LED Snow

O_C_Christmas

Hi - not sure if you have seen these or not, but they are pretty exciting products. The LED Snow (Meteor) Tubes are a dramatic new element that will make an immediate impact on your display. You can check out a video of these on http://www.occhristmas.com. If you are interested, please let me know. These tubes consume less than .4 watts of power and are preprogrammed with three different snow patterns to give a mesmerizing, snow effect. Some say these tubes look like meteor lights.

Not sure if everyone knows this or not, but Travis has these for sale as well.

http://www.ledholidaylighting.com/led-snowfall-tubes.aspx

The are made by a company in Germany and for me are way to expensive. I am actually designing a system that will do the same thing and will have LOR control. If all goes to plan, the whole system, with 12 12" tubes will cost around 200 bucks. Much better on my pocket. I am just waiting for the LED's to show up from Best Hong Kong (who takes forever apparently) and I will be getting started.

Not sure if everyone knows this or not, but Travis has these for sale as well.

http://www.ledholidaylighting.com/led-snowfall-tubes.aspx

I am very familiar with the SnowFall tubes that Travis is selling, and I do not believe these are one and the same. I don't know the specific differences just yet, but since OC is local to me I dropped an e-mail hoping to get some information about them and perhaps inspect them.

The are made by a company in Germany and for me are way to expensive.

Close. The snowfall tubes are manufactured by a company in Belgium. I do not know where OC's tubes come from yet.

I am actually designing a system that will do the same thing and will have LOR control. If all goes to plan, the whole system, with 12 12" tubes will cost around 200 bucks.

I would love to discuss this with you further. Would you mind dropping me an e-mail? Lights @ GordonLights.com.

Thanks!

Fabian

Fabian you are right...they are made in Belgium...I knew it was some place over there but Germany just sprang to mind.

I plan on posting information regarding the custom made tubes, once I get going on them. I have everything but the controllers I am making and the LED's...both are coming from Hong Kong. Once things get going, I will post pictures and info.

Great to hear the feedback - sorry that it has been difficult to navigate the site - at first this was a blog I posted, then it turned into offering these for pre-order.

I will work on getting my site more navigation friendly - please do not hesitate to contact me with questions. And, Bazillion, if you want to order 100, shoot me an email and we can talk. The more you order, the better the price.

As Fabian stated, these tubes are pretty unique in that they do not always "snow" or "meteor" at the same rate. So, they are never in unison which really adds to the effect. Once Fabian picks up some samples, I am sure that he will report on what he thinks about them. I will also try to post more videos later today. But, I have to get to work now!

And, for those of us in Texas, this is about as close to Snow as we are going to get!!!

An update - the manufacturer informed me that if we can buy 500 of each size tube (30CM not included) that we will be able to take advantage of their bulk rate/minimum quantity order - the prices quoted in the group buy are for an order below 500. So, if we can reach the 500 mark it looks like the 50CM tubes will be reduced by close to $6 and for the 80CM a little under $8 per tube. I am going to post a heads up in the forum - not sure if this forum is read as much as the heads up posting.

Any questions, email me. Please be patient - I am not doing this to make money and work a full time job. Will make every effort possible to return all of the emails and questions. I am caught up to this point - but keep them coming!!!