CDI pre order update

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately finances just wouldn't allow any more Christmas related purchases for awhile so I was unable to order any LED strobes. Really would like some comments from people who ordered them. Specifically, the intensity of those with colored lens.

Thanks!

I bought 10 each of white, red and green strobes for testing. My initial tests show the white are less intense than the regulars from Daryl as I expected. The red and green are far less intense than the white.

I think they will have there place, it just depends on where and how you will want to use them. The question I have and have not had a chance to test is will they fire random from each other or fire in near unison.

I think they will have there place, it just depends on where and how you will want to use them. The question I have and have not had a chance to test is will they fire random from each other or fire in near unison.

I bought 10 and plugged them all in. The do in fact fire differently from each other. The effect is pretty cool.

Got my first bunch of stuff.

Have been able to test other than a few strings to see what they look like.

They look great! all six I plugged in worked. They Dim perfect and are very very bright! Will be testing them all in the next few weeks. By then I should have the rest and will get them tested.

Thanks Paul!

RJ

yep got our preorder a week ago but do to work have not been able to look at all of them. Was able to plug a few in to check out and they look good! :P

Still no word on the replacements here either. But I'm sure Paul will be sending them out soon. :D

I got all my lights from the pre order and all look good. I thought I would also get the returned cases also.. Is there any word on when the replacement lights will be shipped out to us.

Dale

Replacements should be in within 10 days and shipped out ASAP after that.

I bought 10 each of white, red and green strobes for testing. My initial tests show the white are less intense than the regulars from Daryl as I expected. The red and green are far less intense than the white.

I think we got 30... 10 each of white, red and green. They are pretty bright, maybe 10 to 15 led bulbs bundled together. Compared to real strobes, they dont seem to be quite as fast with the on/off although its real close... they also almost blink too frequently per second, definately more frequent flashes per second then Darryl's 1 to 2 flash per sec strobes. These appear to be 4 to 5 flashes a second so at times they appear to be less random and more enclined to reveal that they are strung together on the same line.

Hey guys just got my 50 strobes in and I have tested about 6 of them. It looks like they are fgoing to fire at different times. Just had time to check out 6 though. I can't wait to see 50 of them going.

I found that they all fire at the same time when you turn them on and then over a few seconds get random.

I really wish this was not true but it kind of ruins the strobe effects. I tried a few work arounds but it appears that they did not work. I will be stuck putting a couple each on a number of different channels and starting them at different times to make them look like strobes.

Other than this I like them for the price and they should be more reliable than the real strobes.

RJ

I would think this has to do with the capacitors in the regular strobes charge at different rates.

And holding the charge in the off state. That's why strobe autopsies must be done with the utmost care.

Well, I guess they are great! LOL

From the videos of everyone using them I thought they were fairly random right off the bat. If they are not then I got no compliants with them at all.

RJ

I would think this has to do with the capacitors in the regular strobes charge at different rates.

Jeff is right in part. For example you can take two of what ever discreat componet and as long as it is not a something with a .1% tolerence, that something is going to be a + or - so much from stated value. So what makes a strobe fire in part is a Resistance and Capasitance (SP?) timing circuit. Get one strobe that all of the timing circuit with items that are slightly higher values and it will be a wee bit slower. Get another strobe were all of the componets are on the low side and it will fire faster. And another with a mixture and it will have an average firing rate.

Max

has any one done any testing with the lights yet? dimming/flashing/etc?

on LOR / AL ? i dont wanna start zip tieing and see them start dieing

If your talking about the lights in the 2009 preorder. They are fine. They are the same lights that were good in 2006 and 2007.

I have tested all of mine anyway and they worked fine.

has any one done any testing with the lights yet? dimming/flashing/etc?

on LOR / AL ? i dont wanna start zip tieing and see them start dieing

Everyone of ours worked perfect, Dimmed perfect and I ran a handful for 48 hours non stop dimming up and down to find they all survived and were as bright as when they were first plugged in.

RJ

Everyone of ours worked perfect, Dimmed perfect and I ran a handful for 48 hours non stop dimming up and down to find they all survived and were as bright as when they were first plugged in.

RJ

thanks didnt have one near me so i could test