DVD may not have the polish that Greg Young's do, Jeremy did a great job transferring the videos and bringing out the colors. Definitely worth the price.

I guess my only complaint would be that the displays aren't broken down into chapters so they can be accessed directly.

Overall. Thumbs up!!

Thanks brian, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And thanks again for sending that tape twice, It looked way better on the video the second time than what I got done the first time! I tried to figure out how to do chapters with my editing software, but I could not get them to insert correctly. If I do it again in the future, that is one thing that I will add. and I may offer them on Bluray in 1080I HD. But thats something well down the road, I thought it was nice being able to just get the DVD in 5.1 dolby digital surround sound, hope everyone else was happy with their DVD's!