• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy MarthaK is coming. I can't wait to meet her. Yippeee. I haven't grown tired of any of my stuff yet. Guess I haven't been doing it long enough. Has anyone heard from alec. I will pick him up if he needs a ride. I sure did enjoy seeing his enthusiasm.

Cathy won't be coming this year and I seriously doubt I can talk my hubby into coming unless we ride the motorcycle and how can I carry blowmolds on the back of a bike. LOL

Edited by lightitup

vroach1966,

Come on down or over or whatever. We will be gald to have you. No real requirement to pre register. I am only trying to get an idea of who is coming to have enough food for lunch and drinks throughout the day.

Lightitup,

I have tried contacting Alec and have not gotten a response yet.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and I'm crossing my fingers that Tyler will be able to come. I grew up in Manassas and lived there until just 5 years ago, so I would love to chat with him on the various displays around town.

I can't wait to meet everyone. MarthaK It will require a photo shoot of the two of us together for my website. You do know that right!!! LOL

I will see if I can get ahold of Alec. I can't believe he isn't on the website. He was just getting going in the LOR.

We will be attending, so add another two. Both of us are very excited to meet others who enjoy the Christmas decorating hobby. I am very excited meet other who have a great interest in Christmas decorating. We will be bringing out scrap books showing 32 years of decorating. If a TV with a DVD player is available we can bring the DVD of the Crazy Christmas Light show from TLC we were on.

I have a few things I would like to bring and possible sell if interest is shown.

At least 50 or more sets of new in the box Home Depot net lights, multi. $3.00each. I have about 15 set of 2' pathway tree sets, 3 trees to the set new in the box $4.00 a set. I will also be bringing a few real traffic signals for $50.00 each, just get creative with them.

Very much looking forward to meeting all, Bobby & Bobbie

We will be attending, so add another two. Both of us are very excited to meet others who enjoy the Christmas decorating hobby. I am very excited meet other who have a great interest in Christmas decorating. We will be bringing out scrap books showing 32 years of decorating. If a TV with a DVD player is available we can bring the DVD of the Crazy Christmas Light show from TLC we were on.

I have a few things I would like to bring and possible sell if interest is shown.

At least 50 or more sets of new in the box Home Depot net lights, multi. $3.00each. I have about 15 set of 2' pathway tree sets, 3 trees to the set new in the box $4.00 a set. I will also be bringing a few real traffic signals for $50.00 each, just get creative with them.

Very much looking forward to meeting all, Bobby & Bobbie

I Would like to see the TLC DVD and/or hear taping stories.

TLC will be in the DC area late June preparing for their 2009 show.

Glenn

Mark,

I guess you can leave the mini a little early and still get home in time to take wife and son out to dinner to clelebrate their birthdays. I totally understand if you don't make it to the mini.

Cliff,

Glad to hear you are coming.

Andy

I have been putting off posting because I was unsure if I would be able to attend, and I have to miss it again this year. :(

My back/hip injury is not cooperating, and my physical therapist told me that I would be making a painful mistake if I drove/sat/stood for an extended period.

Please take lots of pictures! I'll be thinking of all of you on Saturday!

If anyone has a light testor they can bring to demonstrate it would be appreciated. I have had some requests on how to use them.

Andy

I'll bring mine, it's easy to grab on the way out the door. I love my zapper! I even have some half-dead light strings to bring for demo, LOL.

I have sent a PM to everyone who has committed to attend the Virginia mini on Saturday with my cell phone number in case you need it for some reason. If you don't get the PM for some reason send me an e-mail. E-mail address is in my profile and put Virginia mini in subject line.

Kristal,

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Saturday. I was hoping you at least knew about the mini.

MarthaK,

Thank you for volunteering to bring your light tester. I will also have some bad strings that I have removed from decorations.

Andy Anderson

OK, Before I start packing my car with tons of stuff to sell at the Mini I have to have more space- I need to find out if there is any interest in any of this stuff. I would like to unload the following at the mini. If I don't get any feedback I'll figure I'm wasting my time and leave this stuff where it sits.

20 amp GFCI's (white) with plates new in the box $3:00 ea. I must have 20.

Blue Mini Icicles - couple of boxes 300 count $2:00 ea.

5 or 6 wreaths- I guess they are 24" diameter $2:00 a pc.

210 strings green 100 count mini lights used 1 year (4 for a buck)

C-9 25 count strings (50) most multi some all red- No garentee bulbs are all working 4 for a buck.

12 boxes of 150 count clear multi. function mini lights $2:00 ea

Christmas in June!

Hey Bill,

I am sure others will be as interested as I am. I am sure that you will be able to get rid of all you have. I am bringing 4 molds that I just don't have room for so maybe I can generate some spending money. See you all in the morning.

Roger

Bill & Roger,

You guys are killing me! I can't go, but I saved up some money just in case, and I'm going to miss the molds...AND I need multifunctions and blue icicles!

...sigh...

Next year.

I'm dreaming of Christmas-only 5 months until setup!

I am on my way everyone. I am coming empty nothing to sell. I will have a full wallet so I can buy though. Bring everything. I need more, more, more. LOL

Gotta get going see you in a couple of hours. Don't start with out me. Please.

I had a great time meeting everyone and getting pictures of the deers bill brought and learned his trick at getting the fish to look like they are spitting at the reindeer. I learned alot today.

Bobby can you tell me what the name of that book by bruce little was. Thank you everyone. I think I beat ya'll home. LOL

Andy,

Thanks for hosting the VA mini !

It was great to hear and see everyone's tips, tricks, and stories.

Looking forward to seeing many of these displays this season.

Glenn

Thank you Andy for hosting the mini. Bobby thanks for your imput I enjoyed hearing about your display and your tricks. I would like a to thank Bill V for teaching the welding and showing us the easy way to make the spitting fish and the splash. I see arches being really easy to make too. I have the pictures of the deer and I downloaded them on the computer and printed just the deer on some vellum and put them in my projecter to see if it would work and it does. Your awesome bill thank you. Everyone else thank you for your input. I can't wait to see everyones displays this year. RTK I will be buy to see your place.