Where are the shows this year

Blearning and I are working on getting together a list as total as possible for the upcoming years displays. We both work in the higher end transportation field so we will have the ability to try and attract more people to your display. If you are interested in sharing your address please PM me with you display information and your light and show length. I am not interested in how many bazillion channels you have because most people will not understand that type of talk. But, if you give me the basic like show times song amount and total light count I can put that and get it out to the masses. I was also trying to get this list together to submit it to the AJC for their Christmas season section and holiday out and about guide. I hope everyone is getting ready for this year I am excited and have built a bigger and better show already... for my second year that is...

:santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::121_reindeer::121_reindeer::121_reindeer::121_reindeer:

I am in of course,

We also need to know the closest light displays to you or good lights to see in your area.

That way when we enter it into the Mapping program we can build tour guides for a multitude of venues, such as extended care facilities, groups and of course the drivers of the aforementioned intention.

So for instance in my area, there is the Village here that has a nice display, a little house on kind of a back road that has been decorating for years and although a tiny house has quite a display. There is also a place up and over a bit that has 1/4 million lights that is pretty spectacular to see.

So when you submit your information, it would be nice to have the location of the places closest to you that we might miss otherwise.

When we get it together you will get a copy of the information to hand out or use at your display. that when when you get the question ... do you know of any other lights in this area .. you will be able to answer it.

If you don't want your display mentioned in the Media guides let us know so that we have your info but we can eliminate it from the masses so to speak.

Why not? You will always be your worst critic. Most people will never know the little glitches your going to have. Trust me last year No one knew the trials and tribulations I had for my first year. Then I sell all my equipment and totally switched gears to use unproven products that I built... This year is going to be REAL interesting. I say do it anyways.. The kids will love it no matter what I promise that.

• 2 weeks later...

Laughing .. Sorry Just a long week and I am tired and punchy ... we will just point them to your website *SMILE*

We wont add you to the list *LOL*

The Idea of a mass media blitz covering the 5 6, 11 news isn't what we had in mind at all. in fact that is too much like work...

Just a place where I could use it ...

OK and Chris ... maybe Larry and JIM and maybe Keith, but really nobody else really.... OK maybe one or 2 more people but that's it really just a few folks .. and Cousins that visit ... well maybe family members too, But nobody else... moms the word ...

I could always say when I am ask ... "NOPE I don't know of any other displays like mine", "Nope not me" ... "HMMMM can't think of one other place like this" ...

Bill, please do not add me to the list. I don't want to go public my first year out! Thanks, Shane

Juts playing ...

You know I want on the list. I love having people know where we are and coming to see the lights.

Don't worry Shane I plan to give you a plug in this years show. Gotta make sure Paulding Christmas gets thsoe gifts.

Bill, I'm glad you got a kick out of that....LOL

On a serious note, I am ok with people visiting my show by word of mouth. This being my first year I have no idea what to expect and don't want my first year to be my last. I live on a main road (not in a subdivison or a low trafic area like you) and I'm on a dangerous curve at that!! In fact I've still gotta call the local PD to make sure I will not be at fault should an accident happen due to people viewing my show, still worried about that one (for liabilty reasons). I guess I'll just see how it goes. Add me if you wish and Joey, I'm fine with the plug as well.

Thanks, Shane

yes I can understand,

Prepare a show that just has static lights and maybe fade from one color to another. Or make one that actually pauses the show with no lights at all. Make it about 3 minutes long. After 3 minutes of no lights people will move on. Then after the 3 minutes of nothing go ahead with another sequence or 2.

Some folks also have added in a show that repeats very often 3 songs maybe and it just repeats. most people wont stick around for that either.

If the traffic does get heavy or if things get out of hand have it ready to add to siwthc your show. Then switch in the scheduler and turn it off and on again.

I have a show prepared that way and if things get out of hand I just run that show instead of the regular one (used it once). I also have a setup that just announces that we are not running for weather conditions (used it once last year when we had that monsoon).

The first year I went down to the Police and talked with them. Their answer was very simple, you let us worry about the traffic you worry about what you are doing.

great to see you are being responsible. I can't wait to see your show.

On a serious note, I am ok with people visiting my show by word of mouth. This being my first year I have no idea what to expect and don't want my first year to be my last. I live on a main road (not in a subdivison or a low trafic area like you) and I'm on a dangerous curve at that!! In fact I've still gotta call the local PD to make sure I will not be at fault should an accident happen due to people viewing my show, still worried about that one (for liabilty reasons). I guess I'll just see how it goes. Add me if you wish and Joey, I'm fine with the plug as well.

Thanks, Shane

OK Joey, send a pm or email to Chris or myself, we need to know a few things

1) at least 5 or more locations that are close to you ... whose show is next to you or any other light displays of interest that would be fun to add and the real look up address. I think if you look up your place Joey using overlook it wont work, but if you use Ovrlk it does ... let us know that kind of thing, You know your area better then anyone.

In my neighborhood, We have a little wee house down behind and around the corner from City hall which has display. Interesting fact is that he has a ton of retro Christmas decorations. A good stop to take in.

2) show times and radio station number, schedule and if you run in bad weather.

3) any interesting facts, Light count, charities, donations, Santa visits every Friday night ???

4) if there is an issue sometimes, like can get crowded, leave space for other traffic, keep to the right, best viewing area is near the big pine tree, best time to visit the display, No room for large buses, anything that might help us out.

IE: tune your radio to 93.5 at the top of the hill.

Anything that might make it easier for the drivers. These drivers are normal tour bus drivers and are very good at what they do. It could be an Extended care tour, maybe disabled children, maybe something more organized.

5) your Phone number if you can be contacted before hand (days not hours) to let you know that a tour bus is coming to you and approximate person count.

do not post the information to this thread please. Email or PM.

We must receive the info in advance of the season so we can massage it, so let's make September 26 cut off date.

Think about it as if you were going to set up a tour night for your self, Okay maybe not for yourself, because I would drive a couple of hours to go see a display *SMILE* and you had 30 or 40 minutes to do it. Then again as if you had 3 hours to take a tour ...

Hope this Helps and may you lights be bright

Bill and Chris

You know I want on the list. I love having people know where we are and coming to see the lights.

Don't worry Shane I plan to give you a plug in this years show. Gotta make sure Paulding Christmas gets thsoe gifts.

My first year was blane in comparison to Bill or Joeys, but you know what ? my grandkids loved it. and nobody new of the multiple mistakes but me and my critic wife :) it was fun challenging and I learned a lot and am still learning and loving it. So Shane just have fun to heck if its not perfect just put the smiles on the kids they won't judge you

Larry

I guess I am going to need to visit old Paulding.com to find some of those houses to add to the list in my area.

Shane, glad to hear you are up for it. I think things will be fine. Jut keep away from the local Paulding media and that should help. In 07 when it was crazy was because we were on the cover of that one local mag with a full story, plus mentioned in several other local publications.

So Shane is one house close to me. I think Shan and I could collaborate on houses in our area.

• 3 weeks later...

Blearning and I are working on getting together a list as total as possible for the upcoming years displays. We both work in the higher end transportation field so we will have the ability to try and attract more people to your display. If you are interested in sharing your address please PM me with you display information and your light and show length. I am not interested in how many bazillion channels you have because most people will not understand that type of talk. But, if you give me the basic like show times song amount and total light count I can put that and get it out to the masses. I was also trying to get this list together to submit it to the AJC for their Christmas season section and holiday out and about guide. I hope everyone is getting ready for this year I am excited and have built a bigger and better show already... for my second year that is...

:santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::santasmileyitty::121_reindeer::121_reindeer::121_reindeer::121_reindeer:

Art Carpenter

309 Cumberland Court

Peachtree City, GA 30269

The Preserve

Going for 120,000 lights this year

www.acarpenterchristmas.shutterfly.com

Please add me to your list

In fact I've still gotta call the local PD to make sure I will not be at fault should an accident happen due to people viewing my show, still worried about that one (for liabilty reasons).

You'd best ask an attorney that question. You'll get a better answer.

Actually we could do the SE USA .. as all our transportation contacts do the SE I don't see why we couldn't expand it as a collaborative effort later, saying that if you have something mind with several displays in your area with 1/2 hour to 3 hour tour and locations it would work well. Think of it as if you were going to do a light tour night.

It is all about working together. we are not trying to duplicate the many lists of Christmas displays. WE really want something that we can hand to someone and say here is the information if you need it.

Over the last year I have learned what works for those people and I think we can add a interesting addition to their services offered if presented in the right format.

That is why it is important to have detailed, timely, and correct information to give them.