I just got my strobes and have been testing them out. I've noticed that for the first few seconds when they are turned on they all blink at the same time and before going into a random pattern. Is this normal? It's not exactly the look I'm going for. I was planning on using the strobes as simulated fireworks so the program only calls on them for a few seconds each time so I'm not achieving the right affect.

Is this how they are supposed to work?

They do fire randomly after a few seconds but if I'm turning the channels on and off. I'm assuming that this recharge needs to happen everytime the channel is turned back on? In videos I've seen where strobes are used in a mega tree, they seem to fire randomly right away.

They do fire randomly after a few seconds but if I'm turning the channels on and off. I'm assuming that this recharge needs to happen everytime the channel is turned back on? In videos I've seen where strobes are used in a mega tree, they seem to fire randomly right away.

From whom did you purchase the strobes?

I use Christmas light show strobes and I have seen this same thing. It does go away. I think what is happening is the capacitors take the same time to charge up when completely discharged. Then as they fire some discharge and charge at different rates. I only notice them synchronizing on the first firing during the first show each night. After that everything seems to randomize somewhat better.

I use Christmas light show strobes and I have seen this same thing. It does go away. I think what is happening is the capacitors take the same time to charge up when completely discharged. Then as they fire some discharge and charge at different rates. I only notice them synchronizing on the first firing during the first show each night. After that everything seems to randomize somewhat better.

Thanks, I'll test them out again today and run them through a few sequences, hopefully it will work better as you said.

I just got my strobes and have been testing them out. I've noticed that for the first few seconds when they are turned on they all blink at the same time and before going into a random pattern. Is this normal? It's not exactly the look I'm going for. I was planning on using the strobes as simulated fireworks so the program only calls on them for a few seconds each time so I'm not achieving the right affect.

Is this how they are supposed to work?

If you have extra channels, you can fake the effect from the beginning by using multiple channels and offsetting the start of each channel. Otherwise, they will take a second or two to randomize.

If you have extra channels, you can fake the effect from the beginning by using multiple channels and offsetting the start of each channel. Otherwise, they will take a second or two to randomize.

Yes, there are some who do that (I'm not one of them though).

Edit: I can't read. I thought you were asking a question when in fact you were answering one. Two bonks on the head for not reading.

Edited by B_Regal78