It was great to see every one again and to make some new friends. Thanks to Bill for the welding demo. I tried but didn't do too well. I guess it is just like anything else takes some time and practice.

Thanks to everyone who came and shared their ideas and talked about their displays. Lots of new ideas.

Looking forward to our next one.

Andy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Andy for hosting this event and Bill for the welding lesson. It was great getting to meet everyone in person after all this time.

My fingers are fine, btw... they didn't sting at all overnight and didn't blister either - which concerned me more than anything given it involved the finger tips of my dominant hand. Nothing to show for the day except a big green light and a couple of calluses. Not a bad deal!

The wife an I had a great time. We enjoyed meting all of you. I learned alot about the new style of decorating, LOR etc. I heard the word stagnate several times. That made me feel out date and old school. Just light up and does nothing, stay lite, no flashing or sequencing. Stagnate. It does kind of sound boring if you are desecribing your Christmas display. What does you display look like? Oh it is programmed to music and it really is like a Las Vegas light show. Now for my kind of decorating. Oh, um, it is just light some lights that do nothing, it is like uh, stagnate.

Andy thank so much for putting this together. We will definately be attanding the next mini where ever it may be.

The two holiday light books that we were in are: Holiday Lights by david Seidman 2003 & Merry Christmas America by Bruce Littlefield 2007.

We will be making a trip to northern VA. this Christmas to check out Jays display and a few others.

Bobby & Bobbie

Hey Bobby,

Everyone has their own style there is no right or wrong way to decorate. Your display makes mine look like small potatoes. Static is used to describe lights that are always lit, but anyone that has in excess of a million lights is by no means stagnate. I really enjoyed meeting you and Bobbie and look forward to the next opportunity, probably that week after Thanksgiving, just so that I can get my head around what a million plus lights look like.

Roger

Bobby,

You have an excellent display. If everyone's display was the same how boring it would be. Keep doing what you are doing. The crowds that come to see your display are the proof that you are doing things right. Glad you enjoyed the mini. It was a pleasure to meet you and Bobbi.

Andy