Guest Scot Meyers

Hey Dano

THats pretty cool. can I make a suggestion. run the rod from the motor thru the bear so it looks like the bear goes up and down and not like its bowing.(just a suggestion)

Also

Put a light in side the box so when it opens the bear will be illuminated.

Great job!

Dano,

Great job on the bear-in-the-box! looks great and seems to work pretty good too! I think Scot has a couple of good suggestions there as well.

Are you going to put any lights on the outside? Rope light would look good I bet.

Thanks, all. I attempted the rod idea, just didn't work out well. The lid with the toy is just too heavy for the motor to operate well. I actually added springs in the back to help 'lift' the lid. As for lights, there will be a spot on it and a lamp from an old microwave (which is 110v AC) on the inside to help in illuminating the project. I still want to tweak the thing out a bit, possibly reducing the bow effect, but just had to post it now!

Dano,

Great job. I have a suggestion for the bow effect. What if you attached the bear with hooks? It appears you have glued his head to the box lid. If there were a way to allow his head to hang off/on the lid, then he would hang vertical through the cycle and not bow over.

If your wife is like mine, you'll want to use hooks so you can change out the bear for a ghost, skeleton, witch, or something for Halloween. I know, I know, that's another list.:giggle:

Still, you did a great job. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Good Luck,

Terry

• 2 years later...

Hey Dano -

Nice job... it looks great! One other suggestion would be to make the lid out of Coro to cut down on weight. If you would... please post another video when you get your changes made... you've done a really nice job on it!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...