Ok... here's a new one that I haven't seen/heard done before. I am getting married on September 5th (of this year) and would like to put together a sequence or 2 to play at the wedding. I'm thinking more during the dancing time. Surprisingly, my dad is actually the one that has sort of asked me to do it. He thinks that it would be pretty neat and different of course..

So.... does anyone have any ideas on what music would be a good song to do it to??

Michael

One of these songs would be good.

That's What Friends Are For (Dionne & Friends)

Can You Feel The Love Tonight (Elton John)

Friends In Low Places (Garth Brooks)

We Are Family (Sister Sledge)

Friends (Elton John)

Heroes and Friends (Randy Travis)

In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel)

Celebration (Kool & The Gang)

Celebration is a good one... that one would work....

One of these songs would be good.

That's What Friends Are For (Dionne & Friends)

Can You Feel The Love Tonight (Elton John)

Friends In Low Places (Garth Brooks)

We Are Family (Sister Sledge)

Friends (Elton John)

Heroes and Friends (Randy Travis)

In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel)

Celebration (Kool & The Gang)

""Celebrate" by 3 Dog Night. One to get the crowd involved.

What is going to be YOUR SONG that you will dance with your new bride? That would be a good one to sequence and have running while you do your first dance.

"Daddy's Girl" would be a good one for the bride to dance with her dad.

Slow but would look good with a lot of fades and twinkles.

(on this video, it gets good at about the 2 minutes into it. You could edit it just for that part to get all the aunts and uncles and grandmas going.)

This website has some great ideas

http://wedding-planning.suite101.com/article.cfm/fun_wedding_dance_music

I like Dancing Queen, that would be a good one for the Bride.

Guest Lightzilla

Well actually I did my wifes and I's wedding song last December as a birthday gift for her....her birthday is December 22nd. Our 20 anniversary was Oct.1,2008.

Of course I was running AL controllers then and the song that I used for the sequence was called "Together (The new wedding song)". I actually mentioned that on a few posts last year.

I ask a fellow PC member to make me a sequence using that song (Together) for this December for my wife......but this time I am using LOR. He does good sequences.

http://www.imeem.com/wpggizmo1/music/AcPlhu7g/joey-gregorash-together-the-new-wedding-song/

Should play automatically. Great song.

Best Regards,

Scott

We haven't decided on what OUR song will be yet. We're going to have to talk about that this weekend when I am up there. I guess we should do that pretty quickly, so that I can do a sequence for it.

I do know that she wants to dance to Stealing Cinderella by Chuck Wicks with her father.

Michael

""Celebrate" by 3 Dog Night. One to get the crowd involved.

What is going to be YOUR SONG that you will dance with your new bride? That would be a good one to sequence and have running while you do your first dance.

"Daddy's Girl" would be a good one for the bride to dance with her dad.

Slow but would look good with a lot of fades and twinkles.

(on this video, it gets good at about the 2 minutes into it. You could edit it just for that part to get all the aunts and uncles and grandmas going.)

This website has some great ideas

http://wedding-planning.suite101.com/article.cfm/fun_wedding_dance_music

I like Dancing Queen, that would be a good one for the Bride.

Darlene Pino: that website has a nice list of songs. I like the song "Celebrate" and never knew who sung it. Thanks for the info...

Lightzilla: I listened to "Together (The New Wedding Song)" ... twice!! I really liked it. Have to check with the other half this weekend and see what she thinks... thank you for showing me that

Justin: Thank you for the songs list. I will add those songs to the list that I have started. I will then go on Amazon or CdUniverse and listen to a sample of the songs that I don't have.

Michael

Hey lets pull out a oldie with Nelly Its getting hot in here. lol By the way I have that song all sequenced and used it a few times last Christmas. You would not believe how much people enjoyed it and were dancing outside to it. I have to give mad props to Joseph Ayo he really thinks outside the box.

Guest Lightzilla

I did "Flash Dance what a Feeling" by Irene Cara and that was good, I also did some humor songs about Canada by the "Arrogant Worms" (but their music can offend Canadians if they do not have a funny bone)....but I also thought of the children and did some sequences to the original "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer video"

http://www.mp3lyrics.org/a/arrogant-worms/carrot-juice-is-murder/

But "Christmas with a Capital C" by Go Fish gets people running up this way.......if I want to shut the lights off or clear the streets fast I just play that song and with a blink of an eye the cars are gone.

From what I can tell people really liked that wedding song during my light show as well.

Going "outside the box" can be good or bad......you can offend those who say "Christmas music only please" or those who say "give me the rock music"...but tiring to find a middle ground can be tough. I did however find that 8 sequences is not enough to please people in my home town......tried that and people wanted more and thank God I had more.

I just received an email that WOWlights has 64 channel sequences...... I may need to buy some for my display, keep reworking sequences and try to finish the 3 I started my self.

Edited by Lightzilla
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Lightzilla

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who had some input on this topic. I have written down a list of all the songs that you have mentioned here and now have to figure out which one(s) to use.

Michael

Just wondering which songs you have chosen or did you get the chance to choose yet?

Well, within the last week or so there has been a HUGE change. My fiance/ex-fiance decided, last night, to call off the relationship/wedding because of her passion and desire to have a baby. I personally can not have kids of my own, but she wants to go through the whole child-birth thing. She knew that I couldn't have kids before we even started dating... it just hit her all at once, i think, as it was getting closer to the wedding. Better to find out now, rather than after we got married, right?

I just want to thank everyone for their input on songs for this... I really do appreciate it. So, due to the recent events in the last day or so... my Halloween and Christmas show will be staying in Southern California.

Sincerely,

Michael

Just wondering which songs you have chosen or did you get the chance to choose yet?

Well, within the last week or so there has been a HUGE change. My fiance/ex-fiance decided, last night, to call off the relationship/wedding because of her passion and desire to have a baby. I personally can not have kids of my own, but she wants to go through the whole child-birth thing. She knew that I couldn't have kids before we even started dating... it just hit her all at once, i think, as it was getting closer to the wedding. Better to find out now, rather than after we got married, right?

I just want to thank everyone for their input on songs for this... I really do appreciate it. So, due to the recent events in the last day or so... my Halloween and Christmas show will be staying in Southern California.

Sincerely,

Michael

Aw Sorry to hear that. When I met hubby I told him then that I could'nt have more kids but he Loved me anyway. Lo & behold 5 years ago we got custody of my son's {previous marriage} 2 youngest kids.I guess it was meant to be.

Good Luck to You finding Love again someday.

Aw Sorry to hear that. When I met hubby I told him then that I could'nt have more kids but he Loved me anyway. Lo & behold 5 years ago we got custody of my son's {previous marriage} 2 youngest kids.I guess it was meant to be.

Good Luck to You finding Love again someday.

Thank you very much!! It'll take time to heal, it always does. Maybe one day I will find that special person.

Michael

Sincerely,

Michael

Sorry to hear about that. :confused:

Good luck with moving on.

I'm very to sorry to hear this for you,

healing does take time, but like you said it was better for you to find this out now instead of later when her feeling changed from hoping to resentment

the right woman will come along when you least expect it