The Virginia Mini will be on Saturday June 6 at the Brightwood Ruritan Club at 4689 Lillards Ford Rd, Brightwood, VA 22715. The clubhouse is reserved for all day. We will start with a meet and greet at 10:00 AM go until about 4 or whenever. The clubhouse is on Rt. 29 about 10 miles south of Culpeper or about 35 miles north of Charlottesville. We will have plenty of room in the building for doing things and also a large parking lot and picnic shelter for outdoor things such as welding. We will also have a time for show and tell. So bring something to show the group.

This mini is open to any and all Christmas lighting enthusiasts. Both ones doing it for the first time and those who have done it for years. Whether you have a large display or a small one. All are welcome.

We will also have a spot set up for buying, selling or swapping items. This will be a great way to find a new home for some unused items and pick up something for yourself.

If you are interested in sharing your knowledge in a particular area let me know either by posting here or PM me. Also let me know what areas you are interesting in learning more about.

Lunch will be provided and drinks throughout the day.

I am looking forward to this fun and informative event. To help cover costs we will need a $15 contribution from everyone attending.

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than three weeks until the Virginia mini. Time to make a commitment to attend. Please let me know either via the forum or pm.

If you are coming to the Mini on June 6th and have something to share let me know. If you are planning to attend and want to see something specific please post it on here so we can find someone to talk about it.

So far we are doing some welding and also a presentation on coroplast.

We are looking for someone to demonstrate repairing bad strings of lights.

Andy

Roger,

You are about 3 hours away. I know there are several in Culpeper which is about 10 miles north. There is a Best Western Culpeper, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, and a Microtel all in Culpeper. Looking forward to meeting you.

Andy

Oh my I got a card from Andy today. You know I will be there. Probably Cathy too. For all of you that think it is too far to go from Virginia Beach and Poquoson let me tell you it isn't. I can make it to Va. Bch in a little over one hour from my house in Gloucester and Poquoson in 30 mins.

I went last year and it took me 2 hours and 30 mins. at the most!!! Probably less if I had known where I was going. I came back when it was done and got home around 8 PM. It was really not a bad ride at all. If your a few minutes late it is okay. LOL I was a few minutes late last year and they waited for me.

If I remember correctly I think this was the trip Cathy and I stopped at the yard sales on the way up and back. So you can take a little time off for that. LOL

Now to make a deal. Bill V are you going to be there. (I need more stars)(joking) I would like to trace one of your deers out on paper and bring them back and make some for my yard. I would like to know how you got the fish to spit the water up too. How did you hold the lights up and get them to go up like that.

I hope more folks come. The more the merrier. Do you need me to bring anything? I will let MarthaK know too. Maybe she will come. Does Alec know about the mini???

Edited by lightitup

Lightitup,

I just knew you were still out there somewhere! I'm bringing my welder, some rod, and a bunch of deer frames to show everybody just how easy it is to have some deer leaping around their yard. So did you have a chance to check out my fish? Wait till this Christmas when I add a singing turtle.....Insanity..... I'll bring a couple of those frames as well so everybody can see just how easy these illusions are to recreate.

What's up Tidewater! TOO FAR........

Yes I did check out your fish. I don't understand how you got the lights to go up like they are spitting out. I have posted the mini plus on my website. there are a few members there that wished I had let them know about it last year. I think Martha K is trying to come too. I hope she does. I really want to meet her. We are not too far. We are right in the middle. LOL

Yeah MarthaK has been fishing and up in the mountains. I sure hope she comes. I let her know about it. I would love to meet her in person.

rtk if you need a ride let me know. There will be me and my friend in the car. It really isn't a bad ride. If you have a GPS just put the address in it and it will take you right across the street to it. Look to your left when it tells you that your there and you will see it. LOL

Don't do like I did and turn right at the road thinking the church was it. LOL

Lightitup,

Oh yes, I remember last year. You called and said you were here but where were we. I stepped out on the porch to get better cell phone reception and saw you over at the church. One of the other attendees took him right by the building and about 5 miles down the road realized he had missed it.

Andy

Hi all,

I will be there! How could I not?, since it's just around the corner from me and sitting smack between my house and my fishing holes.

I'm really glad to hear there will be a welding class. :D

Thanks for doing all this Andy, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

I also have a few things I'd like to clear out for a little cash. How about some 20 amp. GFCI's new in the box for 4.00 a piece. Would there be any interest in slightly used green 100 count mini's at 4 strings for a buck....I got 200. Lets see....what else

Work has taken me out of VA and I wont be back until August but if you have any molds you cant get rid of and you dont mind holding on to them until I get back I dont mind taking them off your hands. Ill even pay any storage fees that you might have...:)

Hey Andy,

Looks like I will be there. Going to bring a few blowmolds I picked up but don't need, maybe I can get a few dollars towards 32 more channels at the Summer Sale. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Roger