Completed choir setup, 38 blow molds

Bobby&Bobbie

Your attention to detail really shows! I love it. Im planning a choir this year too after drooling over everyone elses last year. Mine will be a variety of all the different carolers. I saw the show on TLC last year its one of my favorites, you must be so proud! Tom

Sorry about the missed spelled words, I went to public skoole and was just a drop in, I dropped in once in a while to see if school still sucked and it did.

I glad you all had a laugh at my fuses, but to tell you the truth a Noma salesman told me about that. I only did that for about three years and that was about 25 years ago. I am sure most of us here has done some really stupid and unsafe things.

Those YouTube clips are from the TLC show. The house shown is my mothers. This year will be the 32nd or 33rd year lighting up her house. I bought the house next door about five years ago. We now decorate our house the same. If you do watch the TLC show again, watch closeley and you see one house decorated the two. The end of the show gives a good shot of both houses. I believe most here decorate one house, I do two.

Bobby and Bobbie...i saw the choir a couple days ago and thought it was awesome...but just this morning checked out the you tube videos. Ill have to agree with everyone else...WOW!

One of the first things that comes to mind, being from Minnesota, is how a snowfall effects the setup. So i checked a website for annual snowfall and see Richmond gets about 14" annually. So, you do get snow. I compared it to the Minneapolis annual total of 45 - 50 inches. Now 47 inches sounds like alot...and it is alot when measured by time spent on the hiway during snow day traffic jams...but over a 4 month span its obviously not the 4 ft layer of snow in the yard that the numbers might indicate. The snow settles, and melts so by the end of feb this year (minneapolis had 45" total) id say there was only 3-5 inches of hard crunchy snow pack. Over christmas and into january there was only a few inches of snow on the ground.

So, in richmond im going to guess that you rarely get more than 3 inches of snow in one event, and a day later its mostly gone. Snow doesnt affect your moving displays or cover up the lights on the ground too much?

When i tore down in mid january...several of my molds were frozen to the ground, as well as all of my cords. I had to pour hot water at the base of about 6 molds to get them loose.

M.

We won. As for snow, not much anymore. When I was a kid we had 3 - 5 bis snow storms that the snow lasted for several days. In 2008 we had 11" and shut down every thinghere for days. The typical snow here may be a trace to 2" and it is usually all gone withen hours.

Bobby

We won. As for snow, not much anymore. When I was a kid we had 3 - 5 bis snow storms that the snow lasted for several days. In 2008 we had 11" and shut down every thinghere for days. The typical snow here may be a trace to 2" and it is usually all gone withen hours.

Bobby

Congratulations Bobby & Bobbie! I remember seeing the show. Keep up the awesome work.

Very Nice! How do you like mine? Since this pic was taken, I added about 20 more Empire, TPI, and Polorons!

Mark

Wow, Mark, your choir is REALLY nice, too! Doesn't look quite as easy to set up and take down, but you also have some great variety. I'm so jealous, I want a choir. I'm going to try to get a small one started this year!

Yes we were on the Crazy Christmas light show. That was fun to do, not really. The filming took 14 months. The story behind that show is a whole new thread. If interested I will tell it.

14 months!??? :eek: Was that a special or a reality show!?? :eek:

TED