found the signup...

http://www.planetchristmas.com/Magazine.htm

I'm guessing it will be an "e-zine"

I don't think so -- Chuck recently posted about touring the facility where the magazines were printed.

I didn't get the idea that this was free, though -- I'm assuming that you'd subscribe just like any other magazine. I haven't seen any info on pricing, etc. though. In these days where 100-year-old newspapers are folding due to not enough advertising revenue and magazines like "PC Magazine" (the computer one) have gone online-only for the same reason, I'm not sure how a "free" magazine would be doable, financially...

-Tim

Tim,

I do remember that Chuck said he would feature a different advertisers every month, and i am guessing the magazine would only be a bout 10-20 pages anyways. Maybe the sponsors every month is picking up the tab?

bob

Tim,

I do remember that Chuck said he would feature a different advertisers every month, and i am guessing the magazine would only be a bout 10-20 pages anyways. Maybe the sponsors every month is picking up the tab?

bob

Sounds good to me! I'm all about free :)

-Tim

The magazine is still very much on track... though life has gotten in the way and postponed things a couple of weeks. Get ready for 32 pages of Christmas decorating info.

The first edition is electronic only... it will have the look and feel of a real printed magazine, but no trees are being killed in the process. We're actually one of the early adopters of the "new media" magazine format. I have a vision of seeing our publication on Amazon Kindles and Apple iPhones.

Stay tuned!

If it's going to be all electronic and no print, I'd rather NOT have it "look and feel just like a printed magazine". Just make it a nice website with clickable content, rich hyperlinks, etc. If it's going to be both a print and electronic, then I can at least see why it would be an "eZine" (so you didn't have to lay out two completely different formats), but otherwise I really hate reading pdf-like documents on the computer...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a nice magazine

good content and layout,

although I do wish some of it were clickable links

but who let Mr Hutchings out of his cage to write for it :giggle::giggle:

Edited by Philip

Chuck Smith,

I like the 2009 mid-recession magazine format. You selected a very cutting edge format and will probably be in company with some of the largest US publishers such as Gannett Co., McClatchy Co. and Tribune Co.

It is easy to navigate, easy to read and not at all like a PDF file. I suspect we will all be seeing this type of publishing in the very near future.

One thumbs up from this reader.

Charles Belcher