Collecting Photos for the Bethlehem Star Project.

Hello Everybody.

Almost 3 years ago I joined Planet Christmas and made my Bethlehem Star using Plywood and posted a How To on my web site which you can find at

http://www.holdman.com/christmas/star/

Since then I have been happy to see many people have found the information useful and have created their own stars based on the same techniques I used. It has been a lot of fun to see the variations and modifications people have used. Many people have improved on the design and the stability of the star.

I would like to create a sub page on my project page that shows the stars people have built based on the design. If you would like to be included, please post any photos, maybe a paragraph on tips and techniques, and your web site if you would like a link to it.

You can post them here in this thread or send them to me at [email protected]

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Here is ours, I replaced the plywood with 1/4" round steel. I wanted the star on top of our 35' tall mega tree and we get fairly high winds here so a bid chunk of plywood up there would catch the wind like a kite and something not so good would happen. The steel has barley any wind resistance. The star is only 4 feet tall, the only problem with this method was attaching the C9's, we ended up using 2 cable ties per bulb and it worked out fine.

Hope this helps!!

-Clint

STAR.jpg

The link you posted takes me to this thread...

My mistake... Here is the correct URL: http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showpost.php?p=372547&postcount=12

Here is a sample cutaway of the bulb mount:

[ATTACH]23874[/ATTACH]

Here they are mounted (side view):

[ATTACH]23876[/ATTACH]

Here is the completed star:

[ATTACH]23875[/ATTACH]

Edited by dmoore