Blow mold storage..

Carrie Sansing

Very impressive Carrie! I wouldn't mind having a few of those too! How about your basement and attic? Would it be possible to put up one of those portable garage sized shelters?

Randy, unfortunately we don't have a basement..we have a 5 foot crawl under the house and access is extremely difficult (what were they thinking in 1951? They put the access to the crawl in my son's bedroom closet! Grrr..) Attic is full of indoor decorations so that's not an option.

I was thinking about one of those portable things, but I'm afraid the weather and the amount of snow we get would destroy it. I'm going to look into though and see what can be done. That's a cool suggestion!

So gang, I did manage to get stage 1 complete today. The barn shed is packed. Here are the progress pictures.

post-95-129571122337_thumb.jpg

post-95-129571122345_thumb.jpg

Guest hockeymom

Dave, I appreciate your very generous offer, what a nice guy you are! LOL

I will be posting more update pictures this evening when I quit for the day. The shed is even making me laugh, it really is gross! I came in for a drink and a short break from the storage battle and hubby said

"So, are you making any progress?"

"Oh yeah, look out the window, can't you tell?" I responded.

"No, there are still a #*&! of a lot of blow molds out there..can't you see you have a problem?"

"What problem? I'm solving it." I answered sweetly "besides, I'm a collector, what do you expect me to do, quit?"

"Babe, the people that collect newspapers in their living rooms have a problem, can't you see you're just like them? I'm calling the men in the whtie coats. We can't even walk in the garage. Why don't you call some of your Christmas friends and give some of this @$%! away?"

There you go Dave..from my "master's" mouth! LOL

Carrie,

You do know that I work with the mentally challenged and mentally disturbed... and your husband is correct there is a subgroup of maladaptive behaviors called Hoarding Disorder... it actually falls diagnostically under Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.... under the 'Compulsive' part... like compulsive gambling...

It is the hardest of the OCD maladaptive behaviors to rehabilitate. Sorry... there is no hope.

I personally feel that instead of going down the whole list of behaviors in the Diagnostic Manual.... there should be a question that asks... do you own more than twenty-five blowmolds.... BAM!!!! You can get diagnosed with OCD that quickly!!

C'mon.... you all know we have it!!! But apparently Carrie has it worse than some of us!!!! HaHa :D

But tell your sweet hubby that the harder others try to make you change... the worse the condition becomes!

... OK... just a little fun fact... as you were... back to your hoarding!! :giggle: Oh, I mean "collecting" (wink wink)

Carrie, I see a couple of problems with your method - how do you get to that one mold you want without all the other ones falling on you, and do you have to slam the door quick or drive your car into it to get the door shut? :) Maybe you need to add on another story to your house for storage - move your kids up there and take over their rooms for storage - save those knees!

Carrie,

Great pics, i love to see how other people store their stuff. I wanna see pics of the garage. It can't be any worse than mine. our garage is 14 by 22 and it is packed to the ceiling, Trash has seen it in person and laughs every time

bob

LOMAO He has no idea what he has......................

Carrie,

Great pics, i love to see how other people store their stuff. I wanna see pics of the garage. It can't be any worse than mine. our garage is 14 by 22 and it is packed to the ceiling, Trash has seen it in person and laughs every time

bob

Bob, I'll show you mine..if you show me yours! I'll get some pictures of the disaster that used to be a garage and will post them. I called FEMA about it, but they said the garage was too far gone and that there was nothing they could do.:giggle:

Carrie, I see a couple of problems with your method - how do you get to that one mold you want without all the other ones falling on you, and do you have to slam the door quick or drive your car into it to get the door shut? :) Maybe you need to add on another story to your house for storage - move your kids up there and take over their rooms for storage - save those knees!

Randy, I know you were kidding but last year I did get buried in blow molds. There was an avalanche which I got caught in. I was literally up to my neck and buried! Took some doing to extricate myself, but I managed it!:D

Hi Carrie...

It sounds like you could use the new invention I am wdrking on. I call it the Littlle Big Shed. Basically it looks like an ordinary shed but it has walls and roofs inside of the walls and roof. As you run out of storage room all you do is pull out the inside walls and the roof until you have enough space.

Unfortunatly I am lacking both in time and money to complete my design.

Do you think there is a sufficient market for my invention?

Bob

Hi Carrie...

It sounds like you could use the new invention I am wdrking on. I call it the Littlle Big Shed. Basically it looks like an ordinary shed but it has walls and roofs inside of the walls and roof. As you run out of storage room all you do is pull out the inside walls and the roof until you have enough space.

Unfortunatly I am lacking both in time and money to complete my design.

Do you think there is a sufficient market for my invention?

Bob

HMMMM well good luck on that LMAO :giggle:

You know where im moving i have like 5 giant sheds so my problem is i dont have enought molds to fill them sooooo i was thinking all of you should box some up and ship them greyhound to me to help me fill up my sheds cause i dont like having empty sheds .... DOnt that sound like a great idea:D:giggle: